Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    My god. The people in here bitching about needing to buy the game again if used on another account....how fucking stupid are you people? That actually makes sense. Microsoft is trying to stop people from using 1 disc for multiple people. They want you to, you know, actually BUY the game if you're going to be playing it. So if it's registered to one person's account already, then someone else playing it on a different account needs to buy it as well. What's the big deal? Self-entitlement abounds in this thread and it's retarded. They're a company...trying to make a profit. And you are all bitching because you feel like you should get to play shit for free if you borrow it from a friend, therefore reducing sales. God....go get jobs like grown-ups, pay for the shit you want, and then enjoy it. Stop thinking you should get the same benefits as someone who paid full price for a game.
    Also, you are missing the part that it links to your account and your hardware. So you can't just load your account at a friends house and play on their xbox, the game you paid for, instead you have to be on your account on your hardware. They haven't talked much about that that, but that is the speculation. Which means even farther away from it actually being something you own and something your rent on one system on one account. Also means for one household you have to buy the game, load it to your account and hardware, then if your family wants to play they have to pay to load it to their account as well. Its a way to squeeze more money out of 2 children families and keep you from being able to play your game anywhere but on your system. Its not about them getting screwed on your purchase its about them restraining the purchase that you are making.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god. The people in here bitching about needing to buy the game again if used on another account....how fucking stupid are you people? That actually makes sense. Microsoft is trying to stop people from using 1 disc for multiple people. They want you to, you know, actually BUY the game if you're going to be playing it. So if it's registered to one person's account already, then someone else playing it on a different account needs to buy it as well. What's the big deal? Self-entitlement abounds in this thread and it's retarded. They're a company...trying to make a profit. And you are all bitching because you feel like you should get to play shit for free if you borrow it from a friend, therefore reducing sales. God....go get jobs like grown-ups, pay for the shit you want, and then enjoy it. Stop thinking you should get the same benefits as someone who paid full price for a game.
    1.- Please use enter to get some space on your rants, it's annoying to read a text without good spacing.
    2.- Xbox tvtvtvtvtvtvtv, nothing else to say to a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE.
    3.- Alt tab on pc = all the gimmicks of the new Xbox 1/10
    4.- If you have friends and you get bored of your game or want to test the "NEW COOL GAME" just ask for a friend for and ta-dah! but no, you have to pay a fee on xbox live WHICH COSTS A FEE TOO just to play the game, fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Also, you are missing the part that it links to your account and your hardware.
    wait...wait wait wait, what!? does it also links to your hardware? so if the xbox 1 hardware fails to work(just like xbox 360 did) we get boned?

When I bought my Honda Accord from Carmax, it did not occur to me that I should be paying that money to the Honda corporation instead of Carmax.

When I bought some used DVD movies off Craigslist, it did not occur to me that I should be sending that money to MGM and Paramount instead of the person who owned the DVDs.

When I was handed a used Dyson Vacuum cleaner by my friends when they replaced theirs, it did not occur to me to believe I needed to send a check out to Dyson for my used Vacuum cleaner.

When I drive down the neighborhood scouting garage sales and find one that is selling a stick blender, it does not occur to me to send that 50 cents to Sunbeam instead of the elderly couple at the garage sale who owned it for a decade.

When my friends went to a Greatful Dead concert and was able to access the sound booths specifically set up by the GD to allow their fans to better record their live concerts, it did not occur to them that they are "stealing" - especially when its encouraged to do so.

When Andy handed his Sherif Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys to a young little girl in Toy Story 3, I wasn't aware PIXAR was promoting the idea that handing your old toys to a new generation made you out to be a criminal, and that Andy should've instead sold those toys back to their respective manufacturers.

...so what exactly makes used Video Games so damn special that it has to be the ONLY industry who act like they NEED 100% of the profits and acting as if USED GAME SALES are some kind of crime?

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The Xbox Live press screening perfectly truncated in 1.5 minutes:
    http://youtu.be/KbWgUO-Rqcw
    Pretty much all I was hearing when watching it.
    I have some sport / CoD fanatic friends that are hailing it as the best thing to ever happen.
    Nothing I really care about though, I don't even watch TV or Live TV. Guess it's targeting a different demographic?
    I wonder if the cable networks / tv stations have backed Microsoft up hoping that their DVR Console would boost viewer ratings back in television?
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-05-22 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    xbox breaks? have to rebuy all your games, want to go over to your friends house play a game? gotta take the whole xbox, wanna buy a used game? gotta pay double the price.

meanwhile nintendo and sony dont do none of that.
    I'd guess that the games are tied to your account so the xbox breaking won't be a problem in that aspect. Also what do you mean about double the price for a used game?.

When I bought my Honda Accord from Carmax, it did not occur to me that I should be paying that money to the Honda corporation instead of Carmax.

When I bought some used DVD movies off Craigslist, it did not occur to me that I should be sending that money to MGM and Paramount instead of the person who owned the DVDs.

