Thread: PvP Gemming 5.3

PvP Gemming 5.3

Has anyone seen any advice on this? With PvPP being nerfed are we looking at gemming agi instead?

The horrendous nerf aside.. Agility is 100% the way to go in 5.3. red agility gems in EVERYTHING, unless the gem bonus is agility, then match it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you might actually still use a combogem here and there.. but generally mainstat will be the way to go yeah.

Agility gems & Agility/resil will be great. PvP power gems, not so much.

Does Agi/resil will be superior to Agi/mastery ?

Quote Originally Posted by Morllinor View Post
    Does Agi/resil will be superior to Agi/mastery ?
    In PvP, most likely. I've never seen anyone run mastery gems for PvP, I don't think it'll be a thing come 5.3 either.

Deleted
    so what about gemming full resil as on live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnvyDT View Post
    so what about gemming full resil as on live?
    Not really effective seeing you only get half the amount of resilience you used to. Also people hardly slam 100% resilience in their slots.. some do, but i personally don't think that is the way to go.

PvP Power attack power gain nerf by 50%, PvP gem (power/resilience) nerf by 50%, Find Weakness nerf by 20% (now 50% down from 70%)
    No need to ask, reroll another class or play another game. PvP rogue got triple whammy at 5.3.

...serious answer, stack all agility on patch 5.3 unless the bonus + half gem outweighs a pure gem stacking.

PVP power has very little value and is ignorable on PVP in patch 5.3. The purpose is to make PVE gear player able to play BG/arena (out of curiosity) and be equal to PVP geared players. Meaning you can play with full PVE gear at 2500 Arena/RBG rating and still be equal with all...in other words uninstall wow and play another game.

I think rogues will be in trouble in 5.3. Of the nerfs, I think the ST nerf is ludicrous.

But GEMS? Gems affect everyone.

1)- Resilience. With half the gain, you may think this is a poor choice. It may well be. However, I will point out that the current 65% resilience scores are bought with a massive amount of diminishing returns on the rating. We could well see comparable real survival gains from resil gems to live, even with each gem granting half the resil. In general, you will likely still want to gem resil if you are the obvious kill on your team.

2)- PvP Power. This should not be gemmed for unless maybe all your gear is PvE. With diminished returns and a ton on your gear, a fully geared rogue will definitely gain more from agility.

3)- Agility. This will be your go-to stat. Whether you go all reds as some posters are saying, or switch colors up to match things is likely a matter of preference.

4)- Stamina / Hit. I would not recommend this. If you need to match a blue socket, you will probably want PvP Power as your blue half.

5)- Crit/Mastery/Haste. These will be superior to resilience if you want dps out of your yellow sockets and want to match the sockets. Of these, mastery and crit seem to be in favor.

PVP power has very little value and is ignorable on PVP in patch 5.3.
    A full set will be around a 30% damage boost over 496 pve gear. And ALL gear is going to be 496.

The purpose is to make PVE gear player able to play BG/arena (out of curiosity) and be equal to PVP geared players.
    That is neither the stated purpose or what will happen. PvE gear will be shrunk down to 496. This means that a 541 geared rogue will be 496, and will do substantially less damage (and recuperate for less), and have the same health, as a PvP geared rogue. In arenas, battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds, you will bring your tyrannical or you will get your shit pushed in. The difference is that this won't be quite the glaring difference it will be on live.

Meaning you can play with full PVE gear at 2500 Arena/RBG rating
    Why would they take a like 18 item level equivalent penalty? No one will be wearing full PvE gear at the high end. Remember, it's all 496 gear- just some of it has free power.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I think rogues will be in trouble in 5.3. Of the nerfs, I think the ST nerf is ludicrous.

But GEMS? Gems affect everyone.

1)- Resilience. With half the gain, you may think this is a poor choice. It may well be. However, I will point out that the current 65% resilience scores are bought with a massive amount of diminishing returns on the rating. We could well see comparable real survival gains from resil gems to live, even with each gem granting half the resil. In general, you will likely still want to gem resil if you are the obvious kill on your team.

