Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    it takes about a day to get a full set of honor gear.be honor caped and justice point caped when you hit 90, and you have 4 or 5 pieces of honor gear the minute you hit 90.bgs for a day and bang full set,how can someone say this is hard?
    Yep then you spend day 2 doings 2s, and have half your conquest gear from your new cap. You could even buy PVE gear off the AH to fill some spots. Getting alts competitive in pvp will be the easiest its ever been.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, don't care. Quit 2 months ago, and I haven't had one thought of... 'ooo maybe just an hour...' nope
    rather watch telemundo (dont speak or understand spanish) then play WoW at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Hey, I'll admit this... but you were right about Warrior nerfs from 5.1 to 5.2. I didn't think they would be big enough to hit your representation at high rankings significantly, and they did. So, I'm glad you guys are getting some much needed love to get back to being represented in Arena. It looks like they may have the sweet spot where you guys are balanced for MoP (As balanced as any class can be in this CC/Burst/Instant Cast mess).

Also, I didn't think Rogues were going to be as big a problem as they turned out to be this season. I don't think the mechanics were too much of a problem except for Cloak and Dagger, didn't like that one from the start. But scaling and some early season trinket hijinks created some obvious stupidity in hindsight.

I think one of the reasons I tend to knee-jerk disagree with what you post, is that sometimes you post with such vehemence and vitriol that it is kind of a turn off. I figure you are passionate about PvP though, so lately I've tended to disregard those types of things. You usually do bring some good points to the table.

Anyways, things look hopeful for 5.3, hopefully they stack up that way and we aren't going into another season with some classes that are super OP that we somehow didn't see coming.
    I'm the one who predicted that Warriors would be bottom tier melee in 5.2. I don't even play Warrior as my main and I knew it.

Regardless of most of the dumb things I say that are usually untrue, I believe 5.3 for me will end up similar to 5.2 where all I do is do tedious pve content which mostly comprises of dailies and farming gold. Then I usually do random bg's and maybe arena if I feel like getting gear. Afterwards, I'll prowl these these forums and make up random assumptions about things I know nothing about... because that's what I do. I'm just some washed up wotlk "has been" hero that doesn't really care about serious pvp anymore but still enjoys discussing it.

Woooo XP reduction on my alts, new pets to farm, new stable slots on my Hunter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Nope, don't care. Quit 2 months ago, and I haven't had one thought of... 'ooo maybe just an hour...' nope
    rather watch telemundo (dont speak or understand spanish) then play WoW at this point.

there's irony here somewhere..

anyways - it's catch up conquest day tomorrow? thats exciting! i can FoTM happily!

The only reason im happy for this patch is because of EXP reduction, now i can roll a caster and go 1 shot noobs like there is no tomorrow.

Hate this patch because specs that don't need to be nerfed are being nerfed (example, unholys.. WOW i feel bad for them) and the top op specs will still be top op specs.

There's some neat things for both pve and pvp that I'm looking forward to. So yeah, it will be fun.

I have lost all passion on WoW pvp. Always looking forward to cappin every week and seek out tactics for best gameplay. Now its just meh honestly. Just cant be bothered with it anymore.

5.3 is miles ahead of 5.2 in terms of playing pvp but still not there. I actually doubt pvp will ever be normal again i mean look at it soon we will be in the million health pools unless they decide to scale it down but who knows.

Fun wise, eh it wont be so bad. You wont get blown up AS QUICK but still get blown up none the less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for EU it's not tomorrow sadly, but I am quite excited. I think the base resilience is a nice way to go. Now new characters won't have to be penalized as much for having less gear in Arenas/BG's which will make them more fun to play.

Deleted
    Guessing you will see a lot less destro locks. Since everyone will have 65% base resilience, CB won't be hitting too high. So much for 1 shotting scrubs in crappy gear.

Deleted
    Very excited to the affly "buffs" and pvp changes. Now, will I like it, I shall know that tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Yet, you care enough to post about how you don't care. Because it makes you edgy.

/rolls eyes

Just go away if you don't care and let the big boys talk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I know I am. And since I am usually an endless source of negativity here is a positive thread.

