Thread: Wep choice

Wep choice

So I am currently Unholy (FB) / 2h Frost and I use a 2/2 491 Sha Touched axe with the 500str gem and 160 gem bonus. However, I am potentially interested in going back to DW frost as I have a 2/2 491 Sha touched sword (no legendary gem or added socket) and I have a 502 ToT LFR axe (no added socket). Would it be a DPS gain over 2h or FB?

Is not allowing me to post any links yet, but my character is Austirus on Lightbringer-US for armory.

I am able to regem and reforge.

Deleted
    Unholy and 2h Frost is your best bet, in my opinion: FB is, potentially, our best "single target" spec and traditional Unholy can cover AOE fights way better than DW does. When you want to change spec to try something different you can turn 2h Frost since it gems and reforges the same way than Unholy without any problems.

To be honest I recently swapped my Frost spec in favor of the Blood one so I can insta-join random heroics since Unholy is better than Frost in both AOE and "single target" fights.

Deleted
    Italiandk - just 1 thing on ur armory if u reforge your ring 1 expertise -> something else other than hit and then change a str stam gem -> str hit. would be a gain

edit: and the cape blue socket you are losing 20 str for 120 stamina should just gem a pure str in there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    Italiandk - just 1 thing on ur armory if u reforge your ring 1 expertise -> something else other than hit and then change a str stam gem -> str hit. would be a gain

edit: and the cape blue socket you are losing 20 str for 120 stamina should just gem a pure str in there
    Thanks! I just swapped some item here and there and I didn't notice I could still improve a bit my gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Thanks! I just swapped some item here and there and I didn't notice I could still improve a bit my gear
    dont know how to play unholy or frost so cant really comment on actual reforges but yeah math = pretty good at

DW Frost at this point in the expansion is only better when you have higher ilvl 1h weapons compared to your 2h options. Otherwise 2h Frost and UH are better choices.