Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm liking the patch actually. Very nice additions to WvW and a solo and explorable dungeon sound good! Also, a little off-topic I guess but, when would this Dragon Bash festival take place if it happened?

My bf and I briefly tried the single player mode and neither of us liked it. First of all, it really sucks that it's definitely 1-player only and doesn't function like the personal story did, so no going in with others whatsoever that I can tell. (Seriously, why is having small group instanced content such an issue in MMOs? The only MMO I've seen do it right was Rift with Chronicles.)

Secondly, you're forced to use a special 'weapon' to defeat him. I really hate when I can't play my class, it is a huge pet peeve of mine. Thirdly, if you get downed to one of the mines it is literally impossible to revive yourself, unless you're one of those lucky classes who has a teleport away that doesn't require you to have an enemy targeted.

Neither one of us even finished it, we both basically said "f this" and left to do other things that are actually fun.

I died in there a couple of times before I got it.

You have to get him to run over the disarmed landmines. A good way to do it is disarm one, back yourself against a wall, and then use the 5 skill to push him over the land mine. He dies pretty quick there.

WoW this new dungeon is horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I'm liking the patch actually. Very nice additions to WvW and a solo and explorable dungeon sound good! Also, a little off-topic I guess but, when would this Dragon Bash festival take place if it happened?
    Most likely in June, June 4th will have details, that is if the picture next to the Southsun graphic is advertising the Dragon Bash.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    WoW this new dungeon is horrible...
    I'm finding myself hard pressed to figure out whats worst. That its the most epicLESS capture of a dangerous villanous enemy to the masses of sunshine cove, or that on my second run of the dungeon i managed to kill him, by dropping 3 wells and a rotation of my weapon on my necro. For some reason he's immune to direct damage, but once you make him run through one of the caltrop mines (which puts him with a stack of bleeding), he became vulnerable to all my dots (which doesn't seem how it was intended to go down).
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-05-29 at 12:13 AM.

it's not a dungeon guys, it's a story mission like the Braham mission before the Molten Factory. We get a new meta-event which is permanent and we got quite a few new events on southsun cove + a minigame instead of a dungeon.

Compared to the dull mission with Braham where I had to defeat waves of braindead enemies I liked this one very much. Had to use my brain once.

The only thing I really don't like about Secret of Southsun + The last stand is that you have to read the Anet Blog to get the story imho.

Anyone know if there are any special drops for doing the 5-man like there were for Molten Facility?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Anyone know if there are any special drops for doing the 5-man like there were for Molten Facility?
    There's no special drops but exotics are possible (someone in my group got them).

I personally was a fan of Canachs -fight- but it was pretty anti climatic and i was hoping that there would at least be a second phase or something where i actually fight him instead of playing "Catch the trixy mesmer!" as i ran through his mine field throwing confusion on him (lol it works) and watching him trip the landmines i just blinked over.

That being said, the 5 man one is pretty awesome i REALLY like the mechanics behind it, now if only PUGs would figure out that "Repair Turrets" heal the boss and thus make it take a lot longer than it needs to....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Apparently next week will have more stuff to end the little mini series.

Worst 5man boss.

Ever.

It's a PuG nightmare.
    The bugs don't help either.

Again mesmers got no real bug fixes besides illusion of drowning being fixed and a few tooltips.

Making it 7 months that Izerker is still broken. Failed promises are failed.
    Yep, Necro "fixes" are still a joke as well.

Hey, at least they gave Engineer some love. Maybe that means they'll get to us... someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    i haven't try the new dungeon yet, but i got the new pet from a chest !!! (i sold it :x......)

But since i just start playing im not a reference if i like it or not, still levelling :P !

I haven't done the 5 man yet. (Guild said it was a nightmare to do) As for the solo version. I see what Anet was trying to do and the mechanics seem interesting to me but the fight itself and how it ended was just...bad in my opinion. I've had it where I would convert a mine(it would turn green) and when it exploded it would hurt me instead of Canach as if I never did anything to it. So I don't care much for it but I will do it daily for the keg of karma.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Zarlk View Post
    I haven't done the 5 man yet. (Guild said it was a nightmare to do) As for the solo version. I see what Anet was trying to do and the mechanics seem interesting to me but the fight itself and how it ended was just...bad in my opinion. I've had it where I would convert a mine(it would turn green) and when it exploded it would hurt me instead of Canach as if I never did anything to it. So I don't care much for it but I will do it daily for the keg of karma.
    The story of canach was just thrown into the game. If you did not physically look up canach beforehand when they they released his story (which is not in the game) you have no idea what the fuck is going on.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 03:57 PM ----------

it's not a dungeon guys, it's a story mission like the Braham mission before the Molten Factory.
    It doesn't even tell you the freaken story. You have to go outside the game to figure it out.

Yeah I liked the stories they wrote outside of the game. I wish they could have incorporated that to inside the actual game. It would have made it much more interesting.

The NPC's do tell a little bit of the story of it by idle conversation and some by asking them questions but I think they needed more to make more of an investment by the players.

What a retarded dungeon, pet keeps setting off the traps...
    Boring as hell, no challenge at all. Seriously WTF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    What a retarded dungeon, pet keeps setting off the traps...
    Boring as hell, no challenge at all. Seriously WTF.
    But its free! In all fairness its terrible, the story was non existant and the mechanics were abysmal, absolutely abysmal, no challenge, no fun just really really underwhelming. Doesn't matter though, I quite enjoy my time still that I can pass this one off.

There seems to be some...mis communication internally as the marketing team or whoever writes the patch notes and stuff labeled that as a dungeon. The developers stated on the forums said it shouldn't have been labeled as such. Not sure if that perception changes anything but there you go.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 01:41 PM ----------

T
    It doesn't even tell you the freaken story. You have to go outside the game to figure it out.
    Just to follow up on this, here is a good blog by Ravious. He is spot on in my opinion.

gw2-last-stand-and-delivery

I didn't like this either