Poll: PvP Power or main stat in 5.3?

Deleted

PvP Power or main stat

Will you gem into PvP Power or your main stat as a dps in PvP?

Deleted
    As an UH DK I already have lots of main stat gems and it works out well, with power getting nerfed for us to require more of it (and gems also providing less of it), I'd say main stat all the way.

I would agree - main stats will for the most part be king. I do find this quite hilarious though, because it essentially says that the integration of pvp power and resil changes over the last xx patches were pointless and needed this "fix" to be "balanced".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why anyone would be gemming pvp power in 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    I would agree - main stats will for the most part be king. I do find this quite hilarious though, because it essentially says that the integration of pvp power and resil changes over the last xx patches were pointless and needed this "fix" to be "balanced".
    It's not really that it was pointless....they're just spoon feeding pve'ers to build back up the pvp scene. We shall see how this pans out...hopefully it introduces more noobs to boost my rating!

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzz View Post
    It's not really that it was pointless....they're just spoon feeding pve'ers to build back up the pvp scene. We shall see how this pans out...hopefully it introduces more noobs to boost my rating!

It may or may not. It may just feed more FOTM comps into the system thus deflating ratings (or inflating?) them even more as everyone will be equally geared and now you can just eat the c**** of OP comp goodness, which there will be 5x as many with new and awesome casual pve'ers now doing pvp and gearing up in a week.

I want to like pvp power still. I also want to gem for strength, so that my pvp gear will be more effective when I go and run quests too. It seems that the pvp power that is on your gear as-is SHOULD still be enough to have an advantage over PVE players.

I'm torn, I really want to see some more propeller hat theroycrafting, hard core math before I commit one way or the other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Honestly as a Warrior I still don't know, need to check up a bit more. It's looking like pvp power and crit will be the way to go with the change to def stance and resi...
    As a boomie pvp power and crit all the way afaik.

Would appreciate it if someone could confirm or deny this is the way forward for both an arms warrior and boomie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been doing some math and seems that when fully geared, ratios are: 1 primary ~ 1.05 resilience ~ 3 PvP Power.
    By the looks of it, it seems you have to match all sockets which means for most classes the following:
    Yellow: resilience - primary
    red: primary
    blue: PvP power - primary

And no, I'm not sharing my math.

edit: Resilience becomes stronger the more you have of it, there is a point where it becomes stronger than primary stats but I'm to lazy to look it up now.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-21 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Im wondering what to go on my MW-Monk. Since i dont have any real problems with being nuked im
    thinking i can probably go for combined gems instead of pure resilience ones.

probably spirit/resilience in all yellow and blue sockets and pure intellect in red ones.

Time will tell tho.
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-05-21 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Im wondering what to go on my MW-Monk. Since i dont have any real problems with being nuked im
    thinking i can probably go for combined gems instead of pure resilience ones.

probably spirit/resilience in all yellow and blue sockets and pure intellect in red ones.

Time will tell tho.
    For MW, probably: Int (Red), Int-Resi (Yellow), Int-Spirit (Blue).

You could totally ignore the yellow socket and put int in that too (unless the bonus is good). We'll have to wait and see what people are getting back with healing numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    For MW, probably: Int (Red), Int-Resi (Yellow), Int-Spirit (Blue).

You could totally ignore the yellow socket and put int in that too (unless the bonus is good). We'll have to wait and see what people are getting back with healing numbers.
    Yeah. That actually sounds possible to get away with. It all depends on how much the burst has been "toned down" tho.
    Im guessing they will fuck things up making everyone squishy as hell. I guess we will know soon enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I have absolutely no idea how strong spirit actually is for healers in PvP.
    Depending on how much you need, it's either going to be
    red: intellect
    yellow: resilience - intellect
    blue: spirit/PvP Power - intellect
    when needing very little

or

red: intellect (- spirit) ( Not sure how strong int is for healers either)
    yellow: resilience - spirit
    blue: spirit
    when needing a good amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Been doing some math and seems that when fully geared, ratios are: 1 primary ~ 1.05 resilience ~ 3 PvP Power.
    By the looks of it, it seems you have to match all sockets which means for most classes the following:
    Yellow: resilience - primary
    red: primary
    blue: PvP power - primary

And no, I'm not sharing my math.

edit: Resilience becomes stronger the more you have of it, there is a point where it becomes stronger than primary stats but I'm to lazy to look it up now.
    I'm not sure how you can compare resilience to primary without knowing a comp and what it's priorities are.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Well, I have absolutely no idea how strong spirit actually is for healers in PvP
    As a Resto Druid, I reforge a huge amount of it away. It's only really necessary when hardcasting Regrowth a lot, which means I'm losing either way.

If pvp power is not better than your main stat then wouldn't pve gear ultimately work out better than pvp gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeat420 View Post
    If pvp power is not better than your main stat then wouldn't pve gear ultimately work out better than pvp gear?
    obviously not, pvp gear has power on top of regular stats

10+ Year Old Account
    Because PvP power is not on the ilvl budget. In other words, PvP gear has exactly the same stats as PvE gear + PvP Power as a bonus.

Right, it's an issue of not which piece of gear is better, but which GEMS are better. PVP gear will be better than pve gear because pve gear, after it is scaled down to the same ilvl as pvp gear, will have no extra stats. PvP gear will have the same base stats PLUS pvp power.

I believe, with these changes, that, unless the socket bonus is good, I'll be going main stat.

That makes sense. Thanks all for the clarification