Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What's your servers major city chat like?

Is it funny? Is it spammed with lf arena/rbg? Or is it dead? Let's hear it! I remember back in my day people would be relaxed and joke around in trade chat (Skullcrusher), now sadly it's dead. Are there any servers like these today? Tich is just spammed with arena or rbg anywhere you go. I haven't had too much experience aside from those if we don't include some of the dead servers my other characters are on.

So, what's your server chat like?

IQ draining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    IQ draining.
    can't agree more, either that or trolling like hell.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Deleted
    On Outland (EU) Alliance its mainly people spamming selling Arena and RBG Boosts, raids and guild recruitment but on my main server Ghostlands (EU) Alliance it is pretty much just like Ghostlands :P

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    On Outland (EU) Alliance its mainly people spamming selling Arena and RBG Boosts, raids and guild recruitment but on my main server Ghostlands (EU) Alliance it is pretty much just like Ghostlands :P
    ye ally trade channel is just RBG spam.
    for this reason i left the channel. i cant even follow it and useless stuff for me.

on my old server burning steppes. it is much pretty much dead. you can watch it all day and do not see any msg appear.
    back in tbc this was much different, much more alive. only a few active players left on BS
    blizz got rich from my guildies. 3 players moved 5 chars over and faction transfered it.
    thats 15 server transfers and faction swops!

10+ Year Old Account
    (Us) Bleeding Hollow, full of random chat, selling pvp, raids, and guild recruitment basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    US-Azshara. Here's how our major city chat is: "...........................*crickets*...................................." absolutely dead. There is the very occasional wtb and wts and every once in a while something about Nalak/Sha/Galleon and LF arena partner, LF RBG. Thats about it. No trolling, no random convos, and no PUGs.

Back in BC and most of Wrath it was very active. Lots of trading/buying/selling, too much trolling, PUG's, lots of random convos. Toward the end of Wrath and throughout Cata, it progressively fizzled out and flatlined and has pretty much stayed dead since.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU-Silvermoon , have it turned off most of the time ,not worth reading spam / boosts ads / bad trolling attempts / guilds rec

10+ Year Old Account
    us. bleeding hollow. a bunch of anal spam. it occurs during the night mostly. random chat. guild recruitment/arena/raids/wtb/wts/gold sellers. the usual. AND THUNDERFURY SPAM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    packed

this morning there was a guy calling people losers and priding himself on his achievements in a videogame

Mal'Ganis is a popular PvE and PvP server, so we get a bit of both

so there's that and selling stuff

thats about it

On Illidan its all Chinese gold spammers or crappy guild recruitment

10+ Year Old Account
    Runetotem EU Alliance is quiet these days.

The only thing you'll see is Recruit messages. And they usually fade out before the next message arrives.

Used to be different, before the Italian servers opened up. There would be a lot of Italian talk going on, and someone would always be annoyed by it and it would start a Italy vs The World trade war.

But now the balance is completely screwed, and it's quiet.
    Warlock (SL main)

anal, need I say more?

Deleted
    EU - Trollbane: Dead.... until around 2am when I start trolling and likeminded people join in until a nice chat forms for 40 minutes or so.

EU-Sylvanas Horde.
    used to be active.. been dead lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    Ofc Outland EU has that, it's the biggest EU server, it has everything.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowsong EU - Horde.
    Doesn't exist really, maybe Nalak once a week (not actually seen it this week, leaving ASAP)
    Shadowsong EU - Alliance
    Okay at times I guess
    Tarren Mill EU - Horde
    Busy
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    EU-Xavius (both horde and alliance)
    Empty. Maybe a guild ad every half an hour if you're lucky.
    And, and a few Sha/Galleon/Nalak spams, once or twice a week.

EU-Dragonmaw, Alliance side: The occasional WTB/WTS message, otherwise entirely dead.

Take this with a pinch of salt, since I usually have the public channels switched off (only join when looking for world boss groups), but Shadowsong EU (A) seems fairly varied.