Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    WOW has survived along side many other MMOs in China ever since it was released, either AOW is absolutely amazing or there are problems with WOW itself.

I think when Chinese players are posting that the expansion that represents their culture is a horrible Western stereotype then yes I believe what they are saying.

Almost one million people came back to WOW for MOP with three months half of them had gone and further three months on not only had all them gone another eight hundred thousand have left. That is not the mark of a good expansion!

As I have already posted non-GAAP revenue was $22 million down like for like for Q1.

They are? Perhaps you should tell the Chinese people that have posted that the Pandaren speak with a Japanese accent as it would appear they cannot tell the difference.
    AOW is wow quality. No other games have been like that. It is also promoted like WOW was back when they were doing ´what´s your game´ .

So 1M came back for WOW, mostly from the west, and 1.3M low-paying players from China left.

Also.. do you know what GAAP stands for?... and why using non-GAAP reporting as a sign of anything is insignificant? You need to understand how they do box sales and then figure out when MoP was launched and you will realize you are looking at the wrong numbers if you want to talk about WOW subscription revenues. WOW beat earnings and revenue estimates, which is why the non-GAAP line is meaningless... which is more just because of the way they do box sales..which is why it is ´non-GAAP´..

I wanna say the new feature is optional challenge modes on old content, MAYBE(most likely 6.0 though) race updates.

I always get really excited about big patches just because i geek out over new armor tiers. Bring on the warrior gear

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They are? Perhaps you should tell the Chinese people that have posted that the Pandaren speak with a Japanese accent as it would appear they cannot tell the difference.
    it seems i was wrong matthew yang who voices the pandaren is actually american born however he was raised by a chinese family, and keon young who voices chen stormstout has a mixed japanese and chinese family. jim cummings the voice actor for lorewalker cho doesnt seem to have any asian background however he is incredibly talented and has worked as a voice actor for years in disney films and the like for a long time. lauren tom the voice actor for li li stormstout is a chinese american, james hong voices master bruisepaw.

i couldnt find who voices lei shen or the mogu but most of the pandaren seem to be voiced by people with chinese backgrounds
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I hope it is the scaled down raids of previous expansions. I never got to raid in vanilla and TBC so I would love to experience it and I would love to go back to ICC and Ulduar in the appropriate gear but it would be a lot of work to make it feel right since we have so many abilities as well as mastery so I think they would have to do some retuning of numbers of the bosses to make it work but I think it would be awesome. Of course there needs to be some incentives for doing them though such as valor points or charms as well as mounts/gear

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it seems i was wrong matthew yang who voices the pandaren is actually american born however he was raised by a chinese family, and keon young who voices chen stormstout has a mixed japanese and chinese family. jim cummings the voice actor for lorewalker cho doesnt seem to have any asian background however he is incredibly talented and has worked as a voice actor for years in disney films and the like for a long time. lauren tom the voice actor for li li stormstout is a chinese american, james hong voices master bruisepaw.

i couldnt find who voices lei shen or the mogu but most of the pandaren seem to be voiced by people with chinese backgrounds
    The Mogu are Japanese-ish. The Mogu in Mogushan Temple in particular are this ridiculous "Japanese" accent like something Mickey Rooney would have come up with back in the 60s. Which is okay I guess if Blizzard plans never to sell WoW in Japan.

