Deleted

How to manage snapshotting?

Hey I wanna know how to absolutely min/max dps. I know most spell benefits alot from snapshotting abilities. (Stacking proccs). I wanna know what spells benefits from snapshotting?
    For instance, Dire Beast. Does rapid fire and focus fire affect the haste on the pet? Also does trinkets proccs and stuff work on dire beast or is it dynamically? For example should I pop for example stampede whenever my procs is the biggest or during the duration (popping stampede right when renatakis is up at 15k agi with 1s left duration + bad juju)
    *Does BW scale with Dire beast?
    * Same questions for AMoC and stampede.

Also is it a dps loss to use focus fire during BW?

Deleted
    the only things that use snapshots of your current stats are serpent sting, black arrow (maybe the fire trap too) and the bleed effect from lynx rush. Everything else like AMoC and Dire Beast and the pets from Stampede updates dynamically.

Dire Beast doesn't get benefit of BW. AMoC also doesn't get it. At least not the 20% dmg bonus your current pet gets. But the 10% bonus for you still applys i think.

Rapid fire just increases the ranged haste. So Dire Beast doesn't benefit from this buff. Same with focus fire.
    Last edited by mmoc2e566de5ba; 2013-05-20 at 10:21 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Serpent sting also updates when you refresh it with Cobra Shot, so don't count on having high-stat SrS for all the fight.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    So basically there is no need for hunters to take into consideration about snapshotting abilities? Juts pop all cds off cd?

Quote Originally Posted by Syrdin View Post
    So basically there is no need for hunters to take into consideration about snapshotting abilities? Juts pop all cds off cd?
    Most classes work without snapshots, blizz usually eliminates the need for snapshoting - but some specs might be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Most classes work without snapshots, blizz usually eliminates the need for snapshoting - but some specs might be an exception.
    Majority of the dot classes work with snapshots.. what are you talking about ? Locks, spriests, UH dk's, moonkins, ferals etc..

But to the OP, yes, in general terms pop everything on CD.. Although in certain situations it might be beneficial to utilize the snapshot.. For instance, as SV if renataki is procc'd, obv you need to use as many explosive shots as you can near the end of the proc, but outside of that.. If fervor is up and everything else is on cd, just spam cobra shot to get to full focus and make sure your last cobra shot hits when you have full 10 stacks (or you could manually apply srs), then simply spam ES and AS until you're low on focus, then pop fervor and continue to spam.. Thus letting a fully buffed srs roll for almost the entire duration.. This can work on multi target fights too.. horridon for instance.. continue to aoe normally, but when you're at 10 stacks, hit your last multi shot then switch to single target and let the buffed srs roll..

Same principle for BM as well.. SrS is the only snapshot ability you have so you could use that to your advantage.. but the situations where you can are rare.. Usually in the opener you have a window.. once you're at 10 stacks, manually refresh srs then continue on with your 2nd BW..

And yes it is a dps loss to use FF during BW..