Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I guess it will be both Burning Legion and Azshara/Naga themed, probably involving a bit of revamping/putting to use of Outlands. Which doesn't mean that they won't make a new continent, they very clearly stated that not creating a new continent was a big mistake in Cataclysm. Outlands is just too outdated to be left the way it is for another expansion, so they either have to do something with it or change the system so that it can be skipped.

It sounds plausible to me at least, but I'm neither an expert nor an insider .
    No, they never said that it was a mistake not to make a new continent.
    They said that it was a mistake to scatter the zones all over the place. There's quite a difference.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No, they never said that it was a mistake not to make a new continent.
    They said that it was a mistake to scatter the zones all over the place. There's quite a difference.
    Yeah, and that it took away from max level content. It's easier to readjust the leveling path / questing / dungeon / exp in general than devoting months upon months (Maybe even a year or more) to revamping old zones. I don't see the point besides appeasing players who have been playing since those zones have been out / leveled through. Even though they don't really last for a very long time, maybe a few days.

Regardless of what is to come, I'll be happy with anything that goes back to lore that hasn't been finished and/or hinted at. Burning Legion, Azshara, etc.. I'm just not a big fan over completely new lore like Mists of Pandaria with little to no ground basis before it came out. For the most part anyways, it's still a good expansion; just not my cuppa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I would be happy because then it would be an Azshara expansion! (maybe, hopefully)
    I'm on the same boat as you

10+ Year Old Account
    It would go like this for me:

-Hey you know next expansion isn't Burning Legion themed?
    -Ah, alright.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, so yeah as the title says...what if the next expansion is not a Burning Legion one?

I mean to be honest with you if it's then it will be way too obvious because we saw how Wrathion talked about it more than once durning MoP legendary questline. What if Blizzard surprises us with making the burning legion expansion after the next expansion?

Discuss please and thanks for reading.
    Just because there is evidence that points to BC content, there is nothing that says that an xpac has to be completely BC related. It could very well be a build up that continues over the next expansion that leads into another BC patch.

The reason I say this is because Blizzard had said that they wanted to take a break from The doom and gloom expansion boss (and they did do that in MoP) and kind of explore inner conflict of the horde and alliance for a little while.

BC would be straight up Doom and gloom. I just don't see them doing that quite yet. But I could see them building up to it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post

-Ah, alright.
    Err... what this guy said?

I'll play the expansion anyway... same as all of the others. What they want to write for a story is entirely bonus, if I can raid with my guildies I'm happy.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

-Ah, alright.
    No, we must be rampaging animals and scream at the top of our lungs, "WHY CAN'T THE EXPANSION COME OUT FASTER!?!?"... Never mind, we'll have enough of that on the main forums and a bit here too. Hopefully people act like what you said, haha.

-Ah, alright.
    Lool. This^ I could care less about the 'theme' of expansions I just love to see new class changes and spells/talents for everey xpac. And levelling up with your fav classses is always fun.

10+ Year Old Account

-Ah, alright.
    Best post in the thread, right there.

Personally, I think the game has two expansions left. Mists of Pandaria was the “break-from-the-norm” experiment with entirely new lore and (despite being wonderfully done, IMHO) it didn’t really work. Also, given the usual expansion cycle of a couple of years, that’d put World of Warcraft well past its due with the release of Titan.

And yes, I know – there’s nothing to say that Blizzard has to pull the plug on WoW development when Titan is released. I just happen to think that they will.

So if we accept the premise that we’ve got two expansions left (which you absolutely don’t have to accept), I can’t see Blizzard pumping out Burning Legion orientated content for the better part of four years. I just can’t. It seems inherently more likely that the south seas content will be done in order to tie up affairs on Azeroth, and the final chapter would be the invasion of the Burning Legion’s most critical planet.

And just to reiterate; this is my opinion.

There’s no need to remind me, sweethearts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will bring a Burning Legion expansionpack. They've been building up and preparing for it, and they have to keep some of their good old lore if they wish to stay on track. They can bring new content using old lore, and I think this is what people want.

I don't see why it only has to be the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    The idea is very nice, but IMO using 2 major antagonists (Azshara and the Burning Legion) in a single expansion is a bit of a waste, unless we don't get to fight Kil'Jaeden himself but only his lieutenants. Besides that Azshara is technically in league with the Old Gods and not with the Legion anymore. But it wouldn't be the first time that the Old Gods try to lure the Legion to Azeroth in order to break free from their prisons so it would make sense.
    Well, the way I'd think it would work is that the Azshara expansion would have some legion but big guys like Kil'Jaedon would be saved for Argus in the next expansion for the counter attack. Not sure how the old gods feel about the legion but I know that before the Titans, the old gods thrived and afterwards they were locked away, so it's possible that summoning the legion works in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The subs will sink regardless. WoW will be 10 years old when the next expansion drops.

Anyway, my money is on it not being a Burning Legion expansion.
    Not necessary. A good expansion could definitely get the numbers up to 12-12M + again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy because then it would be an Azshara expansion! (maybe, hopefully)
    More than likely Azshara will be apart of the Burning Legion Expansion.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Not necessary. A good expansion could definitely get the numbers up to 12-12M + again.
    nope, not possible anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    More than likely Azshara will be apart of the Burning Legion Expansion.
    No, she wouldn't. She no longer has ties to the Burning Legion and she also serves the Old Gods now (or at least the one that saved her and her people).
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, she wouldn't. She no longer has ties to the Burning Legion and she also serves the Old Gods now (or at least the one that saved her and her people).
    Plus the fact lore establishes her as on-par or more powerful than KJ.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    nope, not possible anymore
    why is it not possible to get back to the 12+ million subs anymore.
    Has the world population suddenly dropped to below 12 million people ?

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Plus the fact lore establishes her as on-par or more powerful than KJ.
    Yep, and wasn't that lore stated before she turned into a Naga? Also think about how powerful she is now with the Water Lord's weapon.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

this, im so tired of people suggesting azshara would want to help sargeras again.

for the people suggesting this you guys do know that the main reason azshara helped him was because she wanted to marry him right? then she found out he never planned to marry her, he was just using her, and all he wanted was the power from the well of eternity.

she now serves a faction that is an enemy of the legion and we know that azshara holds grudges you think she would be willing to summon in the man who used her and played her? played the QUEEN? azshara is more likely to help us kill sargeras then to help the burning legion come here.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552