No time like the present to try out this ilvl scaling in old raids thing. Mages and Warlocks are still ridiculously overtuned so those who missed out can get a pretty authentic Stackwell Plateau experience. Oh and Rogues are the best melee so that works out nicely for the inevitable "LFM for SP, must have Glaives!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Paid class change

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    I hope it is the scaled down raids of previous expansions. I never got to raid in vanilla and TBC so I would love to experience it and I would love to go back to ICC and Ulduar in the appropriate gear but it would be a lot of work to make it feel right since we have so many abilities as well as mastery so I think they would have to do some retuning of numbers of the bosses to make it work but I think it would be awesome. Of course there needs to be some incentives for doing them though such as valor points or charms as well as mounts/gear
    Some people yearn for vanilla and BC only servers, but it is very few people. The majority don't care about that kind of thing. Most of the subs that played back then either don't play anymore or do, but just accepted the fact that those days are long gone. Scaling gear to go back and do older content? That would be the next best thing I suppose. IMO though, I honestly don't think anyone will care about it. Even if they offered rewards. If the option is there, sure, that's great, more power to Blizzard for coming up with new things in the game. But as I said, people would rather do current content than scaling their gear and running older raids.The only way I could see it working is if scaling your gear required the push of a button and then you could queue for the older raids and get current rewards to help you in current content. But would Blizzard really do all this work? I guess we will see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think the new feature is cross realm BoA's.
    That will be awesome or accountwide bank for both factions in realm

And yes gear scalling wont impress me much maybe some players who join in later stages of the game yes but these who are here since old days wont go back and do normal raiding on something who we raid already with months.Also current bosses in old raids are just a shadow of that what was they before
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-05-19 at 03:29 AM.

This is great news for a couple reasons:

1) I want to know what that new feature is. I have a feeling I will be disappointed but I still need to know!
    2) Die Garrosh Die!
    3) I want to see how the rest of the SoO plays out boss wise. Who will be the other bosses? We can expect a similar boss # to that of ToT so who will fill the other roles? I cant wait to find out xD

I reckon this new feature will be something.... unexpected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That would be one creepy companion. He'd drop critters off cliffs.
    I just spat tea all over my screen imagining Lil garrosh running over to other players pets at the top of orgrimmar and dropping them off the zeppelin tower.

I just feel its going to be something stupid. Like 2v2 pet battles. Or pet battle arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    We still don't know if there will be a surprise raid, or even a wrap up patch 5.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the way one of my friends was just mistreated by Blizzard, I feel reasonably certain the new feature of 5.4 will be Item Scaling for the older raids. Probably non-opt out if CRZ is any indicator. If truth, we can kiss fun Transmog runs or soloing MC goodbye.

Oh well. I'll stay on for one more Legion expansion, then I will as Medivh said "Take my place among the legends of the past". This game, the insane nature of the forums, and the rabid fan-boys that get Highly Rated when they troll people have wrecked a lot of the good there once was.

Ghostcrawler will handle the rest I am sure. May the fleas of a thousand camels happily feast.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2013-05-25 at 10:33 AM.

All old 5man and raids rescaled as max level content with appropriate item rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahn View Post
    Given the way one of my friends was just mistreated by Blizzard, I feel reasonably certain the new feature of 5.4 will be Item Scaling for the older raids. Probably non-opt out if CRZ is any indicator. If truth, we can kiss fun Transmog runs or soloing MC goodbye.

Oh well. I'll stay on for one more Legion expansion, then I will as Medivh said "Take my place among the legends of the past". This game, the insane nature of the forums, and the rabid fan-boys that get Highly Rated when they troll people have wrecked a lot of the good there once was.

Ghostcrawler will handle the rest I am sure. May the fleas of a thousand camels happily feast.
    I see you don't have lots of sense in you so let me break it down for you:

If that is indeed the real feature, Blizzard ain't idiots. They will make it optional to scale down gear and everything for the older raids, not a must.
    You will still be able to choose to clear it in a faceroll manner like you do nowadays.

Now that's great.
    If we'll get PTR in June...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I see you don't have lots of sense in you so let me break it down for you:

If that is indeed the real feature, Blizzard ain't idiots. They will make it optional to scale down gear and everything for the older raids, not a must.
    You will still be able to choose to clear it in a faceroll manner like you do nowadays.
    I can see guilds popping up just to run scaled old raids.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict the new feature in 5.4 will be......gender confused warlock pets!!! You just wait :S