Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New to elemental, I need you!

I have changed my main recently to elemental from Balance druid.
    I need to know literally everything that you guys know, From Rotation tips, Cooldown tips, encounter advice, gearing, trinkets EVERYTHING.
    Please post everything and anything i have 0% knowledge other than basic stoof.
    DO I EVEN USE SEARING TOTEM!!

Also does anyone have any weakauras that i can take or a link to some thanks
    Last edited by mmoc500b05c971; 2013-05-19 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aueao View Post
    I need to know literally everything that you guys know, From Rotation tips, Cooldown tips, encounter advice, gearing, trinkets EVERYTHING.
    Everything you requested can be found at Icy Veins
    http://www.icy-veins.com/elemental-s...-pve-dps-guide
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

Here you go:

[edit] dammit I was beat to the punch
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Here you go:

[edit] dammit I was beat to the punch
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-5-2-Edition

Bugger icy veins.

Deleted
    change back while you can tbh.

Deleted
    Some basic info that the various guide out there will adress anyway, but in a bigger and longer sequence. Use these points as basic advice, which HAS to be used with a bigger and better guide.

-) Searing Totem always down (either that or Fire Elemental Totem when off cooldown and if you are sure you will have enough time focusing the boss in order not to have it running around all the time).
    -) Keep Flame Shock up on the main target at all times to icnrease Lava Burst's dmg. On secondary target always try to use it, but it's not anymore that much needed, since Lava Burst will still crit, albeit with 33% less dmg.
    -) if the fight has 2+ highly durable targets (such as boss pairs etc), keep Flame Shock up on both all the time, to increase the chanc eof Lava Burst's cd resetting, thus gaining a huge chunk of extra dps.
    -) always have Lightning Shield up, and use Earth Shock when the Shield has at least 6 charges (I'd suggest getting some addons to keep track of the charges, since the game will make Earth Shock's icon light up ONLY when it reaches 7 charges).
    -) both the regular Lightning Bolt and its copy thrown by your mastery can proc a charge for your Lightning Shield: remember that when you have 5 charges and you are casting a Bolt, because you could just get the two missing ones.
    -) try to line up your Ascendance with as many procs as you can, or at least the Skull Banner used by warriors every 3 minutes (that is, if your guild keeps track of Skull Banners and Stormlash Totems, and uses them on cd when needed). Since the Skull Banner is such a dps increase for your Ascendance, addons like TrackCooldowns are quite useful to keep an eye on what is being used by your raid. See the Skull Banner icon flaring up? Time for an Ascendance.
    -) if you are using Elemental Blast as your sixth tier choice, make sure to pair it with Echo of the Elements, and try to keep Elemental Blast on cd as much as you can. The buff it gives you is extremely good.
    -) the pairs are: Elemental Blast + Echo of the Elements, or Primal Elementalist + Swiftness. Remember that your fire elemental is a melee guy with some instant fire spells on long cds, therefore he is fueled by haste rather than mastery. Your mastery is useless for the Elemental, so you'd have to reforge with Haste as a priority in case you'd like to go for Primal Elementalist. In that case, you would be negating a lot of the usefulness of your mastery, but this choice has been made a lot more viable in the upcoming 5.3 patch since our spells have been changed so that even with high amounts of haste + heroism and eventual haste buffs you'll rarely cast something faster than the Global Cooldown.
    -) Lightning Bolt is your filler of choice and, in a week's time, will be cast while moving. Exploit that strength of yours by repositioning where and when needed, and avoiding fire/void zones at will.
    -) Don't refresh your Flame Shock until it has 1-2 seconds remaining, otherwise it will be a dps loss (less ticks and a Global Cooldown wasted on a weak burst spell instead of a Lightning Bolt or something better).
    -) Lava Surge's proc that resets its cooldown has a distinct sound effect: learn how to hear it even during the most chaotic situations, in order to cast an instant, free crit.
    -) you'll often go 3-4 seconds just spamming Lightning Bolt. Nothing to worry, the Bolt is our filler and it's there exactly to do that. Also, it crits for a LOT of damage!
    -) you have two amazing defense cds, i.e. Shamanistic Rage (free casts and -30% dmg for 15 seconds, every one minute? Fuck yes) + either the Astral Thing (tier 1 talent) or the Stone Bulwark Totem (whose usefulness is tied with the amount of spell power you have, which icnreases the shield's strength). Use them!
    -) you couldn't go out of mana if you tried to. Remeber that you can help everyone with a Healing Rain here and there, and by keeping Healing Stream totem down during aoe phases to help the healers! Mana is dropping fast? Thunderstorm is there to give you 45k mana for free, every minute.
    -) Chain Lightning the shit out of mob packs if there are at least THREE mobs in the pack. Remember that CL's mastery proc is different, and depends on the number of bolts flying out at the same time. Each one has a 1/3 chance of reaching your usual mastery %, so you have to hit 3 mobs at once in order to have your mastery % back at its normal level. Use the CL glyph for unbelievable lightning effects and procs. Also, chaining 4+ mobs together gives you so much mana back that big packs can be seen as walking mana batteries. Remember to use this when in need!

Deleted
    Thanks for that kami
    Last edited by mmoc500b05c971; 2013-05-19 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, don't trust Icy-veins fully, some wierd shit that really isn't correct there.

Deleted
    That is why i posted here i didnt want to look at a main stream guide

start with all your cooldowns burst spam lava burst ascendance has low CD and you will be using it to 2+ in a single boss fight

Deleted
    I have another question, If there are two mobs and i am meant to be focusing only 1, will chain lightning be more effective since target dps because of the extra lightning shield stacks and intern more earthshocks procs if i can manage mana well.

If there are 2 opponents, you'll find chain lightning is nice for the extra charges, but harder on mana by a fair bit. Chain lightning reaches a point of mana gain around 4 opponents (with glyph). If you're burning CL on a 2 mob stack, you can use shamanistic rage and thunder to keep your mana pool up.

The "main stream guide" is essential reading. By choosing to not read it, you're choosing to be less educated on the class in general.

Deleted
    I have read it all start to end i am now looking for things that the guides do not tell me like small details to max dps

Chain Lightning (even with the glyph) tends to be a DPS gain on 2 targets, but a bit mana consuming.
    However the extra charges/procs CL generates can outweigh even the mana cost, and give you even more DPS.

Earthquake is to be used when there are like 6+ targets that will stand still and live for at least ~10 seconds.
    Try to get Clearcasting and other procs/buffs before you cast Earthquake to buff it's damage (clearcasting also reduces it's mana cost).

Lightning Shield helps you generate mana through passive, Flametongue mandatory.
    Always make sure your Fire totem is active (magma+projection can work for aoe), and always make sure your Lava Burst and Elemental Blast (lvl90) are used/on cooldown.

I have also switched mains and gone onto my Elemental Shaman, and at the moment, i am absolutely loving the class/spec, however we shall see what the change on Tuesday takes hold of the Elemental Shaman - but it shall still be my main

Deleted
    Do you think that this is a nerf to lava burst or a buff or is it unclear

Deleted
    Do you think that this is a nerf to lava burst or a buff or is it unclear
    It's around a 6% damage increase, this will change depending on your gear though ofcourse.

Deleted
    Ahh, have no tips for you but you're going to have great fun with your shaman.

Deleted
    if there is a lust on the pull what is the best opener if you can get a precast in if you could list all cds then would be nice for example, EB,FS,LvB,Fire ele, acendance bla bla bla