10+ Year Old Account

Can (do) Owlkin talk?

Are there any Owlkin NPCs intelligent and verbal enough to talk to (not druids in Moonkin form but actual, true, hatched-as-such Owlkin)?

Do Owlkin use tools, or other forms of material culture (e.g. fire, adornment, art), or are they a non-tool-using humanoid?

Do true Owlkin use magic? Do they engage in astronomy?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-19 at 04:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not a lot of Info to be found honestly, as most of all that's been written has been deemed non-canon. But a few, like Aroom in Darkshore can talk. Most are feral and savage, but some seem a bit more "civilized". http://wowpedia.org/Owlkin#cite_note-MG141-42-1 just ignore everything related to the RPG.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Like Venziir said, most information relating to them is from the RPG but considering they do wear trinkets and the like it should be an easy assumption that they do have some base intellect, at the very least. Aroom is a good example of how intelligent they can be. Considering that they seem to have a connection to Elune, it is possible that astronomy may have some importance to their culture and I'm definitely sure that they can wield magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always imagined them as having a rather enhanced intelligence (perfectly sapient) but so entirely focused on celestial and astrological communion that they have no particular interest developing elements of material culture beyond the rudiments of fire and shelter and all their oral culture is equally devoted to astrological intent.

but that's just in my head of course.

(as a reference i imagine them somewhat like the Centaurs in the Harry Potter series, only less xenophobic, and less inclined to speak)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-19 at 08:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Do they engage in astronomy?
    I've always believed that owlkin practice a form of astrology, and draw meaning from the position of the stars with birth signs and the like. Arcane crystals and fortune telling etc etc.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    in a universe where stars are indeed magical, there is not distinction between astrology and astronomy.