2)- PvP Power. This should not be gemmed for unless maybe all your gear is PvE. With diminished returns and a ton on your gear, a fully geared rogue will definitely gain more from agility.

3)- Agility. This will be your go-to stat. Whether you go all reds as some posters are saying, or switch colors up to match things is likely a matter of preference.

4)- Stamina / Hit. I would not recommend this. If you need to match a blue socket, you will probably want PvP Power as your blue half.

5)- Crit/Mastery/Haste. These will be superior to resilience if you want dps out of your yellow sockets and want to match the sockets. Of these, mastery and crit seem to be in favor.

A full set will be around a 30% damage boost over 496 pve gear. And ALL gear is going to be 496.

That is neither the stated purpose or what will happen. PvE gear will be shrunk down to 496. This means that a 541 geared rogue will be 496, and will do substantially less damage (and recuperate for less), and have the same health, as a PvP geared rogue. In arenas, battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds, you will bring your tyrannical or you will get your shit pushed in. The difference is that this won't be quite the glaring difference it will be on live.

Why would they take a like 18 item level equivalent penalty? No one will be wearing full PvE gear at the high end. Remember, it's all 496 gear- just some of it has free power.
    I think you miss the part that says pvp power is reduce by 50% which is different from what I mentioned, pvp power stats on gem is nerf 50%. Those are 2 completely different nerf. Which they are doing at the Same time on Tuesday.

They did admit they don't want pve players being once shoted or doing no damage on pvp, so its like pointing out pve players can par with full pvp gear. The massive nerf on both pvp gem AND pvp power/resilience is the proof.

You also misunderstood the scaling they had mentioned. They did that because PVE gear has higher iL. In other words, to make it EQUAL in stats, not to make it inferior as you mentioned. If you compare the stats after the scalling, you will come up with the same numbers in simulations.

i think stamina will be the way to go in RBGs and in 3v3

Quote Originally Posted by Juano View Post
    i think stamina will be the way to go in RBGs and in 3v3
    Haha a Reckful gemming strategy from WotLK? I guess you could do that but not much pew pew.

Agility, and Agility/Res gems are the two most Rogues will look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    I think you miss the part that says pvp power is reduce by 50% which is different from what I mentioned, pvp power stats on gem is nerf 50%. Those are 2 completely different nerf. Which they are doing at the Same time on Tuesday.
    Yes. That takes PvP Power down from around 60% bonus damage, to around 30% bonus damage. And obviously you shouldn't be stressing PvP Power as gems.

You also misunderstood the scaling they had mentioned. They did that because PVE gear has higher iL. In other words, to make it EQUAL in stats, not to make it inferior as you mentioned.
    You are incorrect.

I am correct.

Tyrannical will be 496. All pve gear will be 496. PvP gear will have the same item level as PvE. PvP gear will be vastly (30% damage and healing) superior to PvE gear in arenas and RBGs.

If you compare the stats after the scalling, you will come up with the same numbers in simulations.
    NNnnnnnnnnope.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Yes. That takes PvP Power down from around 60% bonus damage, to around 30% bonus damage. And obviously you shouldn't be stressing PvP Power as gems.

You are incorrect.

I am correct.

Tyrannical will be 496. All pve gear will be 496. PvP gear will have the same item level as PvE. PvP gear will be vastly (30% damage and healing) superior to PvE gear in arenas and RBGs.

NNnnnnnnnnope.
    So summarize all the nerf its
    PvP power gain is reduced by 50%
    PvP power/resi on gems are reduce by 50%
    Find weakness is now 50% (down from 70%)
    CND now only works on stealth (NOT shadow dance, NOT subterfuge)
    Rogues are now uninstalling wow
    WoW has lost another million subscribers
    Sussan Express has given up on both diablo and wow
    Blizzards technicians are PRO and well educated on the situation
    NOW WORIES, we now get healing from pvp power. MORE RECUPERATE and Bandage...does it even include bandage? how about Leaching poison?...still, everything will be fine, no worries.

Does that make everything clear? That is the blue post for patch 5.3 on Tuesday

I WILL stress it out more than you can imagine Believe me, I will

infracted: spam
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-20 at 05:56 AM.