Poll: What would you do with Garrosh

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hopefully they just kill him. He's been a mediocre character since his inception.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    An attempt to redeem him will fail, and he will be put down like a mad dog.

I feel like it's been too long since we locked the bad guys up in an inescapable bad guy vault.

I'd get a kick out of seeing Garrosh in some elaborate prison beneath Orgrimmar during the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Winning, for change.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which ever gives a better story ... but knowing Blizzard's "talent" in storytelling, that probably isn't going to happen.

Deleted
    Redeemed and then killed. When he's defeated, he sacrifices himself to stop a bigger power that he's unleashed.

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Killed, definitely killed. If they pussyfoot bullcrap make some crap up about him being redeemed because of his father then the entire writing department needs to be sacked as does lead content design.
    Holy overly dramatic. I hope they do just that just to make you nerdrage.

Deleted
    Given over to the Alliance, and then sent to Theramore where he alone will rebuild the destroyed city for his punishment.

Deleted
    Well at least now we're sure there's at least the majority that would love to see this asshole dead
    Just kill him allready, we don't need to keep all those bad guys in our closets.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Given over to the Alliance, and then sent to Theramore where he alone will rebuild the destroyed city for his punishment.
    That's impossible, he'd die long before it was finished, and besides that, the area is so saturated with magic, he'd probably mutate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    so much for compassion and mercy
    Would you show mercy on someone who not only happens to be a murderous lunatic, but also crushed every bone in your son's body? Garrosh almost killed Anduin and he was saved only by Velen's healing; Varian swore to "end" Garrosh for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see his head on a spike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Would you show mercy on someone who not only happens to be a murderous lunatic, but also crushed every bone in your son's body? Garrosh almost killed Anduin and he was saved only by Velen's healing; Varian swore to "end" Garrosh for that.
    Anduin would and I wouldn't be shocked if the the little turd tries to save him.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Exiled or killed, I don't care which really.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the idea of us detaining him, then there being a cutscene where he is led to the chopping block in full view of the horde/alliance and varian wrynn and thrall both behead him at the same time...

i feel like it'd unify the factions before sending us back to argus
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Kill that terrorist asshat. Garrosh is just as bad as Kalgan, fucks up everything he touches....lol.

I would want him to see him flee, to escape and wander alone. This would give him time to reflect on what he has done and who he has become.

If I were to write the book, it would go something like this:

Ogrimmar falls, he manages to barely escape, battered and broken. He wanders north through Dustwallow until he finds his way to Mudsprocket. Refugees from the war, from the bombing of Theramore, and the remnants of the Grimtotem have taken residence and have a sort of haven for victims of the war.
    Garrosh, having shed his armor and severely scarred from battle, pretends to be an orc who fought in the rebellion and lost everything. He is soon accepted as an fellow refugee. In order to help them, the goblins try to provide travel for the refugees, but are severely taxed in terms of resources. Garrosh, being himself, asks why they simply not rise up and take what they need. The fellow refugees explain that they lost everything fighting against that same tyranny, how could they possibly turn around and commit the same act? Both Horde and Alliance lost families, children, parents, and homes and they want no more bloodshed.

Garrosh is humbled by the depth these refugees have, and by the way former enemies can sit side by side and share in their grief. There are no accusations nor bitterness, only shared sorrow in the collective loss of life. After awhile of living with the refugees, many begin to notice a similarity between their new brown orc companion and the former warchief. But not all acquaintances are bad and Garrosh befriends a small grimtotem orphan, whom he comes to see as an adoptive son. Seeing the child as an opportunity to escape suspicion, he volunteers to return the child to his home in case members of tribe remain to take him in.

He gains passage to the barge in the Thousand Needles. When he lands, he is shocked to see Goblins and Gnomes gathered together, despite not being refugees. Initially outraged, he is ready to attack when suddenly, pirates attack the barge. The gnomes and goblins quickly work together to repel the invaders. After the initial round of cannon fire, Garrosh finds his companion beneath the debris. He is so overcome with grief at the loss of his ward that his bloodrage nearly takes him. He leaps onto the pirate ship and cuts through the raiding party, eventually slaying their captain. It isn't until a gnome priest heals the young Grimtotem that Garrosh regains his senses. The night is spent with steins brimming with ail in celebration, yet Garrosh simply broods alone. When questioned by his ward, he simply replies how disgusted he is with himself - that he would share a drink and express gratitude to his enemies. But then wisdom takes hold, and he openly admits that he is more disgusted with himself for feeling this way towards the ones who saved the life of his companion.

The gnome's flying machines survey the land and find a pack a Grimtotems. Garrosh delivers his ward to them and in a moment of rare tenderness, embraces the child and passes on the same parting words that his father gave him, finally referring to the young tauren as his son.

