Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Iron Man 3, no idea how anyone can say different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how Rush was outside your top 10 and This is the End was in it, but a good list nonetheless! By the way have you seen and how did you rate Nebraska, Her, American Hustle, The Hunt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjg1987 View Post
    Iron Man 3, no idea how anyone can say different.
    Maybe if you watched some more films, you would I’m not complaining though.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I don't get how Rush was outside your top 10 and This is the End was in it, but a good list nonetheless! By the way have you seen and how did you rate Nebraska, Her, American Hustle, The Hunt?
    (He wrote he hadn't seen Her, he rated American Hustle 8/10, dunno if he has seen Nebraska or The Hunt but I dare think the answer is no.)

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    He left out entire chapters. The Shire burning/Tom Bombadil. I feel like, based on his letter, Tolkien would be fine with changes. Dwarves vs dragon doesn't change the over-arcing story just as leaving out entire chapters didn't change LotR. Some people just get no pleasure from life.
    Bombadils purpose was given to other characters and he had no impact on the story. Scourging of the shire was left out because it was anticlimactic. Yay you destroyed the ring and freed middle earth but sorry Hobbiton was destroyed...

Neither of those omissions changed the meaning of the story or caused the films to lose the spirit of the books.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Ate their ponies? He didn't think he killed them, you must haved read another version than me, Tolkien rewrote that thing several times. He can't kill them in the tunnels and goes to Laketown because he thinks they're helping them transport the money.

- - - Updated - - -

No it hasn't.
    Smaug mentions to Bilbo that he ate the ponies. Then after Bilbo leaves smaug sneaks out of the mnt and tries to kill the dwarves who barely escape into the tunnel before its closed behind them then smaug heads to lake town.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Her, Nebraska, and The Hunt didn't come to my area (yet) so I couldn't review them.

American Hustle would probably rank about 14th and I gave it an 8/10.

Added Saving Mr. Banks, moved up Iron Man 3, Monsters University and Man of Steel has moved out of the top 10 list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    My final post in this thread.

Final List

Best Picture: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    2. The World's End
    3. Star Trek Into Darkness
    4. Thor: The Dark World
    5. The Wolverine
    6. Iron Man 3
    7. Pacific Rim
    8. Man of Steel
    9. Riddick
    10. The Wizard of Oz
    11. The Lone Ranger
    12. Despicable Me 2
    13. G.I. Joe: Retaliation
    14. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
    15. R.I.P.D

Films I wanted to see in 2013, but was too busy to do so. I'll use my $50 amazon credit to watch these when I can.

Red 2
    Cockneys vs Zombies
    Elysium
    Kick-Ass 2
    The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
    Ender's Game
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    Byzantium
    Django Unchained
    World War Z
    Monsters University
    Now You See Me
    Redemption
    Warm Bodies
    Jack the Giant Slayer
    After Earth
    A Good Day to Die Hard
    Oblivion
    Dragon Lore: Curse of the Shadow
    My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

Added 12 Years a Slave, Iron Man 3 has once again moved out of the top 10 list. The Wolf of Wall Street and Her, then Judgement Day shall be upon us.

When I see Her next week, if it really sticks out to me then I am willing to edit my list, but it has to really impress me.

Deleted
    Locking this one. You have the official thread now and it can be found here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1430412