Holydin - Clemency vrs Unbreakable spirit. Thoughts and opinions

So, I personally switch between the two on a fight to fight basis and I was curious what other paladins thought on this..I feel Unbreakable spirit is a talent that I definitely use on fights where I feel weak towards mechanics that I can mitigate with Dprot as to Clemency I will usually use if I know a member of my group is weaker to a specific mechanic (Assuming you don't need it for the double BoP on fights you one tank) I have definitely saved a few..'special' raiders on Jin'rokh from lightning balls. Just curious on you guys thoughts on the talents and their role in Throne.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    All talents are fine. I prefer Clemency on almost all fights, Hand of Sacrifice is just so sooooooo soooooooooo strong. And don't get me started on Hand of Protect cheesing mechanics all the way to the bank. Really it's all on how much you use the skills related to the talent. I ran hand of purity in several fights in HoF instead of either of the other talents because I felt better using it.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Oh ya, I agree 100% on Purity, I love Purity for Maegara, gives the person running cinders considerable more time to clear out frost. Especially on Heroic Purity + a personal cd = so little frost which just helps a ton towards the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellinz View Post
    So, I personally switch between the two on a fight to fight basis and I was curious what other paladins thought on this..I feel Unbreakable spirit is a talent that I definitely use on fights where I feel weak towards mechanics that I can mitigate with Dprot as to Clemency I will usually use if I know a member of my group is weaker to a specific mechanic (Assuming you don't need it for the double BoP on fights you one tank) I have definitely saved a few..'special' raiders on Jin'rokh from lightning balls. Just curious on you guys thoughts on the talents and their role in Throne.
    hand of protection dont work to mitigate ball damage on jin'rokh..

As for me, it depends on fight. I make use of all 3 talents in that tree.

Was referring to sac since I am comfortable avoiding them the damage is pretty trivial on me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sellinz View Post
    Was referring to sac since I am comfortable avoiding them the damage is pretty trivial on me.
    Ah right, looked like you mean hand of protection though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbreakable spirit, I prefer reduced CDs on bubble and LOH any day of the week
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Depends of the fight and the strat your Raid Leader is using.
    Last edited by Aquilesmagno; 2013-05-19 at 09:14 PM.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

I have used all three with most fights seeing Purity or US. My Clemency use has dropped quite a bit since T14.

Fights where Purity should be mandatory: Megeara, Ji-kun, Durumu

Fights where Unbreakable Spirit should be mandatory: Jin'rokh, Tortos, Dark Animus

Sometimes double bop or hand of purity are great for a particular mechanic, otherwise I go Unbreakable Spirit whenever possible. If you lay hands early enough you get 2 uses, its like having an extra mana pot.

Deleted
    It can also depend on your tank :P I know when I first started heroic tot progress (as a pala tank) while totally under-gearing it (around 500 ilvl) having our holy paladin go clemency was a life saver, allowing me to drop stacks more often. As an example, while our guild was in turd gear and progressing horridon heroic, the gates took longer, the triple punctures dealt nasty damage to me, so with both myself and the holy pala taking clemency, I was able to drop my stacks a lot, meaning no need for tank switching. However, now that my gear exceeds the 530 mark, I can safely take 12 stacks before resetting, meaning our holy pala no longer needs to take clemency.

For the most part, the only person I really communicate spec alterations with is the holy paladin, and it can be very useful to co-ordinate with each other on particular bosses.

EDIT:

Spoke to our holydin - he tends to stick to US. Using only purity on fights with dot damage, and only using clemency if I ask him to.