Thread: legendary meta

10+ Year Old Account

legendary meta

hey guyz just wondering if anyone has done testing on the legendary meta i just got it and was wondering how much of a increase if an increase over the normal one cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    hey guyz just wondering if anyone has done testing on the legendary meta i just got it and was wondering how much of a increase if an increase over the normal one cheers
    Over the normal one I couldn't say how much it is; certainly better; most hunters are getting ~6% or a little higher of their damage from it.

Femaledwarf is showing a 7021 DPS(4.47%) gain going from normal meta to legendary meta for me

Yea it's about a 4-6% DPS increase. It's quite nice.

Deleted
    The meta gems are so good infact that Blizzard will have to nerf them before 6.0.

Just a quick question, do the legendary gems use the RPPM of the gem itself? or is it affected by the ilvl of the Helmet you are using? Just curious for upgrading reasons.

Not sure how much better than the other meta it is, but it is definitely way better as I found it doing about 6% of my dmg on avg.

If i recall right 2piece, 4piece and the Meta all are RRPM

Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    Just a quick question, do the legendary gems use the RPPM of the gem itself? or is it affected by the ilvl of the Helmet you are using? Just curious for upgrading reasons.
    It's a fixed RPPM of 21. Then furthermore it's affected by a class/specc specific multiplier;

0.950 Beast Mastery
    1.107 Marksmanship
    0.950 Survival

This is all unhasted. The more haste you have, the more RPPM's you'll have.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm thank u all for the imput, would like to ask another question regarding the haste would it be optimal to switch all reforge to haste instead of crit, im talking about both BM and SV depending on which boss it is, also using blink strike now it is changed would going all haste boost it even more?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dragzy/simple

quick link to my armory note that in the aoe boss fights, horridon, tortos etc i change out my thunderforged gloves and my helm for the LFR version of teir for both,

just a bit confused in what i should be going coz i want to max out as much as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    It's a fixed RPPM of 21. Then furthermore it's affected by a class/specc specific multiplier;

0.950 Beast Mastery
    1.107 Marksmanship
    0.950 Survival

This is all unhasted. The more haste you have, the more RPPM's you'll have.
    Thanks a bunch.

But on topic, Yes, by far Legendary gem is much better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    The meta gems are so good infact that Blizzard will have to nerf them before 6.0.
    I don't think they'll nerf them, they'll just let us use it in our new helms, like they did with the legendary sockets on our weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't think they'll nerf them, they'll just let us use it in our new helms, like they did with the legendary sockets on our weapons.
    I think he meant that we won't use them in the next expansion, since they scale ridiculously well.

I think the lengedary Meta/socket will have a restriction that they can only be put in items under xxx iLvl, xxx = above the highest helm you can get from SoO raid(Heroic "TF"(?) 2/2)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I think he meant that we won't use them in the next expansion, since they scale ridiculously well.

I think the lengedary Meta/socket will have a restriction that they can only be put in items under xxx iLvl, xxx = above the highest helm you can get from SoO raid(Heroic "TF"(?) 2/2)
    Yes that is what I meant. You'd need some crazy amount of stats on the meta gem for it to outweigh ~6% of your DPS. Even if 6.0 meta gems would have 1000 agi on it the legendary meta will still be BiS.

They are most likely going to restrict it based on ilvl. But I'm wondering if using the best Heroic Mail agi helm you could get from MoP in 6.0 with meta gem would be better than using a 6.0 helm with normal meta...? ~6% DPS increase isn't exactly bad...

10+ Year Old Account
    ok so iv just test the meta gem in lfr

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1301&e=1693

that is for dark animus alone on average its about 10% of the dps which is huge i had it crit for 217k on that boss i thought was nuts

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dragzy/simple

it would be ez to make the meta useless for next expansion

they can treat it like the tiny jar of abom in ICC, that trinket was crazy for certain classes
    so for the meta they can just decrease the proc rate everytime you level up, until you get to max level it wont proc anymore, so basically ur only left with the crit from meta