Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Festerblight definitely deserved a nerf. We had no evidence that normal unholy did-- completely to the contrary, actually.

And you can still go Festerblight and that will still perform much better than normal unholy, so I don't see the point of the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Pretty much on the same boat as you, they should've just nerfed unholy might and just buff SS, i honestly hate festerblight and pref standard unholy... being forced to play a spec i don't want to play isn't fun.
    Nobody ever forces you into playing a spec, you always choose to. I never was forced into Fester, I just kinda slowly worked into it. You always have a choice my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Nobody ever forces you into playing a spec, you always choose to. I never was forced into Fester, I just kinda slowly worked into it. You always have a choice my friend.
    What, a choice to pull less dps? or more dps, i obviously want to pull off better dps.

What, a choice to pull less dps? or more dps, i obviously want to pull off better dps.

You dont have a choice, the choice is between do proper dps or do gimped subpar dps. That isnt a choice for most people.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    I'm notably annoyed about this change, Unholy deserved the nerf, but there are major outliers sitting above Unholy if you factor in "useful" DPS instead of meter cheesing. Why in god's name our best spec has to be nerfed, no matter how minor, while two major outliers in particular (Fire Mages, and all three Warlock specs) remain relatively untouched is beyond me.
    The issue was NOT with unholy might, It was that tricks and prepot etc etc allowed a great DOT to start ticking. Tricks is what was broken since that forced bring the class not the player.

Unholy Might is the universal slider for Unholy. To avoid changing stats or rotations, that's how they adjust our damage. Obviously it isn't a problem, it's a blanket damage adjustment talent :P

Why they did it? GC's post said they did it for a different reason, on a twitter reply. I'm assuming that means aside from FB issues.

Unholy will still be above Frost just due to the way most of the fights work in this tier. It won't be garbage now, that's for sure.

So if Frost is shown to do better dps I should then just switch to Frost because I want to do better numbers? Not taking into account im reforged for my own playstyle of Unholy, have very very little experience with Frost, and enjoy Unholy greatly. I mean by your logic I should still switch to the higher dps spec. You do always have a choice. I would and never will just switch to the highest spec dps. Even if all dk specs were the lowest of all class/spec combo's I still wouldn't.

I play Unholy (normal and Fester) very well, I know it like the back of my hand, I don't think about the rotation, I am able to just do it knowing when to prioritize different things based on x set of variables and such. So even if Frost was VASTLY better then Unholy I would stay Unholy, because I would still do better.

The way I always see it you will never do your best being forced into a play style you don't even like. This game isn't about the biggest deeps (although some people love the fact they can do x number of leet deeps), or about the biggest heals or anything. It is a game and games are for having fun. I would sooner quit the game then accept your logic of play the spec with the "highest dps".

For a nerf thread I'm actually quite surprised by how well most people are taking it.......keep calm and carry on seems to be the order of the day. Vmagik and Skarssen seem to have said most of what was actually worth saying.

I've been 2H Frost all of MoP, didn't get any Sha Touched DW options or a viable off hand so wasn't well placed to muck about with it. No Feather this tier either so not all that much point in going FB/UH either.

If all the specs were equal in terms of single target then DW and UH will always be better placed than 2H Frost because they have mechanics they can exploit if the fight allows. Such is the case with the ToT and FB, encounters just play to it's strengths this tier like how T14 was great for DW.

What does confuse me though is that the nerf seems pointless or quite possibly counter intuitive to what they were aiming to do. If you reduce standard Unholy's DPS then your going to feel the need to compensate, if you weren't using FB before then I think this could tip you over onto wanting to.

Then again is FB actually a different spec? Is it not just playing Unholy the right way? A natural evolution of a spec that's meant to be focused on diseases, which now thanks to itemisation can actually have diseases that tick for real damage IF the mechanics of an encounter allow?

Maybe it's a very long sighted nerf and in 5.4 we wont see trinkets like Feather? I must confess the 5.2 trinkets may have been Blizzard blowing their proverbial load too early on the OP as fuck trinkets that traditionally come with the last tier.