• Cats

104 54.17%
  • Dogs

88 45.83%

Thread: Cats Or dogs?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure I found this video in the funny videos thread, if so, thanks to whoever posted it.

It's one of my favorites and I think it answers this poll pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs with ease.

Deleted
    Cats are much more like humans when it comes to personalities and nature. That's why I love them more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayand View Post
    Cats are much more like humans when it comes to personalities and nature. That's why I love them more.
    No. Humans are a social pack animal, something which is the total opposite of a cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats. No contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Dogs. Not because I'm such a huge fan of dogs, but because I hate cats unless they're kittens. I have never seen an animal that has a bigger tendency to bite the hand that feeds it. Even humans are lesser assholes than cats.
    You have not met enough humans yet.

"The more people I meet, the more I love my dog." - Pascal
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-22 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I did, trust me. Thing is, cats don't talk so we wouldn't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Or you haven't met enough cats...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beruwan View Post
    Pretty sure I found this video in the funny videos thread, if so, thanks to whoever posted it.

It's one of my favorites and I think it answers this poll pretty well.
    That video won the thread :P

I love both equally. My mother wont have a dog in her house though, and being a student my living arrangements (shared flat) aren't really dog friendly. I wouldn't be able to devote any time to it between studies and work. When I get my own place and my life settles down, i'll probably get a pack of big dogs I can go running around the countryside with. Small dogs I have no time for though :P Hell even a spider would be preferable to an annoying Chihuarat.

Cats, by a lot. Though, if i was in the situation to have a dog, i definitely would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats. I like their nature. You don't become a leader for the cat, you become a friend instead, if you are willing to give it a try. They can be trained too, just like dogs.

I know this one family that has a cat that they take for hunting. I don't actually know what he (the man whose the cat it is) hunts, but I do know the hunting is done with a gun, and it ain't vermin what is hunted. The cat isn't on a leash or anything, it's just there with you. I heard from his wife that he doesn't go out hunting if the cat is not with him. His wife doesn't hunt, but he does go out jogging with the cat and again, without a leash. The cat does know certain commands like many dogs do, and follows them.

I haven't actually seen the cat do any of this, but I have no reason to doubt her. I trust her.

I like both soooo here

Dogs. And by dog I really mean 'dogs that are bigger than cats' so I do not include the little aggressive shithead breeds. Those are over-sized barking rats. Anyways, dogs, because unlike cats, they actually like you, don't pretend they like the attention one second and bite your hand the next like cats, and many dogs contribute more to society than about 50% of the human population. Seeing-eye dogs, search and rescue, hunting, tracking, police, etc, etc...while cats....erm....well, they look pretty...until they bring a half eaten bird to your front door. There are plenty of dumb dogs but the more intelligent dogs are far smarter than cats. Don't get me wrong, I like cats well enough, but my favorite cat was one of my grandparent's cats a while back and that was mostly because he acted more like a dog than a cat. I also grew up with nothing but dogs for pets so I won't deny I'm a little biased (if you exclude the fish, which hardly classify as pets).

Deleted
    Just like a dog, cats are only as smart and affectionate as their owners allow/raise them to be. You don't get a smart and loyal dog without effort for the same reason you don't get a smart and loyal cat without putting in some effort. If you allow your dog to be independent he'll bite you, same with cats. If you raise your cat to trust and respect you then you get a loyal and obedient cat, same with dogs.

The only difference between cat and dog is that dogs use a language that's more humanized and easier to understand. Dogs adapt their language so it's easier for you to understand them. Cats are like French people, they don't give a shit if you understand them or not, it's up to you to learn to communicate with them.

Choose which animal that you like most and go for it, perhaps go for both. Cats and dogs in the same household makes for lots of fun times

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I use to be a Dog Person. Then I met Mariel, she is my cat. She actually cares about me, and waits for me when I leave home. She often sleeps on my bed with me, I wake every morning to her licking my face. I should point out Dinner is served early evening so the behavior is not food related but she is concerned that I should wake up. Sadly she has no concept of weekends so I no longer get to sleep in on my days off. She takes showers, which is amazing since cats hate water. All in all she is just like a tiny dog with no barking, and uses the Litter Box.

Oh and she loves to talk. ie Meow in response to me talking to her.

A few pictures of her.

Playing City of Heroes

Sleeping on my bed

at In&Out
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-05-24 at 02:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Snip
    Aww, such a cutie.

Cats are creatures of habit to say the least. I'm still amazed how my cat manage to follow her schedule religiously even after 20+ years.
    Food at 6am and 6PM, nooner at 12 and stroll around the garden/apartment at 3pm, without fault. xD

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread reminds me of this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fsSAPyHxJI
    its pretty funny, worth watching

10+ Year Old Account
    They are both awesome in their own rights, cats are independent and self sufficient.
    But you can't do much with a cat other than make it chase a string and cuddle with it.

Dogs on the other hand, love attention, can go running with, and are extremely effectionate:

My dog

Also, I hate litter boxes. I'd rather pick up after my dog outside than have a sand box with crap in it in my bathroom.

I have nothing against cats, but I'm more of a dog person. I prefer smaller, indoor type house dogs. I have two right now, one scottie and one dachshund. Both stay indoors, but I live in a more open/rural area, so I have a good enough sized yard that I can leash them up and take them laps around the yard / let them shit a few times a day. I also live pretty close to a road and am afraid to just let them roam around outside unsupervised, so they only go outdoors when I'm with them.

Dogs for sure, In particular Italian Greyhounds.