Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Anecdotal evidence isn't really evidence.
    anecdotal posts aren't really posts either

if someone has an issue with something, whether its a browser or a piece of hardware, coming in and saying "i've never had a problem with 'X'" is about as useful as bucket of sand in the sahara

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Never had any problems what so ever with Chrome running Netflix. What issues are you talking about out of curiosity? I have noticed Youtube experiences some problems lately on Chrome, Firefox is my backup so if youtube is acting wonky I load up Firefox, can't stand IE so can't really give any input on it myself. Worth trying all 3 to see what works the best for you and your computer.
    if you load up netflix on chrome, and then scroll sideways on the main menu, watch your CPU temps, it can cause them to overheat, and running netflix in chrome in general causes your CPU to run warmer than normal, i've confirmed this on multiple PCs as well as other people have reported similar results

specifically, my CPU idles around 28c, running netflix in IE10, will push that up to about 32c, however, with just the netflix tab open in chrome, but not even playing, i never see temps below 40c

not to mention there are other issues with silverlight crashing in chrome, or things like 480 res streams not scaling up to full screen, leaving you with a very tiny video box in the upper left corner of the screen

youtube on the other hand seems to run a bit better in IE10, for example audio tracks are clearer and multi-channel audio does play properly

Deleted
    Chrome all the way. Best browser by a million miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Best browser by a million miles.
    why is that?

Deleted
    It's fast and sleek, iv tried all the browser and it's easily the best. Not even up for debate imo, Firefox is second best and that's still some way off Chrome.

Runs fine on Firefox for me.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    If you mean how it pauses the video and you have to click continue playing after 2-3 episodes? That's something that netflix does now. I would guess that it's to save on bandwidth usage of people who start a season of a show then go to sleep(like me lol).
    Curses! I like streaming hours of stuff while I work for the noise. When the noise stops I hate having to stop what I'm doing to restart it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    It's fast and sleek, iv tried all the browser and it's easily the best. Not even up for debate imo, Firefox is second best and that's still some way off Chrome.
    pretty much the same reasons i use chrome, along with account sync

it does have it's drawbacks though, flash is not exactly stable, and netflix and youtube have had some issues with the last few and current builds

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I'm using Windows 8.
    Not sure if you know, there's a Netflix app for Windows 8. If you're down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Not sure if you know, there's a Netflix app for Windows 8. If you're down for that.
    This seems to only apply to people within the US or wherever netflix is "properly" available. For me being in Australia I can't get the app and I can't get netflix without a vpn service.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno