Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Rhonin still alive?

I just logged on for the first time since wrath and I was still sitting at Dalaran. I ran into Rhonin and realized, this guy is still alive. He is my favorite lore character and is amazing in Knaak's books, so when I heard rumors of his death, I canceled my subscription. But I just realized that there is no way he could have died. I read that the undead taught Rhonin how to draw power form the Maelstrom. And since he is also part of the Brotherhood of Blood, his others guys would always have his back.

Can someone PLEASE explain how anyone even expected him to die? I am really mad that I quit WoW and fell behind all the other players. Also, where is his Raptor army during Attack on Theramore?

10+ Year Old Account
    He's "dead" in WoW, so probably not :>

He is dead, plain in simple. He was completely wiped out across many dimensions. He's not coming back.
    Also, everything in Wrath is in the past.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

wrath is in the past, rhonin died at theramore and cant be rezzed in anyway because his entire body was vaporized in the mana bomb blast.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if serious...

Anyway, no army of raptors can save anyone from a mana bomb that can vaporize an entire city... Though I'm sure Knaack can think of something outlandish to save his golden boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewowstories View Post
    I just logged on for the first time since wrath and I was still sitting at Dalaran. I ran into Rhonin and realized, this guy is still alive. He is my favorite lore character and is amazing in Knaak's books, so when I heard rumors of his death, I canceled my subscription. But I just realized that there is no way he could have died. I read that the undead taught Rhonin how to draw power form the Maelstrom. And since he is also part of the Brotherhood of Blood, his others guys would always have his back.

Can someone PLEASE explain how anyone even expected him to die? I am really mad that I quit WoW and fell behind all the other players. Also, where is his Raptor army during Attack on Theramore?
    He is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wrath is in the past, rhonin died at theramore and cant be rezzed in anyway because his entire body was vaporized in the mana bomb blast.
    I highly doubt that, I mean, Rhonin DID have the power of the maelstrom. And Deathwing got sucked into the maelstrom, so he now has the power of deathwing as well, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Rhonin didn't get vaporized, he got sent back in time. He's fighting cavemen.

I highly doubt that, I mean, Rhonin DID have the power of the maelstrom. And Deathwing got sucked into the maelstrom, so he now has the power of deathwing as well, right?
    no /10chars
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

You don't quite understand. It has nothing to do with the maelstrom, Rhonin was killed in a mana blast. You don't come back from that.

Theramore could be merely a setback, who knows what blizzard can think up.

Garrosh killed him with the mana bomb. Get mad at Garrosh.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply to add something different to the pot here, I theorized something.

So its been said in the novel Rhonin was vaporized, the effects of the mana bomb was meant to be so impacting, it wiped him from existance..

But, just a theory, what if the power of the mana bomb was so powerful, it somehow blasted him out of this existance, and he survived in some form or another in another plain of existence as a result.

There are some sick sadists in the wow community that likes seeing heroes be butchered, but despite Rhonin's tenancies, he didn't deserve to die the way he did.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Simply to add something different to the pot here, I theorized something.

So its been said in the novel Rhonin was vaporized, the effects of the mana bomb was meant to be so impacting, it wiped him from existance..

But, just a theory, what if the power of the mana bomb was so powerful, it somehow blasted him out of this existance, and he survived in some form or another in another plain of existence as a result.

There are some sick sadists in the wow community that likes seeing heroes be butchered, but despite Rhonin's tenancies, he didn't deserve to die the way he did.

It blasted Rhonin's physical form into non-existence but his spirit is now the God of Warcraft's universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomenommer View Post
    It blasted Rhonin's physical form into non-existence but his spirit is now the God of Warcraft's universe.
    Wow I think you're right, maybe he no longer has his physical form but now plays a much greater role. Maybe he will help kill some of the old gods?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't get into the WarCraft lore at all, but I'm going to greatly enjoy it if they find some way to resurrect Rhonin. The reaction from the people that hate him so much would be absolutely amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I really don't get into the WarCraft lore at all, but I'm going to greatly enjoy it if they find some way to resurrect Rhonin. The reaction from the people that hate him so much would be absolutely amazing.
    Agreed. The kind of hatred players have for characters like Rhonin is quite retarded. I mean I'm a self confessed Garrosh hater, but at least mines within reason of hating a character thats meant to be hated, not a hero character thats only spent time saving shit and doing whats right.
    #boycottchina

Wow I think you're right, maybe he no longer has his physical form but now plays a much greater role. Maybe he will help kill some of the old gods?
    No, he has no role anymore. He's gone.

he's dead. and to unsub over him is kinda sad.

The Mana Bomb clashed with the powers of the Maelstrom that Rhonin had, and in the impact created a fissure in the time-space continuum that threw Rhonin years into the future.

......he should be back just about when the last expansion is halfway through.