His mission complete, Garrosh wanderers aimlessly for days, not knowing what to do with himself. Every where he goes, he is bitterly reminded of the ruin that he caused. The burnt villages, the razed forests, the destruction in the name of Hellscream. It isn't long before he begins to curse his own name, the symbol of the kind of warchief he was and now despises. His only comfort are when his thoughts drift back to his son. One particular night, he dreamed of his father and of Thrall and the life he led as the warchief's right hand both in Nagrand and in Northrend.

The next morning he resolved to return to his ancestral home, to seek the council of the shamans to help him find his path in life and perhaps, to purge some of his nightmares. From Gadgetzan he took a wyvern to Ratchet where he boarded a ship to Booty Bay. From there his travels took him to through the Dark Portal a few wyvern rides later, he was home.

Word had reached his village of what he had done and he was shunned. He begged and pleaded for a hearing, but they would have none of it. When they tried to banish Garrosh, he drew Gorehowl, ready to force his way. When the guards attacked, he defended himself, disabling one and overpowering the other. Raising Gorehowl, he readied the killing blow when suddenly - the image of his child flashed before his eyes. Shocked, he lowered his guard, giving the guard time to run him through.

Crippled and dying, Garrosh crawled towards the village head and begged for his forgiveness with his last breath.

As Garrosh fell into darkness, his mind showed the face of Grom. He glared at Garrosh, raised his axe and swung at his child. Before the blow could land, Garrosh awoke with a start in a small hut outside his village. The shamans took pity on him and decided to heal him before exiling him. Days later, Garrosh made his way to the elder Shamans and spoke of what he dreamed. He pleaded with them to help him find his path. After some debate, they decided that he would have to prove himself worthy, to pass a trial, not of body, but of spirit. Garrosh was no shaman and knowing that he had no way of succeeding, accepted the terms still.

The shamans pulled Garrosh's spirit to a higher plane. When he reached there, he found only his father standing, blade in hand. Grom sensed his son and like in Garrosh's dreams, attacked him. Garrosh tried to dodge, to parry, to grapple, but it was all useless. Time and again Garrosh was killed by his father, only to reawaken to the same scene. Garrosh finally broke down and pleaded with his father to have mercy.

Grom glared at him. "Mercy? Since when did I raise you to be weak?" "Mercy" Garrosh begged. "Did you ever show mercy to your enemies? Did you ever grant mercy to the children you slaughtered? To the crippled who sat trapped in their homes as you burned them to the ground?". Like a wave, every atrocity Garrosh had ever committed flooded his mind and Garrosh was forced to experience every single one from the perspective of his victim. Garrosh, through the eyes of the Night elf child, watched as he himself cut the child's parents down. Through the eyes of city guard, watched as the tower of Theramore burned away. Through the eyes of a Jinyu, watched as Garrosh slaughtered every single one of his brethren.

And he wept.

"End it. I deserve no less" Garrosh dipped his head, exposing his neck to his father.
    "No, my foolish child" Grom said. "This will be your curse. The memories of your terror shall burn in your mind and that will be your penance while you walk this world. That is your sentence, and as my son you will carry it out to the fullest".

Garrosh awoke from his trance to find himself in bed. He had slept for over a year. The village elders had spared Garrosh so that he may carry out Grom's judgement. When Garrosh went to meet with the elders, they told him that a Burning darkness approaches Azeroth. They told him that Garrosh's action had brought shame to their clan and that the only way to regain his honor would be to follow in his father's footsteps and quell these demons when they came.

Weeks later, after Garrosh had regained his strength, he set off for the Dark Portal. Once he stepped through, he looked to the sky above the Blasted Lands and watched as Emerald fire fell from the Heavens and landed in the Swamp of Sorrow

Clutching Gorehowl, Garrosh set off for the swamp.

He had found his path.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Killed.... you guys are so boring.

Exiled would be awesome, then bump into him 1-2 expansions later and he's a huge mess.

My thoughts are he has ties to the Burning Legion and thought he could twist their "gifts" to his own means.

This will either result in an Illidan-type villain or he'll become a massive Fel Orc in 5.4.

At the end of the day he'll be defeated, and (a guildy of mine came up with this idea) Malchezaar will show up and take Gorehowl from his corpse before going back in time to Karazhan ("all realities, all dimensions, are open to me").

Wether or not he dies is up for debate, but I think he's definitely under Burning Legion influence, which will act as a segway into the next expansion when we hit the legion, again. He'll either be redeemed and die in a blaze of glory ala his pops, or he'll be taken down like Arthas, snapping back to his own personality at the last moment before his death.