LvB 2 Second cast time. Annoyed!

Disregard this. MMO-Champ didn't give the full story. Just checked actual patch notes and realized it was a buff due to the extra 25%
    Delete this thread.
    Last edited by Lynix; 2013-05-19 at 09:23 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Deleted
    It's a 6% damage increase on our singletarget, and doesn't nerf our AoE, not sure what you're on about but the buff is really needed, specially with the new meta gem.

Disregard this. MMO-Champ didn't give the full story. Just checked actual patch notes and realized it was a buff due to the extra 25%
    Last edited by Lynix; 2013-05-19 at 09:23 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

You do realize the damage on it was buffed. It was also increased to 2s because of haste clipping. Or do you find it fun to cast something for .6 seconds and still have to wait .4 seconds for the GCD to finish?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They increased the damage with the cast time. Provided you've Flame Shocked the target, LvB scales better than LB with the changes (will fetch numbers momentarily). The increased casting time also increases the benefit of the legendary Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize the damage on it was buffed. It was also increased to 2s because of haste clipping. Or do you find it fun to cast something for .6 seconds and still have to wait .4 seconds for the GCD to finish?
    I don't know what you are doing but if you have the correct amount of haste you shouldn't get any clipping. Except some minor clipping if all your buffs are up including BL/Hero
    Last edited by Lynix; 2013-05-19 at 09:24 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scaling info: (in terms of base damage + % spellpower)
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    LB: 1271 + 73.9% -> 2161 + 125.63%
    LvB: 1579 + 100% -> 2369 + 150%
    The -> conversion is adding Shamanism for LB, Flame Shock for LvB. As you can see, even without factoring in the auto crit function, Lava Burst hits harder and scales better than Lightning Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by kaikoraimi View Post
    Scaling info: (in terms of base damage + % spellpower)
    dude. Re-read the OP lol

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    I don't know what you are doing but if you have the correct amount of haste you shouldn't get any clipping. Except some minor clipping if all your buffs are up including BL/Hero
    Sorry, but there is no "correct amount of haste" to avoid clipping. Presuming you are under bloodlust and the meta procs, you only need 5400 haste rating for clipping to occur with Lightning Bolt. With other sources of haste -- a haste buff from elemental blast and/or windsong (1500 haste rating each), a trinket (i.e., Volatile Talisman's 8800 haste rating), or a boss mechanic, it's fairly easy to get clipping.
    A 1.5 sec cast time under bloodlust and the meta proc is clipped, even if you somehow manage to find a full set of gear without any haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    What's "the correct amount of haste"?

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    What's "the correct amount of haste"?
    I have many haste lets go with that.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    any pvp viability just went away
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    any pvp viability just went away
    Because it matters so such if you get kicked into a 1.5 Lvb or a 2.0 lvb.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been discussed elsewhere, and the OP realized he only had half the story by the third post, so I'm just going to close this.