Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    he does this alot.. rets are always horrible according van, lol -

anyways apparently Azael said he got an email from Holinka saying essentially sorry, locks were going to be bad again because he cant figure out a way to buff them without messing up the rest of the game but thanks for the suggestions. so we'll see next week i guess.
    Hmm I'd love to see that email.

now that's bs, he's being perfectly honest and realistic about everything he says about rets. of course he lets his feelings affect his judgment causing him to say some crap on stream which he shouldn't have, but that's perfectly normal. I can agree with people saying he talks too much about balance but that's because people keep asking him and they trust him. it's a sort of fan service he provides for his viewers after all. BUT he very rarely makes any claims about ret being horrible or not viable at all. he usually says rets only works in certain comps which was true even when he was crushing everything with his "vanguards cleave".

15+ Year Old Account
    anyways apparently Azael said he got an email from Holinka saying essentially sorry, locks were going to be bad again because he cant figure out a way to buff them without messing up the rest of the game but thanks for the suggestions. so we'll see next week i guess.
    I completely believe this is 100% legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I completely believe this is 100% legit.
    azael said it on stream..you can check the vod for yesterday. he's not really the type to make shit up. the guy also works for blizzard as a commentator so to what end? what a stupid thing to say.

should they have asked you maybe?

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe part of this thread was spent establishing that "shit said on streams should not be taken seriously". So thanks for furthering the lack of authenticity of it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    now that's bs, he's being perfectly honest and realistic about everything he says about rets. of course he lets his feelings affect his judgment causing him to say some crap on stream which he shouldn't have, but that's perfectly normal. I can agree with people saying he talks too much about balance but that's because people keep asking him and they trust him. it's a sort of fan service he provides for his viewers after all. BUT he very rarely makes any claims about ret being horrible or not viable at all. he usually says rets only works in certain comps which was true even when he was crushing everything with his "vanguards cleave".
    lol..ya ok man.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 02:56 PM ----------

I believe part of this thread was spent establishing that "shit said on streams should not be taken seriously". So thanks for furthering the lack of authenticity of it all.
    what are you even talking about? lol..huge difference.

adorable that you're trying to sound that smart.

actually let me clear up the difference before you respond with 'its the same thing man both streams hur hur.'

1 - is a recount of the conclusion of actual events that have been known to be going on for a while.

2 - is a baseless guess at a future result from a player who doesn't play that class / has a known bias and couldn't explain why he arrived at that conclusion.

same thing though right?
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-19 at 03:04 PM.

To be fair, i'd rather that Holinka found a neat way to buff Warlocks than overbuffing them and putting them into god tier. It's very easy to overbuff Warlocks. They bring a lot of utility, a lot of CC and a lot of burst damage already - and their survivability is pretty good to boot. They are just missing the 'umpf' that a lot of other classes have.

Actually, I'm sort of glad they are leaving Warlocks for a little longer. Balance overall this season is very close to being perfect*, a couple of strong outliers and a couple of weak outliers, but overall, comp diversity is good and classes are mostly okay. 5.3 brings a lot of good tweaks, but nothing huge. It gives more time to gauge where Warlocks are on the overall scale of things.

To OP: I think Vangaurds might've been talking about what is best vs Rets, or something. They won't be the top class though, by a long shot.

* as perfect as WoW arena can be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    gear scaling will fix it!

I look at it like this, I play a ua lock currently at 2kmmr as shadowcleave with a monk healer. The healing nerfs, spriest nerfs, rogue nerfs, dks pretty much unchanged, slight buffs to my lock, nimble brew to the MW. Makes me believe that warlocks will be in a good place.

He contacted Azazel on twitter to talk about warlocks so their is some merit to his claim.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    gear scaling will fix it!
    Warlock had all his cool downs popped and is this live? aren't they nerfing pvp power so the damage won't be anything like this next season. Let any class pop cooldowns and they do about as much damage it really doesn't prove anything. On my boomkin I can get back to back 100k starsuges crits if I am lucky 100% instant and unstoppable unless you have a offensive dispel. This just isn't that crazy.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-05-19 at 08:52 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    There is so much stuff said on twitch, of which 99% is wrong. Even top pvpers rage when they loose, and the most of the this is op, and this is weak come from those moments. I love for example how Hydra always rages when he looses, and he always finds a person, or class to blame, of course there are exceptions to streamers attitude, but it only confirms the rule.

Warlocks bring spammable fear, and some further cc, together with defensive dispel, and also now much more usable gate port for defensives for their team. Any more buffs to their damage, would just result in domination of warlock teams once again. They have to buff them very slowly because it could easily end up in rein of warlocks as Snuggli said. Something like mls is going to be very strong anyhow. Warlocks currently very good partner to be competitive, but unless the spammable fear is getting changed, they aren't getting serious buffs any time soon, and that would require much more changes in pvp than they can currently handle mid expansion. They want to change staff, but are too afraid of the consequences, so they leave it as it is.

In comparison to other classes. they actually are , When have you ever seen in chat "LFM RBGs Ret then gtg"... exactly.

A great ret paladin will still beat an average lock but a good lock will smoke a great ret paladin.

( and a bad rogue will smoke a great lock ;P )

Considering how strong they are at the moment and without any terrible nerfs, seems legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ i laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    In comparison to other classes. they actually are , When have you ever seen in chat "LFM RBGs Ret then gtg"... exactly.

A great ret paladin will still beat an average lock but a good lock will smoke a great ret paladin.

( and a bad rogue will smoke a great lock ;P )
    wtf? what part of that led you to believe that i was talking about this patch only? also - rets are much less shitty than locks - head to head doesnt mean sh*t. Hpal on the other hand..
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-20 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aeser View Post
    Looking at that doesn't really tell you much aside from which classes are good in a number of different comps/settings

Locks are very strong in specific comps but you can't just throw them in anywhere like you can with a Spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Looking at that doesn't really tell you much aside from which classes are good in a number of different comps/settings

Locks are very strong in specific comps but you can't just throw them in anywhere like you can with a Spriest.
    And looking at which class is viable in the biggest numbers of comp/setting usually lead you to the strongest class while looking at the opposite lead you to the weakest

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, buff my class then. Monk goooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    that mage was just plain bad.
    Hard to actually tell if the mage is bad or not. If he had a trinket/iceblock up, then yes. If not, he's just like everyone else who feared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddown View Post
    Hard to actually tell if the mage is bad or not. If he had a trinket/iceblock up, then yes. If not, he's just like everyone else who feared.
    Not that hard actually, just turn up the resolution and look at the trinket icon on the bar. It was up.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Not that hard actually, just turn up the resolution and look at the trinket icon on the bar. It was up.
    Ah, yeah there it is. Hard to tell at the default resolution. Although it's a macro so it might just be the image, although that is incredibly unlikely. Bad mage is bad.