Page 2 of 173 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adonael View Post
    Noone hasn't seen the first episodes yet

so

You can't judge a book by its cover.
    I sure as hell can judge a book by its cover. Doesn't mean I won't watch it, it just means I'll be going in with low expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I sure as hell can judge a book by its cover. Doesn't mean I won't watch it, it just means I'll be going in with low expectations.
    I can judge a book by it's cover and I'll like it!

But honestly, judging the book by it's cover isn't smart.

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Marvel universe series, coming out on the 24th, produced by Joss and Jed Whedon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents_of_S.H.I.E.L.D.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    very very much, almost as much as Arrow Season 2, and I'm lookin forward to that a WHOLE lot. Anyone know when it's coming to the UK? They said "soon after" but not how soon.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yussss!!!! Can't wait for this, hoping it comes together well.

Yes, I'm very excited because of Phil Coulson. Love that guy.

Signature Created by Jassinta

SO excited. gives marvel a good way to introduce some of the low level superheroes and whatnot to test the waters
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I am sort of torn. On the one hand the commercials are great, on the other spin-off shows tend to often be kind of bad and often feel to constrained. I hope they do a great job of it and it is successful. Just not getting my hopes up yet.

<Removed>

Please do not promote piracy on our website.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-09-03 at 10:57 PM.

3 weeks from today not that I'm counting down or anything. I think the most interesting part for me is how this is going to tie into the movies. The possibilities are quite endless. Second with the way Marvel/Joss is going you know it will be funny with plenty of action. The only thing I don't like is them going up against NCIS so the ratings won't be that great although it works for me since Tuesday I get NCIS, Shield, and Persons Of Interest all in one night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icyfresh View Post
    Need link for piratbay.se ?
    <Removed>

but if I CAN get it legally in the UK... why go through the kerfuffle of DLing it?

Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-09-03 at 10:58 PM.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am sort of torn. On the one hand the commercials are great, on the other spin-off shows tend to often be kind of bad and often feel to constrained. I hope they do a great job of it and it is successful. Just not getting my hopes up yet.
    I have a feeling you're right. While it centers around a cool concept, the likelihood that they'll be able to bring what audiences are expecting every episode is nil. Of all the networks though, ABC probably has the best track record for sticking with trickier content. If this was airing on Fox then I wouldn't even bother with the pilot since it would be cancelled in 3 weeks when they didn't get 80% of their target demographic each week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    <Removed>

but if I CAN get it legally in the UK... why go through the kerfuffle of DLing it?

your only hope is Sky Atlantic. Other than that you will just have to wait like the rest of us.

Coulson is THE guy, but i didnt rly enjoy the main commercial of the series, i hope the network dont butcher it too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    your only hope is Sky Atlantic. Other than that you will just have to wait like the rest of us.
    Or a VPN/proxy into Canada. I believe it will be available for streaming on ctv.ca either that night or the day after.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Tbh C4 have said they want to air it ASAP, they're really running with this show . In the same way we get Homeland like... a month after the US or something, they want to do the same thing with Agents of SHIELD, meaning I'm 100% sure we'll get it by the end of the year at the VERY latest probably much sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so looking forward to this, and it airs tonight!

I went to high school with Brett Dalton (Agent Grant Ward), and was even in a stage show with him, his first ever, "My Favorite Year." Before that show, we all assumed he would go on to become a prominent politician or a bigtime businessman or something, since he was a straight A honors student, president of the student body, etc. He surprised us all when he went off to study acting.

But yeah, I used to play ping pong with him in his garage, so it's cool to see him in a Joss Whedon show.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I missed it, anyone watch it and like it?
    Last edited by grandpab; 2013-09-25 at 01:56 AM.

OK without getting into spoiler territory I watched it and I LOVED it. It is definitely worth watching, and it ties very well into the Marvel cinematic universe. Coulson is just as awesome as ever, and Whedon is still a great dialogue guy. I'll be here next week and for the whole season, barring anything happening. If they put it up on the official website then I'd say catch it there if you miss the first airing.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    OK without getting into spoiler territory I watched it and I LOVED it. It is definitely worth watching, and it ties very well into the Marvel cinematic universe. Coulson is just as awesome as ever, and Whedon is still a great dialogue guy. I'll be here next week and for the whole season, barring anything happening. If they put it up on the official website then I'd say catch it there if you miss the first airing.
    both YAY and ddaammnnnnn!

YAY because I'm glad the pilot lived up to the hype, hope the series remains strong

ddaammnnnnnnn! because I have to wait till frakkin Friday before it airs in the UK