View Poll Results: Do you think women should be allowed to go "shirtless"?

Voters
675. This poll is closed
  • Yes

536 79.41%
  • No

139 20.59%
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just remember, most of the people who will take advantage of this, are the ones you wouldn't want to see.

Anyway, even if this is now okay, it won't change too much. They can't enforce it in businesses, which will more than likely have policies against shirtless people. Which means more than likely, they'd wear clothing anyway to avoid the hassel.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Deleted
    Most likely if you gonna see some topless women now, they wont be the hot girls with perky tits, but older women with saggy tits

Perfectly ok with public nudity simply because nude is the natural human state.
    Then again I figure most people who are unsightly know it and keep themselves hidden due to society itself being full of self esteem crushing @holes.

And for those saying the only people who would take part are those that you wouldn't want to see, which is bullshit otherwise we would see 300+ pound people at the beach in bikini's/thongs which generally doesn't happen because society has shamed them due to their physical shortcomings.

We of course might see a increase in fat hairy nude men walking the streets, but I assume that would only be because they have larger than average peckers and believe that having it in public view will improve the opposite genders first impressions of them.
    Last edited by skrump; 2013-05-18 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    As well as start bloody growing out of "She's dressed slutty! SHE MUST WANT ME TO RAPE HER!"
    Girls/women shouldn't be taught "Don't go out, you'll get raped! Be afraid!". Boys/men should get taught "Do not fucking rape. If she tells you to stop you fucking stop right there"
    Now this thread is getting somewhere.

A good reflection of our society and world when someone shows a part of the body everyone has seen and half the population has is judged as immoral by some and a hero by others.

We seriously need, as a culture, to get over our bodies lol, everyone has seen boobies, touched boobies, sucked boobies, why is it such a big deal if they see one in public... humans are such a silly species.

In Greece we have beaches that allow topless women.

It's pretty bad sometimes. Buncha pasty white, overweight, frumpy north European women with either no breasts or saddle bags.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Hmm, I think it's good that women get the same right (walking around topless) as men. However, I don't really need to see all (though it would scarcely happen that a woman will be topless I guess) those boobs just as I don't want to see all those topless men. Therefore, imo, the law should forbid men to walk topless aswell, but as that won't happen I think this new law is better than no equality.
    You hold pretty much what is my stance. Neither men nor women should walk around topless in public. Keep it to the guarden/beach. But the laws should be the same for both.

And the big issues surrounding women are, as I said. That the are raised to be afraid of rape, and that "slut" is bad. While it should be men raised that rape is bad and that women's bodies are their own.

Deleted
    Yes, if a man can be shirtless in public, a woman should be able to do the same.

Deleted
    Neither should be illegal, but really I don't see why, man or woman, you'd ever get topless in the city. What's the point?

Deleted

I'm sure we all can't wait to see boobs like these!

Deleted
    Finally some sanity coming into the world.

What a breast of fresh air.... ahem it had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by xKalle View Post

I'm sure we all can't wait to see boobs like these!
    Eww, she'd need to throw those things over her shoulder to walk topless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Neither should be illegal, but really I don't see why, man or woman, you'd ever get topless in the city. What's the point?
    Personal freedom, I like to evaluate the weather by the amount of clothes I'm wearing, the less clothes, the better. (Well their is a limit ofcoarse )

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind. I can keep my hormones in check and don't go walk around with a boner every time I see female breasts. Hell, I'm okay with nudity in general.

Deleted
    Yes they should be allowed to go topless, in fact I think it should be encouraged. We're being born naked and we shouldn't have to feel forced to cover anything in my opinion. Many view nudity as perverted or sexist mainly because of the restrictions, but yes I do support complete nudism for both sexes .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    In Greece we have beaches that allow topless women.

It's pretty bad sometimes. Buncha pasty white, overweight, frumpy north European women with either no breasts or saddle bags.
    Frumpy!

Never seen that one used before, well thought analysis i say though dear fellow!

OT - I agree in principle of women and men having the equal right to go bare chested in public, especially in heat - but in reality, who would? In a city that is, which will be quite cold often.

Then again - in America, being prude over your body is still a big thing right? - so this would also signify a massive change in public perception over your body.

Deleted
    We're such a spoiled society if the battle for equality takes us to "the right to walk around topless".
    Is there really nothing better to do apart fighting for boobs to be stripped of their status as sex symbol?
    A pair of boobs is a pair of boobs. There's bikinis for a reason. I really don't see the point.

I think we need 30 more years of recession. Just to get back to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    You are okay with it because you see it as a sex symbol, one that you can become sexually aroused by. They don't want that, yet they think that by exposing their breasts they won't get that reaction?

This is why it is illegal, and should remain illegal. Because, and I'm not saying you, people will see a woman walking around topless and think "Hey, she 'dressed' that way, so she definitely wants it" and will grab / touch / purposely walk into her to feel her breasts.
    And that is the problem, the only way to change that mindset is by promoting and practice equality.

Your way of looking at it is pert of the reason why women in middle eastern countries still have to cover them selfs from head to toe with fabric...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    OT - I agree in principle of women and men having the equal right to go bare chested in public, especially in heat - but in reality, who would? In a city that is, which will be quite cold often.
    Actually, major cities are generally a few degrees warmer than the surrounding countryside due to heat created by buildings and viacles that get trapped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Actually, major cities are generally a few degrees warmer than the surrounding countryside due to heat created by buildings and viacles that get trapped.
    In the U.K - i can safely say, it's not like that at all.

I'm from Cambridge though, not the U.S or a major hub like London - so i recognize your point, even if it's not applicable to everything as is the case with mine.