Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    I thought chest and legs were first for casters?
    weapon is always first. after that it would be very odd if your trinkets are not better upgrades than chest/legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Depends on alot of stuff, but since our 4pc ain't that great, you can always drop it and switch into offpieces if that helps your case.
    Only rocking 2 piece as it is : /

But I'm trying to not worry about it. Even as far as in-game there are worse problems to have.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    Stamina is dead stat for dps though. If you get only half value out of gem, depending on piece it might be better to ignore socket bonuses and go all in for best secondary in all gem slots.

I wish I had such problems, our guild still haven't seen a single caster dps trinket this tier in team of 5 wizards...
    I can't think of too many situations where ignoring the socket bonus is worth getting an additional 160 haste out of a gem. Obviously if the socket bonus is even more hit, then sure. But isn't 60-120 intellect + 240 stamina better than 160 haste?

Also, stamina isn't totally dead. You can build a better shield with more hp, life tap for more mana, heal more with soul siphon.... Ok I got nothing..
    Last edited by schmearcampain; 2013-05-20 at 09:57 PM.

Stamina is dead stat for dps though. If you get only half value out of gem, depending on piece it might be better to ignore socket bonuses and go all in for best secondary in all gem slots.

I wish I had such problems, our guild still haven't seen a single caster dps trinket this tier in team of 5 wizards...
    Socket bonuses are so good right now though that in most gear they're going to be worth picking up even with a stam hybrid gem in any piece that requires only one such gem for a 2+ socket bonus. In items with just one socket, you're definitely taking a DPS loss to gem stam though.

10+ Year Old Account
    HC weapons/trinkets > HC gear > weapon/trinkets > Normal gear (one unlikely to kill HC boss soon) > Other Normal gear

ill be upgrading my trinkets and heroic pieces first. i have normal TF horridon staff but we have heroic on farm so i might just wait til we get that to drop. same with heroic ji-kun belt+tier legs

regardless if your trinkets and weapons are BiS or not, even if you could possibly replace them this lockout those should be the main 3-4 items you upgrade. after that bis pieces/tier items. was the same priority in 5.1

Upgrading my 4 set pieces and my HC TF Chest piece, aswell as my Heroic Twin Consorts staff (Though I wish it was thunderforged =/) and Probably my Hydra Heroic trinket which I also wish was TF =/
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Heroic Twin Consorts staff (Though I wish it was thunderforged =/)
    Guess the first thing I'm upgrading...

In addition, I'll upgrade my legs and shoulders. I'm wondering if it is worth it to upgrade my UVLS.

I've been putting off wielding my Thunderforged wand in leu of my 2hander until i got a not so crappy offhand but that will get upgraded and ill use the crappy offhand. upgrading the offhand isnt really worth it at this point. I looked at the numbers on upgrading trinkets and upgrading Wooshey is a rather small flat upgrade (its like 100 hit after 2 upgrades, and only 100 spell damage to the proc, which i realize is better then it sounds because its 100x10 stacks), not saying its not worth upgrading, its just less of a visual impact to your character stats then something with a flat stat boost.

I really need a 522 helm so i can use my legendary meta. ive been avoiding socketing it into my 502 LFR tier helm but i may just upgrade the helm to 510 and put the meta in. I'm not in such a hurry because the next 5 weeks im taking a class that is going to hurt my raiding attendence anyway...id rather wait and get a 522 made or maybe the 516 thats available this patch instead of upgrading a 502.

I'm going weapon, trinkets, chest/legs/head although none of these are BiS. We're mid-progression (5/13) so I think it's best for our success to get the most bang out of the buck momentarily. All I have will be upgraded anyway in two months, so better get most out of it right now. Of course, as soon as I upgrade that stuff the heroic TF version will drop for me, but so be it (and frankly, if that's what it takes to make it drop, it's fine by me).
    Proud author of the totally outdated WotLK Affli Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably just upgrading heroic weapon, maybe heroic belt. My H Elegon trinket ain't getting touched (and it was already upgrade back in 5.1) and I'd never upgrade the VP trinket. One day my raid will get caster drops...

BiS items and then wait to see what this week's farm turns up. It'd be nice if Gobuchul re-enabled the upgrade ranking thing he had on wowupgrade though *hint hint*.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    What's the opinion on upgrading UVLS?
    I did some math on it using this formula: 1/(1.15^((528-ItemLevel)/15)
    Just in-put the Item Level that your UVLS has and compare it with what it will have once it is upgraded, for example:
    I have UVLS 535: 1/(1.15^((528-535)/15) =~ 106,74% proc multiplier and just multiply it with the 0.525 RealPPM baseline value which puts it at (1,0674*0,525 = 0,56PPM, without factoring in any haste)
    Upgraded to UVLS 543: 1/(1.15^((528-543)/15) = 115% proc multiplier | (1,15*0,525 = 0,60375 PPM)
    Subtract and you can see the difference, (Upgraded - 0Upgrade) | (0,60375 - 0,56 = 0,04375 gain in PPM ) which is a rough 2,3% PPM increase. If you want to further continue on this then by all means go ahead, and if you notice any errors feel free to point it out so it can be corrected.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Obviously he means for socket bonuses that are actually worth getting (there's a few with blue in them). Stamina doesn't add dps to be sure, but neither does hit once you're past the cap - so the only alternative is Stamina, which at least does SOMETHING. You are of course correct that you should NOT match sockets if the socket bonus is not worth getting, and gem for pure instead.

I have yet to see any thunderforge items drop for me, and with only 2 items dropped from ToT normal (none of them being weapons) i am not sure what i will be upgrading when i log on today.

No weapon worth upgrading, only one trinket that MIGHT be worth it and rest is normal 522 gear for me.
    Might just have to stockpile my VP in hopes of getting a weapon or another trinket soon.