Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I think my plan is to immediately upgrade all my tier pieces and then wait and see if Tuesday's raid results in a weapon that isn't the flippin' Tortos bow or a Thunderforged trinket drops for me before upgrading my trinkets and weapon.

I absolutely detest the notion of upgrading the Tortos bow though. It's a nightmare to reforge out of -- especially with the Soul Charm also providing way too much expertise.
    im with you on the tortos bow. Its a atrocity of hit and exp, a shit blue socket, all for a extra what 2k top end damage. The IQ gun hasnt dropped for me. I have both the bow and xbow, going with the xbow.

I get the feeling that the majority of the people posting are working on heroics while the majority of those "lurking" are not.....

So this is for the silent ones...

Put together a list or find one of the ones that were created here on MMO-Champ of all the hunter loot from ToT... Your (and my) focus is not upgrading BiS, but upgrading the things that will have the most impact on us right now and that will help us with progression.

Now look at what you have and try to guess how long it will be until you replace it with an upgrade, assuming it would drop within 3 kills.

If you have an LFR weapon, upgrade that unless you are downing Tortos and Durumu every week. I would not bother upgrading LFR trinkets, because our best trinkets drop off the 1st and 3rd boss. But if you have 522 Renataki/Bad Juju or the 522 Valor Shado-Pan trinket, upgrade those.

From there, upgrade any 522 Tier you have and then any LFR tier you have (except maybe the gloves, since they drop off boss #3 and Nalak).

Then upgrade 522 gear you have (In most cases raid loot is better than Valor bought gear).

Then upgrade LFR gear. I would not bother upgrading anything lower than LFR gear.

To recap, for those who have not fully cleared normals and likely wont for a couple of weeks.... IMO

522 Weapon>LFR Weapon>522 Trinkets>522 Tier>LFR Tier>522 Raid Loot>522 Valor Gear>LFR Trinkets>LFR Gear

Quote Originally Posted by arrowmachine View Post
    Tortos x8 kills
    Durumu x4 kills
    Iron Qon x3 kills
    Total 15 heroic kills + at least 12 charm used but still no fucking heroic weapon...
    Around that here too

Great answers, thanks everybody! I did mean to upgrade my weapon first, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Is it even worth upgrading a 522 weapon. Ive killed both ironqon and tortos loads of times on hc, stupid ranged weapon wont drop
    it may not but you need to think about what kind of progression you will have by the end of the tier.

lets say i will def upgrade any heroic tier i have, thats BIS no matter what, legs, shoulders, hands and chest, out of those if we get lei shen wich idk atm if we are going to the only waste there would be legs but since we prolly need it i think i can sacrifice those 500 points.

if you dont think you would be getting a better weapon go ahead and upgrade the current. i will upgrade mine because is heroic and i dont think iron q will drop a TF weapon by the end since the only piece of TF heroic loot i seen is the shoulders off 1st boss wich are less agi than heroic tier with useless 2nd stats on it.

i know for a fact that i will get at least 10/13 i will upgrade as this:

weapon (waiting on heroic TF bis from IQ on farm)
    Trinkets heroic (only have soulcharm heroic so i know HTF wont drop or i will use a coin for it)
    Tier Heroic (have shoulders and legs, they are BIS now that we have council on farm and my offpiece is my helm and lei shen is too distant)
    Heroic non TF or any TF H pieces i may get.

im saving a ton as long as you consume 1000 points a week you are Golden if you dont need the Ilvl to help you guild. have 3000 and will spend at least 1500 as soon as they allow me to do it this will give me a 1 week to fish for drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I presume that normal 522 weapon upgraded will now be better that the heroic lei shi gun upgraded (517)
    Yes definitely you'll be gaining a couple hundred 2nd stat but mainly gaining around 700 weapon DPS at a loss of ~90/~180 agility (dependent if you have voice or any of the other ranged weapons)

Taoren, the Soul Burner(2/2 517)
    wDPS: 5433.8
    Agi: 2148
    2nd stats: 1964 (943 haste/1021 mastery)

Durumu's Baleful Gaze(2/2 530):
    wDPS: 6133.5
    Agi: 1971
    2nd stats: 2106 (1141 crit/965 haste)

Voice of the Quilen (2/2 530)
    wDPS: 6133.5
    agi: 2059
    2nd stats: 2139 (1047 hit/1092 haste)

I'm really frustrated about the Tortos bow. I got the heroic one but we are also downing heroic Durumu and Iron Qon every week so I'm considering waiting despite being 10man and just coin on those 2 bosses every week and hope for the best. The Iron Qon gun actually dropped but I was one my priest for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    I'm really frustrated about the Tortos bow. I got the heroic one but we are also downing heroic Durumu and Iron Qon every week so I'm considering waiting despite being 10man and just coin on those 2 bosses every week and hope for the best. The Iron Qon gun actually dropped but I was one my priest for that one.
    It's only 500 valor, you have to upgrade the weapon lol. Hopefully we kill HIQ and I get lucky this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxlax View Post
    The Iron Qon gun actually dropped but I was one my priest for that one.
    Part of me died reading that. I'm so sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    im with you on the tortos bow. Its a atrocity of hit and exp, a shit blue socket, all for a extra what 2k top end damage. The IQ gun hasnt dropped for me. I have both the bow and xbow, going with the xbow.
    I have that bow aswell and I am crying because of all the expertise and hit on stuff Being a dwarf doesnt make stuff easier

Deleted
    I have a question. I have the tf tortos bow and the normal votq. Because of the high exp/hit i was wondering which one should i upgrade. Or is the flat damage increase from the tf bow better than then the secondary stats of the normal iron qon gun.