Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yea like its already been said wotlk at the time was by far the most hated expansion of all time. When it was current content it got more hate than even cata. Naxx was hated, ToC was prolly the most hated on raid/patch of all time, icecrown got more hate than love. Ulduar was mostly positive obv but other than that? Now all of a sudden its the greatest expansion ever lol

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Yeah, the way those so-called world PVP battle areas were handled was fucking absurd. Everything Wintergrasp was touted to be before release got me so super excited, and... it turned into a battleground, essentially, with a cooldown, like you said. Might as freaking well be instanced. Every damned thing else of any worth in this game is instanced.
    Do you feel like weeping a bit? Read around on your WOTLK box and look at the screenshot with flying machines in Wintergrasp and how it's written that the game will have even flying combat in there.

Yeah, we had that in beta, but it got taken out for their precious "balance". Because as we all know, Warcraft's battles have always been about balance. FFS.

Most of the worst changes I remember came in WotLK:
    - Different versions of the same instance (10/25, normal/heroic)
    - Shifting into the mindset that only the latest content matters, rather than a journey through the whole expansion, with different guilds progressing at their own pace in different tiers
    - 5-mans becoming mindless grinds
    - Widespread availability of epic gear (already started in TBC a bit)
    - LFG tool. Leading to total destruction of realm reputation, need for social interaction and replacing it with a lobby game.

Cata was worse, because it continued mostly in the same direction of development and on top of it had terrible end game content. MoP brought a lot of great content, but there is no way to repair the social aspects of the game that began to be destroyed in WotLK.
    Last edited by Zubacz; 2013-05-21 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Yea like its already been said wotlk at the time was by far the most hated expansion of all time. When it was current content it got more hate than even cata. Naxx was hated, ToC was prolly the most hated on raid/patch of all time, icecrown got more hate than love. Ulduar was mostly positive obv but other than that? Now all of a sudden its the greatest expansion ever lol
    Naxx wasn't hated, it was an amazing raid few people got to experience at the end of pre-BC.

TOC hated? It had some of the most amazing looking tier sets even to this day, they actually looked like Warcraft armor instead of the crap we're getting today. The fights were very good, the only problem was that it was a static location mostly, otherwise the fights themselves were great and challenging.

No one hated WOTLK except maybe the current panda lovers.

TOC was 10x better than Terrace of Endless Fail. God I've never faced more stupid moronic boring bosses than in that place. That fucking child boss who keeps talking like a retarded infant GOD.

And that SHA crap who just throws bolts of energy and summons adds and teleports you to a place with MORE adds. OMG, sha of FEAR, I am SO AFRAID. SUCH AN AMAZING BOSS.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2013-05-21 at 06:26 PM.

I agree but remember in WotLK how all you heard was "WRATH SUX! BC was way better" and then during BC people said "BC SUX! Vanila was way better"

Ya, Wrath was better than Cata but I like TBC more personally. Naxx 2.0/ToGC/Maly/Onyxia 2.0 were not much fun or that interesting. Ulduar was great and ICC had some fun fights.

And I'm probably in the minority on this but Wrath introduced Achievements to the game... fuck achievements!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Deleted
    Everyone's forgetting one of the true standout features of WOTLK, which was mammoth trains around Dalaran. Best xpac!

Wrong, TBC was the sweet spot. The pace in which subs were gained in TBC is only to be matched with Vanilla. Wotlk brought only 1 extra mil to a pool of 11 mil at end of TBC. Facts hurt dont they.

I was saying for ever that Wrath was the best xpac! Glad so many finally agree with me! I was pretty sick and tired of seeing snow though after the full life cycle of the game lol. It's where I did level up all my Alliance toons to 80 and have 10 lvl 80s because of all the down time between raids. I just love how easy it was to hit max level and gear up, and get into raids. That's what made it so awesome! When ICC was current, you could just hit level cap, do a few lame heroics, then jump into the 3 new ones, gear up quick and jump into an ICC pug, because everyone was pugging it with alts and such due to how easy it was. Just normal modes pretty simple imo, and make hard modes HARD! Horridon for example is a very steep climb in difficulty from Breaker which is very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Wrong, TBC was the sweet spot. The pace in which subs were gained in TBC is only to be matched with Vanilla. Wotlk brought only 1 extra mil to a pool of 11 mil at end of TBC. Facts hurt dont they.
    New players didn't want to get into WoW by WOTLK because it was and still is a massive time sink, and now with marshes of crapdaria even old players are leaving in droves since they're finally realizing what a waste of life it is for 15$/month at that.

Subs don't mean shit, the content was GREAT. This is like calling Fight Club or Boondock Saints a bad movie cause it originally did poorly in cinemas.

BC was horrible, the resilience system back then destroyed PVP. You had a massive amount of specs which were useless in PVP since they relied on crit rating and resilience practically nulified crit rating, and yet Blizz did nothing to compensate for that. Resilience in BC turned WoW PVP into a fucking boring esport. And Illidan died shamefully, just like Arthas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Naxx wasn't hated, it was an amazing raid few people got to experience at the end of pre-BC.