Why?
    1. I can Arena again on my warrior with some small expectation of finding partners and achieving similar success to previous seasons.
    2. I still have to sit in Defensive Stance all the time, but now I might actually live long enough to kill someone.
    3. I won't be dying in a cheapshot to a rogue alone anymore.
    4. I won't have to be spec'd Gorefiend's Grasp on my DK and do that stupid ass shit anymore.
    5. Though I probably won't play the DK much at all now. Being able to actually play my Warrior again.
    6. If I manage to get my level 88 Rogue to 90, which now takes 33% less time, I can then get him at least half of his conquest set this week.
    7. I can gem str again. It seems silly, but I really missed gemming STR. Something about stacking resil in every slot and still dying was not satisfying.
    8. Sweeping Strikes was finally fixed to not get double hit by resilience. Maybe that ends up making arms slightly rbg viable, highly doubt it, but I get to try it out.
    9. No more Life Swapping God Comps.
    10. No more stupid ass Ring of Peace no DR disarm horseshit.

YOU ARE IN THE PVP FORUM
    Amen to most of this my friend! Literary quaking in fear as soon as shield wall is all used up in arena, is hopefully a thing of the past. Being constant kill target is getting real old. As for arms rbg, one can dream...
    And for ring of peace, it was most needed, without a shadow a doubt. Still needs nerfing harder imo but alas.

I'm glad i can play MM again, not to disown BM hunters but i despise the spec in serious pvp, people say no matter how good i am that my pet is doing all the work, so yeah.
    Also likeing that rogues and mages are being brought down a peg, and warriors won't die in a cheapshot again, maybe my warrior friend will play again.
    What i'm afraid of: Mistweavers becoming literally unkillable and maybe even uncc'able with the nimble brew thing, and enhance shamans becoming overpowered

Not really

I'll miss cloak and dagger sooo much it's like it's my bff who will die or something. And add to the nerf to Find Weakness... Well, I'll always have assa, but sub is so fun.

I don't like the resi change. I'm fearful tot hc geared players can just rolfstomp everything. Nor do I like the change to pvp power. Based on extremely limited testing on ptr, agi seems to be better than pvp power, but I dunno.

Only good change: reduced xp. fuck lvling alts, most tideous shit ever.

Oh, and life swap not usable for spriests in arena any more YAY.
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2013-05-21 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Yet, you care enough to post about how you don't care. Because it makes you edgy.

/rolls eyes

Just go away if you don't care and let the big boys talk.
    times 10^^ anywho OT: I like and dislike the pacth at the same time lol, catch up is nice, and lower exp and looms. But im not 100% ye on ther baseline res and going back to gemming main stats, but we'll see. Didn't play any PTR so I'll see how it works when I log on tonight lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Still crap balance, mages still kings apart from ret palas and shamans are on their tail. Doesn't fix anything and since everyone gems primary stats instead of resi, burst is still ridiculous. I guess we can hope that 5.4 or the next expansion fixes it..
    Wait, so it's now worth it to roll a ret pala for pvp ?

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I'm the one who predicted that Warriors would be bottom tier melee in 5.2. I don't even play Warrior as my main and I knew it.
    Sorry break your bubble but that's a pretty easy prediction for anyone who wasn't born in Azeroth yesterday. Warriors always suck at pvp and always will. Only time they are good is at the beginning of expansions and then get nerfed to shit. Wotlk, Cata and Mop. Same story. I stopped playing my warrior at the start of wotlk when dks appeared.
    Last edited by mmocac5c98d50e; 2013-05-21 at 05:56 PM.

I did not read all notes but from what I saw I'm not excited at all. Didn't like the resil/pvp power changes, and they're bringing the item upgrade back, right? This is just bad, always have been.

Its nice though that warriors may survive a lil more now, since I leveled my warr to 90 last week and just finished getting my Honor set. But I think I might have spent my money in all the wrong gems cause I read that we won't be gemming resil or pvp power anymore, and I just realized it yestarday after gemming LOL.

Time to get all my toons lvl 90 conquest geared and hit 2200 on my ret =O

And hopefully i can start raiding again, had people leaving pve guild, we got a new recruit and with item upgrades shit is gonna be easier.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    I don't get the hatred towards scenarios. The heroic ones are really one of the things I am most happy about.
    The heroic ones on the PTR were great when you could queue for them like LFD. The new implementation of being forced to have a group of 3 like with challenge modes and rbgs was a dumb idea and they won't get nearly as much exposure as they would have otherwise.

Each of the aforementioned could have had a system implemented to where your previous success/your gear would help group you up with similar leveled players.

Also, 5.3 PvP is going to suck ass just as bad as 5.2. The only fotm that's being replaced is rogues. And in their place we'll see hybrids galore. And instead of burst comps we'll be seeing hybrid comps outlasting pure + healer comps.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-21 at 06:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15