Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    well thats it for another year. I do love eurovision haha, every year i forget how funny it is. U.K needs Adele next year!

Congratz to the Danes btw! \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations Denmark!

Deleted
    only way to win eurosong is to have a catchy tune that has a re-playability value on the radios

grtz denmark

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently you just need to not wear shoes.

Deleted
    eurovision's a bit of a joke, lets be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So like, what stops us from asking Adele to do it :P shes apparently really popular.

Edit: Also that "comedy" woman is making me want to drink heavily.
    Even with Adele singing we'd still get sod all. You could have 2 songs, 1000 female strippers and 1000 male strippers singing a note perfect harmony of bridge over troubled water and we'd still be lucky to get more than 50 points.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    eurovision's a bit of a joke, lets be honest.
    It's a fun show, and it brings Europe together in something. Global/wide events like these is what keeps us together in contrast to pre-world-wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    gratz Denmark, actually a pretty decent song, for cheesy pop

Gotta love Eurovision though, it's basically just an excuse for people to give points to their neighbouring countries, sadly the UK's nearest neighbours (Ireland and France) both fucking hate us
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    gratz Denmark, actually a pretty decent song, for cheesy pop

Gotta love Eurovision though, it's basically just an excuse for people to give points to their neighbouring countries, sadly the UK's nearest neighbours (Ireland and France) both fucking hate us
    we're the millwall of europe, everyone hate's us lol

Deleted
    whats a joke is, some of the countries like the UK have to cough up some money even if the hosting country has wealth, all countries that enter the final should put money in a pot, even so, we of the UK get insulted as such, and no, the winning country doesnt pay up everything, theres a reason why the UK and france among others are in the finals all the time, yes petty, but feel our TV licence etc.. is pretty much going to waste with this crap politics

10+ Year Old Account
    meh i wouldnt get wound up over it, we get to the final every year and its always a fun night (for me atleast), so worth a lot more than what the bbc usually pay for (Dr Who and all that shit).

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    meh i wouldnt get wound up over it, we get to the final every year and its always a fun night (for me atleast), so worth a lot more than what the bbc usually pay for (Dr Who and all that shit).
    Doctor Who is amazing, more money!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Dane, and my facebook is flooded. This is crazy.

Deleted
    Whilst the UK continues to use geriatric singers, with songs that have zero radio playability then we will never do very well at Eurovision.
    Last year we used a 76 year old geezer who croned so badly we came 25th, and this year we used a 62 year old who managed to drag us to 19th position.

What we really need is a young well known artist, or band with a simple good catchy song that get everyone singing, then we just need to get past the "political voting" that no doubt happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    whats a joke is, some of the countries like the UK have to cough up some money even if the hosting country has wealth, all countries that enter the final should put money in a pot, even so, we of the UK get insulted as such, and no, the winning country doesnt pay up everything, theres a reason why the UK and france among others are in the finals all the time, yes petty, but feel our TV licence etc.. is pretty much going to waste with this crap politics
    this is exactly why eurovision is such a load of crap & why most of the rest of europe embrace it with open arms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Whilst the UK continues to use geriatric singers, with songs that have zero radio playability then we will never do very well at Eurovision.
    Last year we used a 76 year old geezer who croned so badly we came 25th, and this year we used a 62 year old who managed to drag us to 19th position.

What we really need is a young well known artist, or band with a simple good catchy song that get everyone singing, then we just need to get past the "political voting" that no doubt happens.
    Im sure we got pretty close a few years ago, i cant remember with who though, might have been Jamelia, but yeah i agree, if everyone else is using pop stars then we should too, i despise one direction but something like that might stand a chance, otherwise just something else catchy. I think the UK just has very different tastes to most of europe for the most part though.

Edit: Ignore that haha, i was looking at the order they performed in -.-
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-05-18 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Im sure we got pretty close a few years ago, i cant remember with who though, might have been Jamelia, but yeah i agree, if everyone else is using pop stars then we should too, i despise one direction but something like that might stand a chance, otherwise just something else catchy. I think the UK just has very different tastes to most of europe for the most part though.

Edit: Close it was Javine, in 2005 when we came 2nd.
    i agree. rumour had it morrisey was interested in doing it a cpl of years ago...go mozza!!!

Deleted
    Boring songs... too many ballads, those eurodance songs were not catchy at all, some trendy dubstep wobbles, only generic songs.

Tony Iommi's Song was shit, too.

Denmark deserved to win: catchy (compared to the rest), rather soft beat, keyboard only in background, no brostep wobbles, that simple flute was quite refreshing after 2642846242 ballads & eurodance which sounded the same (well, opera dracula with eurodance/dubstep music & homoerotic dancers was indeed quite unique... god, this was awful).

Don't know what those performers really think about their songs. Do they really think that their songs are good or is it just a free holiday trip including unlimited alcohol?

Deleted
    I just really can't stand Malta's song or the fake smile of the singer, the song got far too many points, argh! I'm also disappointed for Netherlands, they should have been up there in the top 3.

And Russia's super generic choir song got 5th place? Who the hell voted for them...