Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Am I the only one thinking this is going by a bit too quickly? Granted, we probably won't be playing 5.4 until July, but what are we going to be doing after that? I simply cannot believe that the next expansion will be out by the end of the year.
    Patch 5.5 and 5.6? If i remember correctly, no one said that MoP will have only 3 raid tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Patch 5.5 and 5.6? If i remember correctly, no one said that MoP will have only 3 raid tiers.
    at this point 5.6 isnt likely. 5.5 is almost guaranteed to happen
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Urgh, the interviewer really should have looked into his own voice volume, I don't like to complain about accents (I've got pretty thick one myself) but that combined with very low volume and I have to guess what he is asking from Stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Hopefully there's at least a Lil Garrosh.
    LOL.

I guess there would have to be!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Blizzar stated that 5.4 will be last raiding patch of expansion unless they make one more mini patch
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I suggested this a while ago, and I hope it is level scaling, but as an option. Allow people to scale their level down to the content / area they're in, such as Naxxramas taking your character down to level 80, including all stats, armour & weapons.
    This is what I'm hoping for. Dragon Soul popped my raiding cherry, so I've never been able to experience old content in the way it was designed.

I would love to have scaling in old raids. It would give my guild something better to do on our optional Sunday raids rather than having to say, "Well, we're not pugging 4 for ToT, so we're doing a ToES alt run."

Even if there's no aesthetic or practical rewards, it would still be immensely fun to do.

While I feel like I'm already mostly done with 5.2, (PvE-wise anyway) I do feel releasing 5.4 before Q4 (or very late Q3) would be too early.

Sure the huge gaps in the past (looking at ICC and DS mostly) have been a bit too long for comfort, but at this rate I'm starting to think it may be a slightly too fast.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

The feature -

Wishing - we get scaled down for old raids.

A fear that just came to me - Pet battle arena with rankings and rewards like the real arena?!

Quote Originally Posted by hughy View Post
    I would love to have scaling in old raids. It would give my guild something better to do on our optional Sunday raids rather than having to say, "Well, we're not pugging 4 for ToT, so we're doing a ToES alt run."
    Even if you did scale down your stats, you wouldn't still be doing the raids the intended way, as base stats/talents/glyphs/spells scaling and whatever have changed so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    New Feature:

I suggested this a while ago, and I hope it is level scaling, but as an option. Allow people to scale their level down to the content / area they're in, such as Naxxramas taking your character down to level 80, including all stats, armour & weapons.

However, it is a option that can be toggled on your Portrait Menu, so that those interested in Mount Farming / Pet Farming / Solo Raiding can still do that, but those wishing to go back and experience to a degree what The Black Temple was like at level 70, then they can! No need for Legacy Servers, as we'll be able to go do the old raids as they were designed then, at the appropriate level and ilevel.
    Keep in mind stats like mastery didn't exist until cata. And mastery is the reason level 80s were able to solo level 80 and level 90 content. Also, hunters don't use mana anymore and armor pen is gone as well as a massive list of other buffs and debuffs. And I don't think it would be simple to remove mastery on all pre-85 raids as specs that stack mastery, like arcane mages, would be completely useless.

If this is the new feature they plan to release I think it will be pointless because the old raids with the current class mechanics will never give the feeling that the game had in previous iterations. And at that point you might as well just solo it at 90.

Also, saying this will be just as good as legacy realms is like saying megablocks are just as good as lego. No it fucking isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Even if you did scale down your stats, you wouldn't still be doing the raids the intended way, as base stats/talents/glyphs/spells scaling and whatever have changed so much.

And you would never get 25 people together (let alone 40) that would be interested past the first few weeks after it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Hope not, I don't see many people using this feature at all. I know I wouldn't. How do you think it would improve the gaming experience?
    Blizzard themselves said, it would be a feature that wouldn't be on the scale of LFR / LFG, and some people might think: "Is that it?"

New feature will be 1 huge daily hub, where you can (if you want) pick up every daily quest available in the game (old and new) and there will be portals to every continent where the daily quests are, there and back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Hopefully there's at least a Lil Garrosh.
    That would be one creepy companion. He'd drop critters off cliffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oWUqfAZH2J8

Here's some bullet points from the interview:

-There will probably be less new pets in 5.4 compared to other MoP patches.
    -The "Big Unannounced Feature" is releasing with 5.4.

I hope for Blizzard's sake the big unannounced Feature isnt a steaming pile of dung like CRZ is, otherwise I foresee another million subs vanishing and Ghostcrawler's resignation being demanded by more players than the 173 page thread already up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    What. Is. It. Blizzard.
    TELL ME.
    Its being able to down level your character (with gear scaling) so you can do level 60 MC raids etc. Its been hinted at for a while and in an interview GC made it was almost screamed into the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Its being able to down level your character (with gear scaling) so you can do level 60 MC raids etc. Its been hinted at for a while and in an interview GC made it was almost screamed into the mic.

Indeed, this is what the feature is.

5.4 will be in September IMO/first week of October at the latest. They wouldn't release a patch later than that because Blizzcons in November

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    ..Lol. Oh man, the smell of rotten fish is going to be heavy in the air if people cant solo the older raids for fun. People are going to want his blood and removal from the game, on levels he's never seen before if this is non-opt-out. This instead of new character models? He must just want WoW to die a horrible death. People use Old Raids for Tmog runs. Remove the inability to raid it solo and people will NOT raid them. But I suppose he wants all the classic stuff to be trashed before he's trashed for turning a multi-million dollar game into a sub-par Shrimp-Boat.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-05-18 at 07:09 PM.

Dance studio... For pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    I hope for Blizzard's sake the big unannounced Feature isnt a steaming pile of dung like CRZ is, otherwise I foresee another million subs vanishing and Ghostcrawler's resignation being demanded by more players than the 173 page thread already up.
    anyone complaining about crz is just throwing a hissy fit over someone taking "their" timelost protodrake or "insert other rare thing here"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552