Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Reckful promoting private server

Right now, there is a WoW arena tournament on Twitch and it's hosted by Reckful and commentated by Azael and Conradical, all persons of high standings in the WoW community.
    The problem: the tournament takes place on a widely known level 80 private server: **********

Is this wrong? Shouldn't Blizzard do something about it? Do they even know?

So many questions.

In my opinion, this is a very sensitive topic, especially with the recent decline in subscribers. The game is dear and near to me and I really dislike the thought of even more players leaving the Blizzard servers to play for free on some private server.

What is your opinion?
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2013-05-19 at 04:43 PM.

You're promoting the server just like he is. There's my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Private Servers are allowed, till they become to succesfull.
    If that happens blizzard sues them.
    They got 2 options.
    Or pay a bill of millions of dollars.
    Or shut down the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I'm sure this is a bad topic to be posting about.

In any case, Blizzard usually takes action against high profile servers that are making money. Donations/Pay to win type scenarios/or just your standard buying of in game gear.

Deleted
    1 - remove the name of the server or this thread will be locked / deleted
    2 - Blizzard should act to close it down and "reckful" who ever he or they are should have there twitch accountd suspended / locked as they are making use of a private server.

Deleted
    It's still Blizzard's fault because they don't come up with new content to keep the players playing. So instead of searching the internet for private servers I hope they focus on delivering better content. I really want to come back to this game but I just can't find a reason why yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    1 - remove the name of the server or this thread will be locked / deleted
    2 - Blizzard should act to close it down and "reckful" who ever he or they are should have there twitch accountd suspended / locked as they are making use of a private server.
    I seriously doubt that twitch cares about the private servers. Suspension is unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You're promoting the server just like he is. There's my opinion.
    I am not. Nothing more to say to comments like this.

Considering the state of pvp since MoP (and baseline resilience / CC overdose),PvPers have all the reason in the world to play on private. Same as twinks who got really screwed this x-pack.

I am fine with Reckful promoting a private twink server.

Deleted
    It exists because blizzard fails to provide it themselves. If there were official PvP servers where I could have any character at max level with decent starter gear, I'd pay to play on them gladly. Instead, they only have their own arena tournament realms up seldom which I'm afraid isn't quite enough. In addition, it's also an earlier expansion as you mentioned and I know many people that vastly prefer those times to now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    It's still Blizzard's fault because they don't come up with new content to keep the players playing. So instead of searching the internet for private servers I hope they focus on delivering better content. I really want to come back to this game but I just can't find a reason why yet.
    Say what now?
    Blizzard is giving us content as rate as never before.
    And these contents are GOOD content.
    Private servers are much worse then nowadays WoW, if you think it's not then your nostalic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Private servers are not disallowed by EU law thus blizzard has no right to challange their right if the server is set in EU.

No worries, apparently only a tiny minority of the playerbase wants legacy servers to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I'm sure this is a bad topic to be posting about.

In any case, Blizzard usually takes action against high profile servers that are making money. Donations/Pay to win type scenarios/or just your standard buying of in game gear.
    why? why shouldn't we care? Should we just look away and act like everything is just fine? I don't think so.
    Discussion is very important, especially on this topic!

Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Because the same staff that creates new content definitely consists of the exact same people who issue cease and desists.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    why? why shouldn't we care? Should we just look away and act like everything is just fine? I don't think so.
    Discussion is very important, especially on this topic!
    That may be so but discussion of private servers is against MMO-C's policies if memory serves me right (Which it usually doesn't.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    That may be so but discussion of private servers is against MMO-C's policies if memory serves me right (Which it usually doesn't.)
    we aren't promoting or highlighting any private server, we are discussing the impact of private servers on the WoW community

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    I am not. Nothing more to say to comments like this.
    "This player at this website is promoting this specific private server. Lets start a discussion on what we think about him promoting this specific private server."

No, not promoting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Say what now?
    Blizzard is giving us content as rate as never before.
    And these contents are GOOD content.
    Private servers are much worse then nowadays WoW, if you think it's not then your nostalic.
    That's only your opinion.

There are millions that think the game is complete crap these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Private Servers are allowed, till they become to succesfull.
    If that happens blizzard sues them.
    They got 2 options.
    Or pay a bill of millions of dollars.
    Or shut down the server.
    Private servers are never allowed. NEVER.