Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Healq View Post
    I already started to play my hpaladin. I ll hit 90 in a few days so I ll be without any cq equipment..
    Yes, but if you just hit 90 you'll also not have PvE gear over iLevel 496 so it's a moot point. At any give iLevel, PvP gear will be far superior to PvE gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Actually no, other then Wpvp the pve gear will not be better. The pve geared players will just have an easier time to get into pvp. If they do and they like it the hope is that it will create more competion for us in the future. Or at least make it so we don't 2 shot undergeared players. I for one really don't care to much about beating underskilled or undergeared players. In world pvp I don't think the pve gear will make much of a difference as I am prob 2x as skilled as they are. Most of the subs where also lost from the eastern side it seems as well.

I will add that I don't like where pvp is headed right now, not because of the gear changes, that should of been done long ago. Hell we can all enter with equal gear for what I care. What I don't like is people that are hired to do a job, create an expack, make a lot of promises and fail to deliver them. We have more unbalanced now then we have ever seen. Anytime any class becomes remotely fun, blizzard sucks that right out of the class and nerfs it untill its tasteless and just simply not fun to play, unless of course you are a mage. I pretty much stopped playing this game so much mainly just pvping with a mage atm as I know I will never have to worry about it being nerfed in any major way, without getting buffed back 2x in the next patch.

Ill also put here is most of the high end pvp'ers like myself don't want OP, we just want fun and balance. This shouldn't be this big of a deal to do. I don't know why blizzard has to have an ongoing patch war over buffing and nerfing classes. Some shit we have seen in this game is just plain stupid. Ring of peace? Conversion?. Anyway.. yea..

i agree with some of what your saying,but getting pvp gear is easy as shit.honor gear = 1 days of bgs.no rating requirements on gear any more = play your toon and gear the best pvp gear in game = easy.

i think this gear change sucks ass,why?because pvp gear will no longer be bis for any and all forms of pvp.people can spin that any way they want,but the bottom line is pvp gear will no longer be bis for all forms of pvp.that = broken.

if blizz really thinks its hard and people need this change to get pvp gear.then blizz must do the same change for pve because pve gear is harder to get then pvp gear right?

easy fix =copy rift.boost everyone in instance pvp to the starter pvp set.have to have the previous tier piece to upgrade to the next teir.this would allow blizz to keep IL them same on pvp and pve gear.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    That's your opinion. I've infracted just as many anti-PvP posts as I have anti-PvE on this forum. The PvP subforum is actually one of the most relaxed (infraction wise) sections of MMO-C.

Regarding your earlier post about me spreading mis-information, which part of it was false? He needed a very basic and simple answer whether PvE or PvP gear is better in PvP, the short answer is that PvP is better. There may be odd situations where having a PvE ring nets you 30 more resilience at the cost of power, but other than that, the overall consensus is that PvP gear will be best in instanced PvP.
    3 forms of pvp in wow right?instanced,wpvp and duels.after the change pvp gear will only best best for instanced pvp.the other two forms of pvp in wow wpvp and duels pve gear will be better,not sure how you think 1/3 = best over 2/3.

dont leave SW or ORG if your a pvp player,just sit there and q bgs all day.if you leave the citys your ass will be beat by pve geared players becasue pve gear will be better then pvp gear.man thats sounds fun,man that sounds balanced,its a wonder full idea blizz has come up with right?

im glad there are no pve geared players running around in large groups/raids looking for world bosses to kill.o wait a minute?
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-05-19 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    3 forms of pvp in wow right?instanced,wpvp and duels.after the change pvp gear will only best best for instanced pvp.the other two forms of pvp in wow wpvp and duels pve gear will be better,not sure how you think 1/3 = best over 2/3.
    Maybe you should compare actual attendance of each of the forms of pvp. If you think instanced pvp is 1/3 of the game you are way off. If you want to duel you can inspect the person before hand, and if there is anyone who just wants to duel in pve pieces, just don't duel them? Instanced pvp makes at the very least 9/10. If you don't like ilvl cap, leave the game! It's easy fix for now to get pve gear out of instanced pvp. And yes pvp gear will be the best in instanced pvp. And I also think you are making the difference in world pvp bigger than you should, and if you care so much about world pvp, just go farm pve gear, if pvp gear is too easy for you to farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Maybe you should compare actual attendance of each of the forms of pvp. If you think instanced pvp is 1/3 of the game you are way off. If you want to duel you can inspect the person before hand, and if there is anyone who just wants to duel in pve pieces, just don't duel them? Instanced pvp makes at the very least 9/10. If you don't like ilvl cap, leave the game! It's easy fix for now to get pve gear out of instanced pvp. And yes pvp gear will be the best in instanced pvp. And I also think you are making the difference in world pvp bigger than you should, and if you care so much about world pvp, just go farm pve gear, if pvp gear is too easy for you to farm.
    nice try whats this the 2nd or 3rd time you have replied to me today in the same # of threads?