TOC hated? It had some of the most amazing looking tier sets even to this day, they actually looked like Warcraft armor instead of the crap we're getting today. The fights were very good, the only problem was that it was a static location mostly, otherwise the fights themselves were great and challenging.

TOC was 10x better than Terrace of Endless Fail. God I've never faced more stupid moronic boring bosses than in that place. That fucking child boss who keeps talking like a retarded infant GOD.

And that SHA crap who just throws bolts of energy and summons adds and teleports you to a place with MORE adds. OMG, sha of FEAR, I am SO AFRAID. SUCH AN AMAZING BOSS.
    are you serious? t7 was the easiest and more facerollable tier in the history of wow. there was no challenge whatsoever in the whole tier apart from a couple achievements and sarth 3d.
    the bold statement is ridiculous, during wotlk there was so much qq in the forums, probably more than now.
    and toc is simply the worst raid ever from a lore pov, from an environment pov and 4 lockouts per week in a circular room? terrible, simply terrible.

Correction naxx 40 was an amazing raid the wotlk version was quite pathetic. But regardless I enjoyed wotlk overall just wouldnt say it was the best. And it did get the most hate at the time that much is fact even tho its now getting the rose tinted treatment

New players didn't want to get into WoW by WOTLK because it was and still is a massive time sink, and now with marshes of crapdaria even old players are leaving in droves since they're finally realizing what a waste of life it is for 15$/month at that.

Subs don't mean shit, the content was GREAT. This is like calling Fight Club or Boondock Saints a bad movie cause it originally did poorly in cinemas.

BC was horrible, the resilience system back then destroyed PVP. You had a massive amount of specs which were useless in PVP since they relied on crit rating and resilience practically nulified crit rating, and yet Blizz did nothing to compensate for that. Resilience in BC turned WoW PVP into a fucking boring esport. And Illidan died shamefully, just like Arthas.
    Rofl Wotlk content better than TBC, even bigger rofl Wotlk arena better than TBC's. Gimme the shit you smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    This reminds me of those days, in Wrath, where people were claiming it to be the worst expansion yet.

*smh* People are so funny!
    Truly bad expansions (ie, Cata) have a way of re-aligning people's perspective a bit.

Correction naxx 40 was an amazing raid the wotlk version was quite pathetic. But regardless I enjoyed wotlk overall just wouldnt say it was the best. And it did get the most hate at the time that much is fact even tho its now getting the rose tinted treatment
    You're delusional, the only people complaining about WoW during WOTLK were elitists who thought that raiding should be for those who "work for it only".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Rofl Wotlk content better than TBC, even bigger rofl Wotlk arena better than TBC's. Gimme the shit you smoking.
    /signed, it must be really good. from a raid pov ulduar was the only good raid in wrath. icc, while decent, lasted faaaar too long.

Do you feel like weeping a bit? Read around on your WOTLK box and look at the screenshot with flying machines in Wintergrasp and how it's written that the game will have even flying combat in there.

Yeah, we had that in beta, but it got taken out for their precious "balance". Because as we all know, Warcraft's battles have always been about balance. FFS.
    It's also very well documented that the game handles air combat horrendously. I was in that beta. It was garbage. We didn't miss out on anything. We were actually saved if anything.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 02:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Truly bad expansions (ie, Cata) have a way of re-aligning people's perspective a bit.
    Didn't change anything for me. I still think Wrath is easily one of the worst. Not even close to Vanilla/MoP/TBC. Wrath sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    And I'm just here, sitting, laughing my ass off remembering the old days. Yeah, you probably remember them too, when Wrath Of The Lich King was current content and was called the worst expansion set ever.

You people just want to complain.
    The wotlk heroics were horrid, the normals were worse, questing was really bad until heirlooms. The lore was amazing, Ulduar was fantastic, Naxx and ToC to put plain just weren't fun. ICC was awesome, until you were BiS Heroic, then it was just something to make gold. Obviously if you didn't clear it early, you didn't have fun. PvP was awesome, wintergrasp man the memories, one of the most fun I've had in wotlk was in wintergrasp and battlegrounds. Ever since then, it hasn't even come close to the fun I once had. I may be alone, but to say wotlk was crap during current, was only said by people that did nothing all day. Everyone else enjoyed it, and still go to Dalaran because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It's also very well documented that the game handles air combat horrendously. I was in that beta. It was garbage. We didn't miss out on anything. We were actually saved if anything.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 02:37 PM ----------

Didn't change anything for me. I still think Wrath is easily one of the worst. Not even close to Vanilla/MoP/TBC. Wrath sucked.
    So for a company which makes tens of millions of month, instead of improving a system and adding more variety then should crap it and focus on useless shit like pet battles?

dude you should work at blizzard you'd fit right in.

You're delusional, the only people complaining about WoW during WOTLK were elitists who thought that raiding should be for those who "work for it only".
    So nobody complained about naxx being a joke raid, faceroll heroics, wintergrasp, dk's being insanely OP, pvp balance, toc being the worst raid ever and introducing 4 diff lockouts, naxx being out too long and having limited attempts, the implementation of 30% buff, gearscore. No one complained about these things? Yea Im the delusional one