Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Where is Lady Liadrin?

So I was reading the new post on MMOChamp's front page on 5.3 and I noticed they where talking about Sunwalker Dezco and Taran Zhu. I realize that Sunwalker Dezco is important because he was introduced with the Tauren paladins and led an expeditionary force to the Krasarang Wilds but why are we getting so much from this character lately. Wasn't the original Horde Paladin leader Lady Liadrin? What happened to her after the Sunwell, last I remember she was bathing in the Sunwell after Prophet Velen cleansed it. I mean even Lor'themar has gotten lore this expansion for crying out loud, though admittedly he was ignored in his own expansion during BC. Yet the most influential Blood Elf leader during the BC expansion hasn't been seen since. I'm not saying she should come back and Sunwalker Dezco should be ignored but I would love to see her get at least some minor quests maybe related to the newly cleansed Sunwell. Maybe I'm just being overly nostalgic because I really enjoyed the Blood Elf Paladin class quests back in the day.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

probably still in shatt, helping prepare for the legion

10+ Year Old Account
    technically she disbanded the Blood Knight Order (you can see the little event every couple of minutes in Shattrath) and pledged allegiance of herself and her knights to the Shattered Sun Offensive. There isn't much to go on in terms of her story at the moment, but I wouldn't be surprised if she makes another appearance if the next xpac turns out to be Burning Legion themed (rumored..but hoping).

Maybe if we're lucky enough, she'll join us in taking back Org

Deleted
    She's probably hiding or died. Lol.

She is no longer part of the Horde I thought, she's a member of the Shattered Sun Offensive now (which is a neutral faction), as was mentioned. So don't get your hopes up, she probably wont make a notable appearance until TBL rears it's ugly head up again.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Guarding the Sunwell. During the Quel'delar quests you see her talking to various blood elves / high elves about what it felt like when the sunwell came back and how the light has refilled her ect ect. She is still wearing a blood knight talbard in that scene. (the shattered sun was disbanded and the space goats left. It's all elves guarding it at this point. She did briefly leave the blood knights, or more most of the blood knights joined the shattered sun until the Sunwell was restored, then they were back to blood knights.) Also, she still has the final say in where the bloodknights go, kinda like how the ranger lord orders the rangers and Rommath the magisters. But unlike the other two she is much less hands on, and rarely is consulted unless it is important (like when the blood elves went to Northrend). For the most part the Blood Knights seem to be autonomous without her help, while she is doing whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousboy View Post
    haha I thought the same

Yeah I wonder where she disappeared She got replaced by Scout-Captain Elsia instead.. :/
    We did see LL again in WoTLK during thr QuelDelar questline when she was delivering a sermon to blood elf pilgrims about how she felt when the sunwell was restored/reinvigorated

after the events of the sunwell, idk if she'd be willing to fight like elsia has. so i don't really expect her in horde vs. alliance stuff. however, i think we will see her in the legion expansion, as a high ranking member of this "army of the light".

Deleted
    At some secret location along with Velen and the entire draenei race

Deleted
    Off being a waste of actual character potential. That being her state from 2.4's twist onwards.

We will probably see more of her if the Burning Legion will return.

I got nothing against the tauren sunwalker,but the taurens just started to use the holy light,he is nothing more then a complete novice compared to Liadrin when it comes to mastering "paladin power".I guess they need to introduce new characters somehow.

Don't worry i'm sure Liadrin wont be forgotten.

Thanks for sharing detail about Liadrin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousboy View Post
    Lol that be funny xD

Where is Garona?
    Where is Rexxar?
    Where are Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger?
    Where is Gallywix?
    Where is Sylvanas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I realize that Sunwalker Dezco is important because he was introduced with the Tauren paladins and led an expeditionary force to the Krasarang Wilds but why are we getting so much from this character lately. Wasn't the original Horde Paladin leader Lady Liadrin?
    Because he's a current character. Warcraft has shitloads of characters and WoW doesn't have much screen time for characters to occupy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obscene View Post
    Off being a waste of actual character potential. That being her state from 2.4's twist onwards.
    Shrug. She never seemed like anything more than a generic Blood Elf Paladin NPC to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Liadrin has been in Shattrath since the expedition to Northrend because she's smart.

Who wants to march off to a frozen wasteland to fight (and most likely die) to some deranged man-child when you can relax in a mild climate on another planet?
    Also, she knows what the next expansion is, and wanted to be the first one to Ground Zero so she can call dibs on Warchief in 6.0.3.

Please quote me. My name shall go down in history as the sly forum poster who prophesied what Metzen has been cooking up for 4 years in the making. Muahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orissan View Post
    She is still wearing a blood knight talbard in that scene.
    Actually she is wearing the Shattered Sun Tabard. I suspect this is the most Current Blood Knight Tabard, until lore shows otherwise. The Black or Red Phoenix was Kael'thas' Sunfury Legion and they've turned back to the Horde and Lor'themar now. Hell when / if Silvermoon is redone, we'll likely see Vranesh walking around in white Lawbringer armor and apologizing or bowing to the Rangers at the practice ground.

Deleted
    Actually, the two-headed red hawk was the symbol of the Sunfury. The Blood Knights' sigil is just a recolored signet of Quel'thalas, the red color is likely just a shorthand for the "Blood" part of the name. I doubt it'd be changed, given how it's the sole identifying mark the order has left.

As for Liadrin, Mormolyce, I will actually agree, as she isn't a very important character and never was, but she was more entertaining as a bitter soldier telling you to burn down a chapel to prove your supremacy over others than as a sycophant preaching about the Light. Though that is just my opinion, I imagine some people like the blood elves' er...development post-BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Where is Garona?
    Where is Rexxar?
    Where are Ji Firepaw and Aysa Cloudsinger?
    Where is Gallywix?
    Where is Sylvanas?

Because he's a current character. Warcraft has shitloads of characters and WoW doesn't have much screen time for characters to occupy.

- - - Updated - - -

Shrug. She never seemed like anything more than a generic Blood Elf Paladin NPC to me.
    Good point ! they really should bring back Garona, she was completely shafted during Cataclysm. Just like Sylvanas during Wrath.

As for your second comment, I disagree. She was fairly important lore wise for Blood Elves in BC. Unlike Lor'themar who nobody even knew was the Belf leader at the time; she played an important role in perusing Prince Kael'Thas. As well as being integral in mounting the offenses against the Legion during the Sunwell raid, and she had a brief lore moment when the Sunwell was cleansed. Since then we only got a really small quest with her during the cleansing of Quel'sar (or whatever the sword was called) during Wrath. In my opinion she's a lot more relevant, as a paladin of the horde, then the newest retcon character that basically took her place. Mind you they have done this with many other lore characters. So I'm not saying her particular case is unique, Rexxar is another great example.