Thread: value of haste

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

value of haste

So, with the changes to LvB, are there any mandatory steps that need to be done when the patch goes live? (Like reforging more to haste) Or doesn't there really change anything?

Deleted
    Read and keep an eye on http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6993

Best I could find up to now concerning the changes.

You can go full out haste if you want it seems you can also stick to Mastery if thats what you are doing or stick to the balanced Haste=Mastery build. All in all the difference between the 3 seems to be >1.5%.

I am not a pro though so just wait and see if binkenstein updates his findings.

Haste will continue to be a quality of life stat rather than a mandatory dps stat. Simply meaning get haste until you feel good about your lightning bolt cast then worry about mastery a bit more. The main point of this band aid fix is to give us some sustained dps while giving us a sleight nudge in single target burst. The cast time to LvB is to compensate for what the 4pc T15 could potentially do given a higher more damaging Ascendance uptime.

Tl;Dr

The overall elemental play style and statting will remain the same.

The way i see it being able to stack more haste keeps PE as a viable option longer and keeps it a better option depending on the fight. I prefer PE over EB personally so i like having more haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Haste will continue to be a quality of life stat rather than a mandatory dps stat. Simply meaning get haste until you feel good about your lightning bolt cast then worry about mastery a bit more. The main point of this band aid fix is to give us some sustained dps while giving us a sleight nudge in single target burst. The cast time to LvB is to compensate for what the 4pc T15 could potentially do given a higher more damaging Ascendance uptime.

Tl;Dr

The overall elemental play style and statting will remain the same.
    While yes there is a slight reduction in the damage that can be produced using Ascendance, the change was more to fix haste scaling issues than anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    The way i see it being able to stack more haste keeps PE as a viable option longer and keeps it a better option depending on the fight. I prefer PE over EB personally so i like having more haste.
    Ye, I do enjoy the rotation with EB but I also like stacking haste and going PE+Echo for many fights. Since I rerolled from Hunter this tier I like the freedom of movement while casting lightning bolt a lot.

At what time do you switch from pure int gems to say int/haste, or for that matter just haste?

so bink, you have stated in your totemspot thread that now we should go from mastery to haste, that is a roughly 2400 dps inc.

but question, if my base haste is alrdy causing my LvB to go under 1 second cast time with lust / meta proc, should i still be going for haste? or stick with mastery, or perhaps just go int. because still, for me additional haste will only benefit my flame shock during lust with meta procs. yes additional haste will always benefit my LvB and LB without the meta procced, but is it still worth it to go above 20% base haste?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    At what time do you switch from pure int gems to say int/haste, or for that matter just haste?
    At the point that Haste x2 has more value then Intellect, i think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    so bink, you have stated in your totemspot thread that now we should go from mastery to haste, that is a roughly 2400 dps inc.

but question, if my base haste is alrdy causing my LvB to go under 1 second cast time with lust / meta proc, should i still be going for haste? or stick with mastery, or perhaps just go int. because still, for me additional haste will only benefit my flame shock during lust with meta procs. yes additional haste will always benefit my LvB and LB without the meta procced, but is it still worth it to go above 20% base haste?
    this is already factored into the stat weight calculation. additional haste will only push you below the treshold for a pretty short time, about 20 seconds per fight (40 second BL, 50% uptime on LMG) on average. for the remaining X-20 seconds, haste will still benefit you.

No, I didn't state that you should go from mastery to haste. I merely stated the difference, put it in context, and allowed readers to make up their own minds.

Deleted
    Ok, I went to a bit risk and tried to stack insanely high haste. It seems not bad at all. Free to check my log from today and also my armory.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1f1etstaaqdij5sp/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...abrie/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrage View Post
    Ok, I went to a bit risk and tried to stack insanely high haste. It seems not bad at all. Free to check my log from today and also my armory.
    These logs were with the glyph of fire elemental totem or without?

Deleted
    went full haste today, yday i raided with old int gems, pure single target fights seems to be worth it (i'd say in the range of 5k dps, pure assumptions here), not sure about cleave situations fight tho (we only had ra-den left to kill today since we estended the lockout for lei shen this week)

Echo + Eb btw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzkingaioria View Post
    Without.

Again yesterday, i got ranked very high (top 10) on each boss. I would say haste is definately way to go, but not sure if its true for all Eles (you probably need RPPM trinkets, meta and strong gear)

sooo..

in my gear, going all haste, im sittin at 38.6% haste and 51% mastery.

is that just too much haste or is that fine lol? ive usually never gone straight up haste before, so ive never breached such a high haste point, but with people saying just to go all haste for single target DPS inc im not sure how much is too much if any.

yes i have meta and 2 RPPM trinkets

Deleted
    sooo..

in my gear, going all haste, im sittin at 38.6% haste and 51% mastery.

is that just too much haste or is that fine lol? ive usually never gone straight up haste before, so ive never breached such a high haste point, but with people saying just to go all haste for single target DPS inc im not sure how much is too much if any.

yes i have meta and 2 RPPM trinkets
    I have same mastery as you and a bit less haste (35,08%). Simcraft still shows haste is my best stat (a kinda bit ahead of intellect). So yes, as I said, going full haste is way to go definately for single target fights.

Sabrage

I keep seeing your logs do good dps in Megaera that combination of talents, gems and reforge used?

I see you did not choose the PE, dot both heads or what? because I'm in that fight and is costing me reach 160k: S PE and dot with a single head, changing to adds.

My character is Rzkingaioria US

haste cap is your best friend.