I'm kinda disappointed (references in WoW)

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure you guys have seen some references in WoW like Harrison Jones(Harrison Ford + Indiana Jones), and many others but...

Well, I'm disappointed because there are no references(or I didn't find them) to Jet Li and Jackie Chan in Pandaria(which is expansion with Asian theme), the only thing I found was: Shen Kang Cheng. (Cheng Kang Shen is real name of Jackie Chan, but it's only a guy who is selling staffs in Dalaran )

What's your favorite reference in WoW?
    What would you like to see?

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure you guys have seen some references in WoW like Harrison Jones(Harrison Ford + Indiana Jones), and many others but...

Well, I'm disappointed because there are no references(or I didn't find them) to Jet Li and Jackie Chan in Pandaria(which is expansion with Asian theme), the only thing I found was: Shen Kang Cheng. (Cheng Kang Shen is real name of Jackie Chan, but it's only a guy who is selling staffs in Dalaran )

What's your favorite reference in WoW?
    What would you like to see?
    And where's the reference to the Greatest Commander Of All Time and the People's Great Helmsman, eh?

Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

There's Lun Chi <The Streetfighter> at the white tiger temple. That one hillbilly pandaren also seemed to have shades of larry the cable guy or maybe that was my imagination.

IMO though I'm glad they didn't go over the top, or as far as I know go for the obvious jackie chan/bruce lee ones. And I'm very grateful that they didn't give us half a zone dedicated to one like Harrison Joines in Uldum.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an oldie, but I've always been fond of Linken.

i logged in just to create a thread about references lol

Deleted
    Its almost impossible to walk 30 yrds in the whole Azeroth(deserts included) without finding a reference....

The ones I like most are the ones that for whatever reason took a lot to acknowledge:
    Two friggin years back in Wotlk with the Heartstone set in the Argent tower south of Dalaran...i can not even quantify how many times I have been there or used the vendors and after all this time just 1 month ago,leveling a monk,I realize the innkeeper is "Major Vazquez" from Aliens II.

Its one of those "WTF neuron malfunction" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Primi View Post
    Its almost impossible to walk 30 yrds in the whole Azeroth(deserts included) without finding a reference....

The ones I like most are the ones that for whatever reason took a lot to acknowledge:
    Two friggin years back in Wotlk with the Heartstone set in the Argent tower south of Dalaran...i can not even quantify how many times I have been there or used the vendors and after all this time just 1 month ago,leveling a monk,I realize the innkeeper is "Major Vazquez" from Aliens II.

Its one of those "WTF neuron malfunction" moments.
    Heh I missed that one too... WTB Mr. Miyagi (Spelling), I know he wasn't Chinese, but who cares amirite?

There's a Pandaren wandering around Halfhill Market named Kim Won Gi, who sells fruit ...

... A reference to Won-Ki Kim, a.k.a. Fruitdealer, the GSL season 1 StarCraft II champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of the refrences in WoW may come from games you haven't played. Thats why you probably havent seen alot in Pandaria...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    uldaman's raiders of the lost ark moment still my preferred.

Deleted
    They should add some warrior, riding a horse like a Harley and yelling "LET'S PARTY"!

10+ Year Old Account
    theres a guy in the Shrine of Two Moons called Stephen Wong, who is a hong kong actor

wowhead / wikipedia
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my favorites is the Org/Warsong Hold zep "The Mighty Wind" and Sky-Captain LaFontaine. (reference to the movie A Mighty Wind... obviously)

Deleted
    I think that maybe there's too many references and jokes in WoW today.

I like the subtle ones best. One that stands out in pandaria for me was gathering frogs to put in jars to sell. BOTTLE TOADS!

I liked Lun Chi too.

The lack of frequent "in your face" pop culture references actually makes MoP infinitely more enjoyable for me. They were always tongue in cheek in Classic through Wrath, quest names or NPC names that weren't totally obvious. Cata went full bore and slammed you over the head with them.

It's a fantasy game playing through the world of Azeroth with coincidental references when you spot them....not a world of Earth based references.

Old school favorite is Copper McNabb in Stormwind's Popeye reference.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-05-20 at 08:19 PM.

I was upset I never got to kick a worgen in the nards

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I like the subtle ones best. One that stands out in pandaria for me was gathering frogs to put in jars to sell. BOTTLE TOADS!
    This one is definetly one of my favorite, god I played that game to death(battle toads that is).

Arcanist Ginsberg and Alchemist Burroughs in the Purple Parlor in Dalaran.

I like the "Adele that rolls in the deep."-one on Pandaria c: