Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.

grown folks dating..

I find myself happier alone as i get closer to 40, it's hard to find someone you can truly connect with. dates are easy as hell to come by, sex even easier, but a relationship that last more than a few weeks is rather elusive. I find myself missing my solitude, and tend to get real distant. I can't see wasting time with someone, just so i'm not alone.

Anyone else feel that way? Anyone think i'm weird as fuck?

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks. That's what my doctor told me.

Warning - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-05-18 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you aren't weird..... It's your preference, and you don't sound reclusive. It's all good I think.
    It's actually very sane to let things just take their course, whether you meet someone one day, doesn't seem to bother you at all. And that's cool.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I'm going to get in trouble for my comment but here it goes. The people who make these threads seriously need to get real life friends to talk about this stuff and not ask people on the forums of a site designed around world of warcraft.

Infracted - please post constructively
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-05-18 at 12:45 AM.

Not terribly constructive.

On topic: OP, does being around people tire you out? That's symptomatic of many folks who like their alone time... being around others (especially family and such) can be absolutely exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Adieu View Post
    Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks. That's what my doctor told me.
    Ah, your doctor must have been a young wise man.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that 40 is a depressing age. I'm married and feel alone. At least you're getting sex, I have no desire to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way. Im 40 Im happier alone for now, but I fear when Im older Ill have nobody to keep me company and call 911 if I happen to fall or have a heart attack or something. I always imagine neighbors complaining that my house stinks because my corpse is rotting away since I died due to nobody being around, plus 40 is a depressing age because it seems like life is almost over. I already crested the hill and am going down the other side

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    I find myself happier alone as i get closer to 40, it's hard to find someone you can truly connect with. dates are easy as hell to come by, sex even easier, but a relationship that last more than a few weeks is rather elusive. I find myself missing my solitude, and tend to get real distant. I can't see wasting time with someone, just so i'm not alone.

About a year ago I broke up with my girlfriend because it was stifling. She practically lived at my house unofficially, and whenever I wanted to do something other than hang out with her, she would go nuclear. It took about 6 months of her making my life miserable for her to finally leave me alone, and now I feel totally liberated. And I can't see me wanting a serious relationship anytime soon. So no. You aren't weird. I think it's normal. Some people are designed for marriage or serious relationships. I think I may be one of them, and maybe you are too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I also prefer solitude, I don't have contact with anybody but my family. If you don't need it, why bother with it?

I myself don't see anything wrong with it.

Deleted

This is a phenomenon that's becoming more and more common. More and more people choose to live alone. As long as you feel alright the way you are, you should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account

I already feel that way somewhat and I really worry about that sentiment becoming ingrained in my psyche.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Not sure if I'm going to get in trouble for my comment but here it goes. The people who make these threads seriously need to get real life friends to talk about this stuff and not ask people on the forums of a site designed around world of warcraft.
    I have a few friends, not alot, but a few. we talk about all sorts of things, this included. This forum has a large, fairly diverse following, I was wanting a point of view outside of the friends i have.

I posted this in off topic, I really don't see the problem honestly. I guess you really felt the need to say it, no harm there. I could be a dick and point out you seem to post in offtopic, and haven't posted anything in anything remotely video game related. But i'm not going to do that.

We get the idea that everyone has to be paired off, and I just feel strange that I don't feel that urge. And tychoblu, I really have no desire either, I just feel like it's something you have to do >.<

a guy I know at about 35 just found a girl he really clicks with.
    now he's a weird guy, and most people wouldn't find his points of view acceptable, but he seems to have finally found someone. She's a year or two older, so not a kid herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    a guy I know at about 35 just found a girl he really clicks with.
    now he's a weird guy, and most people wouldn't find his points of view acceptable, but he seems to have finally found someone. She's a year or two older, so not a kid herself.
    that's good stuff, i had it once before. But we were both very young (i was 20 and she was 18) and it didn't last too long. Didn't have a damn clue about life then.

It sounds like you're just more interested in a long term relationship instead of a one night stand. Nothing wrong with that. We used to call it "marriage".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No!

For me it's the other way around, when i was younger I was happy alone and lived a life with many one night stands and short affairs but at some point I realized I was missing out on something and decided it was time to get serious with someone and I can't say I've regretted it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It sounds like you're just more interested in a long term relationship instead of a one night stand. Nothing wrong with that. We used to call it "marriage".
    I'm not going to turn it into one of those threads.. Ciggy, I'm the same. As I get older I look back on all the failed relationships I've had and the reasons they've failed and knowing that, the appeal of being in further relationships has lost its shine. If you enjoy your own company, can get sex when you want it and still retain your own space - do that and just embrace it.

Deleted
    Nope, pretty normal I guess, I'm quite fond of my solitude aswell(as in not being in a relationship) and I'm half your age
    Even tough I need social contact like I need water and oxygen.

Then again I'm still young and studying, my interest might change the next couple of years.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2013-05-18 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if that's weird, then i don't want to be normal