Heroic Durumu 10 troubles

So my guild has spent a couple of days on this boss, which is quite a lot of us because we normally can get kills within 1 night. But for some reason this boss has given us trouble. Enrage isn't an issue, the couple of attempts we were very close to killing it was about 8 minutes into the fight. Our main problem seems to be the Light Spectrum phases. They seem to sometimes last too long, the raid damage is high and if a healer gets the red cone it's usually a wipe for us since we 2 heal it and our heals just suffer too much.

Does anyone have any tips on how they deal with the light phases?

Raid Comp if it matters:
    BrM Monk
    Destro Lock
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Unholy DK (OS)
    Fire Mage
    Ret Pally
    Moonkin (OS)
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pally

This thread has a couple of tips for marking adds in spectrum : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1297071-H-Durumu

and if you're fine with enrage timer, maybe just 3 heal it with your resto druid (guessing thats the moonkin's main spec?)

healer with red cone is a wipe??? healer just needs to have everyone topped off before leaving

hardest part on this boss is drain life on healer DURING light phase

remember itsusually 3min for next light spectrum phase so use any raid cd during that phase (call for AM from ret , boomkin off heal can help heaps if hes spected into HOTW,vigil)

oh and use healthstone :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Trick with the spectrum is to make sure you always position the red ontop of an add before they spawn.

Put melee in the red beam so they can always dps the add. Healers in Blue so they can stand still.

When the life drain comes during Spectrum, stop and deal with it, then start once it is over.

If a healer gets red beam people really need to be on the ball with healthstones and personals, DPS tranq, Aura Mastery. Here is our first kill of it, I get the first beam and our healer gets the last one.

Do you have any logs?

End the phase asap. Red needs to start on an add, it needs to die fast, and then you have to move quickly to the other adds which have to be marked. We've had phases end in <20 seconds and some that drag on for a minute, and the difference is huge. Life drain during the light phase sucks, just use raid cooldowns, soak the best you can and make sure you don't pull it into melee range.

To be fair your doing it way harder than it has to be

1 tank 3 heal or 2 tank 2 heal (with a paladin tank)
    Or all your kills will rely on luck with debuff, add positions and random death during the color phase.

A healer running is not a problem as you can stand in meele range and only move a couple of steps.
    Use raidcds wisely and dispel early if you take to much time to kill adds.

very straight forward but dont underestimate the lifedrain it can easily cost you a kill trust me

We have our ranged go in blue on the first light, and healers in red. Then on the second they swap. Reduces the amount of damage overall.

Have your ret pally reroll prot - Top dps, Top heals
    Acquire Ele shaman - One shot all ice walls.
    Win fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkain View Post
    To be fair your doing it way harder than it has to be

1 tank 3 heal or 2 tank 2 heal (with a paladin tank)
    Or all your kills will rely on luck with debuff, add positions and random death during the color phase.

A healer running is not a problem as you can stand in meele range and only move a couple of steps.
    Use raidcds wisely and dispel early if you take to much time to kill adds.

very straight forward but dont underestimate the lifedrain it can easily cost you a kill trust me
    1 tank 2 healer and just bruteforce it is more then fine aslong as you got hops. (this is alot easier with a prot paladin or monk tho ofcourse). If a healer gets lifedrain have someone block the beam before it activates, healers should never soak the drain.

Best way to speed up light spectrum phase is just to split up the room in 2 halfes, assign 4 people (2 each half) to mark the red adds using /wm 1, /wm 2, etc. the last mark can be used to mark the closest yellow add and just have the person with red not be a snale and all ranged should be able to hit crimson aslong as they can move in far enough. Also have the person with yellow make sure he knows where the yellow adds are and drag the yellow as far away from it as possible. (before it activates)

You should have roughly 35seconds/40seconds (its possible to have as much as 45seconds left with good rng spawns) left till icewall after your first spectrum phase and 20 to 30 after your second (due to drain life and icewalls)

The last thing I did was to setup who goes in what beam in advance for all 3 spectrum phases, if then for example someone who would go in red had yellow, he would simply call so, I would look and call for a swap or as tank stand in it myself (lolvengeance).
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-05-21 at 12:47 PM.

Quick question - does soaking the Life Drain with a large defensive CD (Dispersion) reduce the amount of healing done to Durumu? Also, same question with absorbs (Sacrificial Pact/PW:S)

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Quick question - does soaking the Life Drain with a large defensive CD (Dispersion) reduce the amount of healing done to Durumu? Also, same question with absorbs (Sacrificial Pact/PW:S)
    It is directly linked to the damage you take, so yes dispersion, monk 90% shizzle works, assume sacwould to.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We 2 heal single tank it and healing isn't an issue at all. There is very little damage on this encounter and I pretty much atonement the entire encounter on my alt disc priest.

I'd only suggest doing the above setup if you have the DPS to beat the encounter before the third spectrum phase though. If not you might want to jump to two tanks or three healers to make it a little bit less hairy. While I can say with confidence healing was easy for the first two phases, the third might very well have been pretty difficult.

The biggest hurdle for us aside from doing the normal mode mechanics efficiently/correctly was dealing with life drains during the spectrum. Let people get 2-3 stacks and leap frog in front of them. Some classes can go longer with large percent damage reduction cool downs. You have more than enough time to finish each spectrum phase, if a life drain happens during one simply drop everything and make sure it's done correctly. The second spectrum jumps damage up a decent amount and a life drain done improperly will result in both deaths and durumu healing A LOT.

The new debuff going out is fairly easy to deal with. With certain classes we simply leave it on them for duration and chain personal/externals on them. With others we dispel at the end and only deal with several adds. Never really noticed it.