Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xochi View Post
    I've seen too many good and friendly guilds break up just because they didn't have the patience to recruit after losing players. Seems like such a waste.
    What would you have done instead?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    the beauty of realID....move a toon or two to the progression guild, and raid other nights with RL friends. Unless you can't raid that many nights a week, in which case you will have to choose. If actual, touchable, meet face to face RL friends, you could have a conversation with them. Wow Raids really not worth losing RL friends over.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    See if you can have the more progress guild absorb the smaller guild. I have to say that routinely having to pug even 1 person, let alone 3-4 like you are saying, will essentially "kill" any sort of progression. Having to reteach ppl the fights, ect, see if the pug is any good just takes FAR too long for any serious progression to happen.

So rather then an alt group, see if they just won't absorb the smaller guild into it. Players in the progressed group can go in with the second group on alts and stuff- its better to have someone without as much gear, but knowning the fights, then to have someone with gear, but no knowledge of the fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal View Post
    Ok not really, but i am in a very awkward situation between 2 guilds i raid with. One is a group of mostly RL friends, we have enjoyed a lot of success together since wrath as a 25 man guild and in cata up until today as a 10 man group. The other group is just people i met here and there doing world bosses and challenge modes.

I main tank for both groups and RL for the real life friends group. RL friends group is stuck on council due to losing our top dps and now 2 healers so we dont even know if we will be able to rebuild midway thru the expansion.

The other group we are 11/12 (n)

My issue is, i enjoy the company of my friends and raiding with them but the lack of progression is starting to crawl under my skin. We are not a bad group per se BUT since 5.2 launch we are having to pug at least 3 spots sometimes 4 and is totally killing our progression. They keep saying we should push with what we have and try to recruit along the way. I am not so sure is doable this late into the expansion.

The other guild i raid with wants to start an alt run and want me to bring my DK tank there and join the alt runs and leave my rl friends guild.

My loyalty to my friends tells me to stick around regardless of what happens cause we have fun doing what we do, my love for progression tells me to move on to the other guild alts run.

#confused
    You sound pretty negative. So they lost a few people, so what, they are meant to be your friends - you need to stick with it. The guild leaders are probably trying their hardest to recruit people and keep the thing together. They need your support, why not help them and get more involved? There is nothing worse then negative guildies, with a defeatist mentality, who sap the optimism and hope from the team.

Deleted
    The issue is simple:
    -try to get your friends to the other guild, have them join it too
    or if that's not a possibility
    -stick with your friends.

Why? Well think about it, how did you feel when the best dps and the 2 healers left your merry group? Betrayed maybe? And yet, from what you're saying they weren't even friends with you and the rest as much... so how would you feel if one of your friend left your raid group to raid with another guild even if you already had problems?

Touché amigo Touché

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The issue is simple:
    -try to get your friends to the other guild, have them join it too
    or if that's not a possibility
    -stick with your friends.

Why? Well think about it, how did you feel when the best dps and the 2 healers left your merry group? Betrayed maybe? And yet, from what you're saying they weren't even friends with you and the rest as much... so how would you feel if one of your friend left your raid group to raid with another guild even if you already had problems?

Not raiding with someone does not mean that you are not their friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get your friends in the guild, even if they don't start out with a spot. With your backing they will probably get one fairly quickly, assuming of course they are actually skilled. From then it's a simple case of getting back what you put in. When I started with my current guild I was in the alt group with a few friends from our previous guild. However throughout Firelands our guild actually started progressing faster than the so called main group. I'm sure we've all made those types of friends, either in game or out, that we always want to have around, but that takes a willingness from both parties to work for what they want. And if they don't want to come with you, then it doesn't mean you cant still be friends. There is realID, Vent, all sorts of group stuff to do, and of course..../shudder, actual face to face contact.