yeah just not duel -sure thats fair right?some people love to do that but now if your pvp geared doing pvp "duels" you will be at a advantage.spin it anyway way you want,but im right.you dont like the new raid boss,well just dont raid then,thats fair right?

if you and the rest of the pvers love pve so much and want to pvp,why not just go get pvp gear?its easy to get,q for a bg and stand there afk and you will still get honor.but i can see how that would be hard for pvers to do.

side note-i did leave the game a long time ago.blizz will never get any more of my $ until they fix the shit hole they made.but thats not going to happen so my playing wow days are over.yeah yeah then why an i posting right koax?because i can and i like to see what going on with a game i once d loved to play.yes wow was a great game "bc".

pvper-hey look pvp gear is no longer bis for duels -this gear scaling crap has its flaws.

koaxialus- dont play wow anymore- dont duel any more either,just inspect your opponent duh! you take the cake for sure
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-05-19 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    koaxialus- dont play wow anymore- dont duel any more either,just inspect your opponent duh! you take the cake for sure
    I never said you shouldn't duel anymore, just saying you should inspect those people beforehand. I think that the most of the people are still going to duel in full pvp gear, because otherwise it has no point to duel really. If someone is going to switch gear just before duel, he's probably loosing health with gear switch, and I would probably put him in ignore, because there is just no point in that.

Also I think that ilvl cap has much more positive aspects than negative, of which only one is world pvp. And if you don't like this, than you should quit the game. And I am also not saying that you should get pve gear to pvp, I am only saying that if you want the edge in world pvp, you should go and get pve gear, espcially if the pvp gear grind is too easy for you already. The ilvl cap is easy and quick and necessary fix, and if they came up with quick way to push pve gear out of instanced pvp, while keeping the pvp gear superiority in world pvp, they would have done it, but it's not as easy as that. We will have to wait for next expansion for that. It's a process and it takes time, I develop software myself, and I empathize with blizz developers.

The pvp grind is bit too short already, but it's about competition in rated pvp so that's a good thing imo, there's just missing incentive for further play after that. Cosmetic gear is not the right incentive for everyone, so they are trying to add further stuff, but that's going to take some time. Tbc was good times, but it was lacking a lot of ease of life stuff, and I wouldn't be able to play it again, even though I have the best memories from that time. Anyway I haven't found better mmo yet, so I will stick with wow, and see how it goes.

nice try whats this the 2nd or 3rd time you have replied to me today in the same # of threads?

yeah just not duel -sure thats fair right?some people love to do that but now if your pvp geared doing pvp "duels" you will be at a advantage.spin it anyway way you want,but im right.you dont like the new raid boss,well just dont raid then,thats fair right?
    The problem here is you are making duels equal to other forms of PvP and it just isn't. So it's not "nice try", it's reality. BGs, RBGs and Arenas are much more important that duels and world PvP to the vast majority of players, any argument stating the contrary is out of touch with reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    The problem here is you are making duels equal to other forms of PvP and it just isn't. So it's not "nice try", it's reality. BGs, RBGs and Arenas are much more important that duels and world PvP to the vast majority of players, any argument stating the contrary is out of touch with reality.
    really?please tell me how bgs are more important then duels or open world pvp?

i said wow has 3 forms of pvp,instanced =bgs,duels,and wpvp right?with the gear change pvp gear will not longer be bis for 2/3 of the pvp in wow.

pve lovers want this change and we all know why.getting pvp gear is about as easy as wiping your ass.if you cant sit down and grind out a full set of honor gear in about 1 day,your just plain bad.

really?please tell me how bgs are more important then duels or open world pvp?
    Because it's what they base their entire PvP system around. Seriously, despite your inability to even type a sentence, you can't be this stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    will pve gear still have more health then than pvp? at the moment most people in pve gear seem to have a lot more health than people in pvp gear.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    will pve gear still have more health then than pvp? at the moment most people in pve gear seem to have a lot more health than people in pvp gear.
    What is this a logical post in this thread? Haha. The only people I would trust posting in this thread are those that actually have played on the PTR.

Some PVE gear will be best in slot in PVP: Trinkets, off sets, 2 pc, 4 pc, depends on class/spec, and playstyle really. Just because Blizz says PVP gear will be best in slot doesn't mean it will be best in slot for PVP. After doing some testing on the PTR it is not as black and white as Blizz portrays. There is a lot of ambiguity and PVP power is a gimped stat.

Just let them wear their pve gear in arena and get rolled. Won't effect true pvpers.