So, first let me start by saying I've spent plenty of time on Trion's forums for Rift trying to find solutions, but so far am not sure I've found anything useful. I also cannot make a thread on their forums because of my Rift Lite status.

Now for what I'm hoping for help on. I played Rift back in beta and then for about 3-4 months after launch. After most of my RL friends quit for various reasons I went back to WoW and haven't really spent any time in Rift since then. I always liked Rift and it's system back then, but due to my guild kinda falling apart I decided to just leave and come back sometime later.

With the recent news of the game going F2P I decided to download and install Rift on my computer. I just bought it a few months ago and it's been great for WoW and GW2. I figured I'll play some Rift Lite, decide if it's still fun, then probably buy the xpac and then enjoy the game again come June.

Well, now I'm not so sure. For some reason I keep having either FPS lag or general latency issues whenever I try to complete an action in game (accepting/turning in quests, combat spell casts, etc.). I never had this issue on my previous gaming computer, and I have not changed ISPs since I stopped playing Rift so I'm kinda at a loss.

Here's the computer I just purchased: bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+14%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/6775259.p?id=1218806576744&skuId=6775259

I have updated all drivers, and all my other games seem to be fine. I am reading there's an issue with multi-core processors right now with Rift, but am wondering if that's the case, or maybe I've got something else going on.

I did some latency checks to the rift server and have this information:

approx round trip: Min: 37ms, Max: 44ms, Avg: 40ms.

I guess I'm just at a loss because this lag/latency issue I am having is making it almost impossible to perform any combat actions. I'm hoping maybe the Rift people here know of some other things I should try so that I can see what I think of the game again before I buy the xpac.

FYI: I am running no addons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.