Poll: Should Crz be optional?

Thread: CRZ optional?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why remove something that is improving the game.
    Deal with it or leave.
    This is purely your opinion. There are just as many people who post that they feel it does not improve the game.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how most of the people saying it's "Good for the game!" give no reasons. Defending at its best.

It should be optional, but it isn't and won't ever be that way sadly. Being a 'high' pop server combined with a retardedly full server and even more other servers is retarded. Pretty much sit in SW after dailies are done, don't want to have to deal with all of the trolls caused by the full server we're now effectively 'merged' with.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Having a system like this be optional sort of breaks it, as the purpose is to increase participation.
    The idea to increase participation is to have things that we can participate in together.

There is nothing in the overworld that incentives participation and cooperation. Throwing more people into the current mix doesn't fix that... it frustrates it.

If Blizz wants to incentivize that, they need to fix the overworld to make cooperation beneficial, not detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Really?

CRZ is the worst thing Blizzard did with WoW.

Try leveling a new character from start then come back and tell us what you think of it.
    It was great. I only got ganked once in Dustwallow. Otherwise, I enjoyed seeing more people using the content that was created, and creating more tense moments rather than just mindless questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If CRZ is to stay, then, dare i say it, they should copy the GuildWars2 model.
    Everyone can mine/herb the same node, that doesn't despair, but has a personal cooldown to your character of half an hour/20 minutes ish.
    I can't remember if GW2 had skinning or not, but a skinnable body in wow should stay skinnable by all for 5-10 minutes ish?

Cant ever see it happening like

---------- Post added 2013-05-20 at 04:11 PM ----------

Despair = despawn

Flippin phone

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    There is nothing in the overworld that incentives participation and cooperation. Throwing more people into the current mix doesn't fix that... it frustrates it.

If Blizz wants to incentivize that, they need to fix the overworld to make cooperation beneficial, not detrimental.
    This sums it up in 2 lines, all the rules for questing and gathering make other players a hindrance instead of a help, make mobs multi-taggable (Everybody who damages it gets quest-credit and items, like named MoP questmobs), and suddenly having other people around doesn't make questing drag balls anymore! Same with resource gathering, no real node-shortage on my server, but try to fix the phasing issues with them anyway, there, i fixed a few of the problems already!

Or just bite the bullet and merge some low-pop servers already...

Blizzard removed group quests, making them as easy as possible, then slapped CRZ in, complaining we were not grouping. They got their wires crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Blizzard removed group quests, making them as easy as possible, then slapped CRZ in, complaining we were not grouping. They got their wires crossed.
    I've discovered that what Blizzard says, and why they do things, are two different things.

CRZ seems to me more like their insane band-aid idea to avoid admitting to needing to merge servers that backfired right into their faces.

CRZ was the worse most poorly planed thing ever implemented into this game.

* this weekend was flying my friends new hunter around and it kept DC'ing and dropping (as if the falling was not bad enough) so ya they have not fixed anything to do with the 2 seater as far as I can see.

* also really hate the 6AM EST resets on the daily's like it much better the old way.

*also really hate playing Quantum Leap every time I zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    They didn't have the technology to make CRZ work back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They didn't have the technology to make CRZ work back then.
    Proof that just because you CAN now do something you couldn't before doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. :P

A fully implemented seamless CRZ in the open world is the worst fear of any hardcore WoW hater.

With a fully integrated economy CRZ and guild play... it would mean an ever populated Azeroth independant of individual realm status or total player numbers.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH : worst nightmare of any WoW hater coming true !

No wonder these guys are in full panic mode ever since this technique was introduced as a first step to this new build in MMO play.

And the worst thing is : ... The competition stands nowhere in this realtime seamless open world play.

It is good to be the King
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-05-20 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Proof that just because you CAN now do something you couldn't before doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. :P
    How else would you fix the lack of population in old zones?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And the worst thing is : ... The competition stands nowhere in this realtime seamless open world play.
    Elder Scrolls will have a single mega server (which is likely powered by the same CRZ everything concept since I can't imagine Bethesda allowing someone to see 3000 other people in a single zone). I was hoping Blizzard would bring this to WoW but it seems like they are not going to add more things to CRZ any time soon. So Elder Scrolls will likely be the 1st MMO to introduce the single server concept to MMO scene.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Elder Scrolls will have a single mega server (which is likely powered by the same CRZ everything concept since I can't imagine Bethesda allowing someone to see 3000 other people in a single zone). I was hoping Blizzard would bring this to WoW but it seems like they are not going to add more things to CRZ any time soon. So Elder Scrolls will likely be the 1st MMO to introduce the single server concept to MMO scene.
    The "will" part is always strong with these new kids on the block.

The loading screens of the Elder Scroll series were already legendary long. I doubt they can make a seamless open world play with background loading ... in view of their thousands of "waiting to load graphics modes" seen already.

Riding on a horsie in Oblivion meant "waiting to load graphics" screen messages ... every 20 seconds, so no one took these rides even. And that was just single player mechanics ...

So good luck to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it should be optional, but not in the way you suggested. Your suggestion would create MAJOR phasing and consistency issues. There really should be CRZ-free realms, or it should be adjusted to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why remove something that is improving the game.
    Deal with it or leave.
    It is not at all improving the game. A very large portion of the playerbase hates it.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Yes, it should be optional, but not in the way you suggested. Your suggestion would create MAJOR phasing and consistency issues. There really should be CRZ-free realms, or it should be adjusted to make it better.

It is not at all improving the game. A very large portion of the playerbase hates it.

How many? And I want to see proof of those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    How many? And I want to see proof of those numbers.
    The majority of CRZ complainers are well known WoW haters who quit the game ages ago. Just browse through these pages.

As I said a fully implemented CRZ play - of which we saw just the first steps - is the worst nightmare of any hardcore WoW hater.

Always fully manned world play in Azeroth , no matter if 200k play or 20 million play: worst nightmare ever for these dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be optional, or they should just merge the dead servers already.
    The majority of CRZ complainers are well known WoW haters who quit the game ages ago. Just browse through these pages.

As I said a fully implemented CRZ play - of which we saw just the first steps - is the worst nightmare of any hardcore WoW hater.

Always fully manned world play in Azeroth , no matter if 200k play or 20 million play: worst nightmare ever for these dudes.
    A fully implemented seamless CRZ in the open world is the worst fear of any hardcore WoW hater.

With a fully integrated economy CRZ and guild play... it would mean an ever populated Azeroth independant of individual realm status or total player numbers.

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH : worst nightmare of any WoW hater coming true !

No wonder these guys are in full panic mode ever since this technique was introduced as a first step to this new build in MMO play.

It is good to be the King
    Stop spamming the same nonsense, it makes 0 sense.