Just got UVLS need tips.

So I just got my UVLS trinket and plan on switching to Demo/Aff now rather than Demo/Destro. I will run a long Sim while I go afk for the rest of the day but would like some people to perhaps check my armory and tell me what I should be reforging now. I still don't think my gear is good enough to just stack haste as I might be able to only get 10k+ with gemming Haste and reforging it. So let me know, should I still stick to Mastery? Maybe attempt to go for the 8086 Shadowflame dot tick and then go rest into Mastery? Idk to me that would be the best option but I doubt my gear is good enough to allow it.

Also, for using UVLS, let me get this straight. I just was on a dummy and with 2 DS's it ticked twice. So it does not proc often. With that being said, do I try to always make sure if I go into Meta, I am there for the full duration so that IF it does proc, and I leave meta, I can get back into Meta and not waste it? Seems like a dps loss o.O Also, IF I have all my procs well proced, and DS up. Is a Doom with those better than 100% crit Doom? Seems like it since the damage will be so much higher with all of the boosted Int, mastery etc.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrene/advanced

First, congrats on getting the trinket.

Now for reforging, 8086 is good to aim for. Stacking haste is only really an option when you get the meta and then haste will dip into that and help with your rppm trinkets and your meta proc'ing again. Yay double-dipping.

Now as for the proc, it is roughly once a minute for the normal version. Since it is RPPM it may go a couple minutes without proc'ing and then get like 3 procs back to back to back.

When it procs I try to throw a HoG, pop into meta before it lands so that it benefits from being in meta then usually spam Doom twice if I can get it within the window of the UVLS proc. Then bounce out of meta if it is during a phase of the fight I do not need to be in it and go about my merry way.

As for your question regarding Doom you need to take a couple things into account. First, how long does Doom have left and will all of those procs up outweigh the guarenteed crit of Doom and the additional imp's firebolts that it will spawn from crit'ing. That you would need to sim. I would personally say no because I enjoy seeing legions of imps but I could be greatly incorrect since I am currently not simming nor doing the paper/pencil math.

You should always prioritize having a 100% crit doom up on as many lasting targets as possible, the imps will out-dps the buffed Doom you are otherwise looking at. You have to factor in 50 demonic fury per imp spawned and also the 10 firebolts they cast on top of the fact that the Doom will ALWAYS critically strike (obviously) which should be close to around the damage a non-crit of a close-to fully buffed Doom would hit for.

Also, you have 2 RPPM-trinkets and it will probably sim out as such that you should stack haste and lots of haste, at this point it might or might not be worth switching from int to haste.

I would definitely suggest going with the Unending Affliction glyph to reduce the RNG-portion that the trinket comes with - even with the heroic version I can tell you that it is hard getting enough procs to always sustain a crit doom.., sadly.., RNG

If you want to stop at a haste-breakpoint I'd suggest the 8097 one which is an additional doom tick during BL, will mainly just help if you get a trinket proc during BL but still.

More haste will make you happy, as it'll even out the RNG slightly. Your sims <<should>> end up around;
    Hit > Int > Sp > Haste > Mastery > Crit | This is the "normal" results where UVLS is present, so. Also, it will oftenly place 2x haste > 1x int.

You could probably get this answer elsewhere, but you will want to cater your whole play-style and attention toward monitoring UVLS procs, you must be able to apply Doom at the point it procs which means you don't want to leave Metamorphosis without it being on at the most <3,5 sec remaining cooldown.

Also, do note, that secondary stats are all subject to change - apart from crit.., whereas the strength of haste vs. mastery may greatly vary depending on your current gear and secondary stat levels and as such you should run simcraft at as many iterations as possible to get as close to the truth about your own character as possible.
    Last edited by Clevix; 2013-05-20 at 10:20 PM.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

Deleted
    Doom with 100% crit > all because of the imp army, 8097 (might not be exact, dont play demo, but the one around here) haste breakpoint is the one you should go for and idd stack mastery after that, you ideally want to go into meta with enough fury to last the 10 seconds when you arent going in just to apply Doom so that it is not on Cd for when you leave (cd starts upon entering not leaving).

Deleted
    I actualled gemmed full haste - got 10856 haste and 7806 mastery - and somehow got a DPS increase on simcraft with the modified APL for the UVLS. This is WITHOUT the legendary meta as well.

Not really sure how that happened, but yeah :|

Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    I actualled gemmed full haste - got 10856 haste and 7806 mastery - and somehow got a DPS increase on simcraft with the modified APL for the UVLS. This is WITHOUT the legendary meta as well.

Not really sure how that happened, but yeah :|
    Reduced interval between procs = more procs = higher uptime of crit doom = profit. Also, you are at quite nice mastery levels as it is. It's all about individual gear.
    Thazzle, Warlock in <Sanitas> on Frostwhisper-EU, World #3 10man guild.
    Sanitas Guild Website
    Main Armory

So my Sim told me Int=4.53, Haste=2.32, and Mastery=2.12. So just looking at this, I think it is safe to say still since my gear is only at 507, I think sticking to my Mastery is fine until I can get a few more pieces such as good wrists or a new ring. Because if you check out my armory you can see I just do not have the gear right now to just stack Haste. Unless I am wrong! Someone tell me if I am haha.

Also, if anyone still reads this, I am thinking of dumping my Destro for Aff soon so will I do the same thing and just stack Haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarkin View Post
    So my Sim told me Int=4.53, Haste=2.32, and Mastery=2.12. So just looking at this, I think it is safe to say still since my gear is only at 507, I think sticking to my Mastery is fine until I can get a few more pieces such as good wrists or a new ring. Because if you check out my armory you can see I just do not have the gear right now to just stack Haste. Unless I am wrong! Someone tell me if I am haha.

Also, if anyone still reads this, I am thinking of dumping my Destro for Aff soon so will I do the same thing and just stack Haste?
    Run simcraft with GoSac and see if that changes anything.

I ran tons of 8097'ish with the rest to mastery sims and was a couple thousand lower than either full mastery (sub 8K haste) or full haste. There was a big jump crossing between about 10500 and 10750 haste that I can't find documented anywhere. 525ilvl, 528UVLS, shado pan valor trinket, 2pcT15....

UVLS just needs a weak aura and playstyle shift to pool enough DF to always be able to go into meta when the trinket procs. Beyond that just get something to tell you about procs and you should be good to start. Oh, and if you can get something to track haste procs for the imp glyph that will help too. Or you can just use it on the pull and with darksoul letting the passive work in between.