When I was handed a used Dyson Vacuum cleaner by my friends when they replaced theirs, it did not occur to me to believe I needed to send a check out to Dyson for my used Vacuum cleaner.

When I drive down the neighborhood scouting garage sales and find one that is selling a stick blender, it does not occur to me to send that 50 cents to Sunbeam instead of the elderly couple at the garage sale who owned it for a decade.

When my friends went to a Greatful Dead concert and was able to access the sound booths specifically set up by the GD to allow their fans to better record their live concerts, it did not occur to them that they are "stealing" - especially when its encouraged to do so.

When Andy handed his Sherif Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys to a young little girl in Toy Story 3, I wasn't aware PIXAR was promoting the idea that handing your old toys to a new generation made you out to be a criminal, and that Andy should've instead sold those toys back to their respective manufacturers.

...so what exactly makes used Video Games so damn special that it has to be the ONLY industry who act like they NEED 100% of the profits and acting as if USED GAME SALES are some kind of crime?
    I think I love you and he keeps avoiding my question and that question is.

I already payed for the game already pay for my internet so why must I hand MS money to do nothing. They don't run the servers for games the game company who makes them do.

Kinda why EA is the one who said Army of Two servers was getting shut down and it wasn't MS who said it.
    I loved how he tryed to throw in my face that the Sony got hacked but yet said that the hack that happen to MS was not as bad.... then called me self-entitled.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So the third gen x-box is called x-box 1. Microsoft can counting.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    I'd guess that the games are tied to your account so the xbox breaking won't be a problem in that aspect. Also what do you mean about double the price for a used game?.
    My guess he means that he payed 60$ for a game so for his friend to play the same game"same disk" it will cost them 60$ and that is double the price to play one game "if you add them together"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    1.- Please use enter to get some space on your rants, it's annoying to read a text without good spacing.
    2.- Xbox tvtvtvtvtvtvtv, nothing else to say to a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE.
    3.- Alt tab on pc = all the gimmicks of the new Xbox 1/10
    4.- If you have friends and you get bored of your game or want to test the "NEW COOL GAME" just ask for a friend for and ta-dah! but no, you have to pay a fee on xbox live WHICH COSTS A FEE TOO just to play the game, fuck no.

wait...wait wait wait, what!? does it also links to your hardware? so if the xbox 1 hardware fails to work(just like xbox 360 did) we get boned?
    This is the going rumor and reason why they aren't addressing anything but the account portion. We want it to be like steam, but they want it to be like Halo was multiplayer, you gotta have your system. The money bet it is its system link and account link. Two part check. There was an article about it on wired maybe. Not real sure, but this is the going ideal.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    All i know is that Microsoft is about to have a torch and pitch fork revolt at their main building.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    All i know is that Microsoft is about to have a torch and pitch fork revolt at their main building.
    Sounds like fun LOL.

I am so happy I went back to sony only reason I had a xbox 360 was because it was cheaper.

People are more than willing to pay it so companies will keep doing it.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    People are more than willing to pay it so companies will keep doing it.
    And that is the problem people need to stop buying it because of the brand name.

People who buy because of the brand name just fuel the bullshit that company's like EA and MS do and it makes it so much worse on the rest of us.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably posted already but...

http://t.co/eTAViIuS0Z

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sounds like fun LOL.

I am so happy I went back to sony only reason I had a xbox 360 was because it was cheaper.
    Eh, define cheaper. The first PS3 was a tad much, but you didn't have to pay a fee to be online, repeatedly buy batteries for the controller, and you could play any PSx/2 game on it instead of just a handful. Not to mention how you'd more than likly replace the 360 at a certain point...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Yup- posted that just on the last page.

Either way - it should stay bumped. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    And that is the problem people need to stop buying it because of the brand name.

People who buy because of the brand name just fuel the bullshit that company's like EA and MS do and it makes it so much worse on the rest of us.
    Some brands are trustworthy and decent. Others are bad but yeah if you don't like the game don't buy it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    They might as well call this XboxUSA since most of the media stuff will only work there and that´s a big part of this new Xbox console.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

And yet you refuse to answer my question.

Why must I pay MS to do nothing when PC gaming and Sony/Nintendo give it to me for free.

I already payed for the game already pay for my internet so why must I hand MS money to do nothing. They don't run the servers for games the game company who makes them do.

Kinda why EA is the one who said Army of Two servers was getting shut down and it wasn't MS who said it.
    What answer do you need that anyone with half a brain could figure out for themselves? They charge for it because they can. And people are willing to pay for it. They are a company trying to make money, plain and simple. Are you really so dumb that you can't figure that out? And in my opinion, its worth the price. I've used both Xbox Live and PSN and in my opinion, Xbox Live is the superior of the two. Its layout is much better and just feels right. My opinion of course, but I know of a lot of other people who feel the same way. If you don't feel like paying for it, then don't use it. But to sit here and bitch about something you obviously have no intention of ever using is fucking dumb. Seriously. Get on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

I finally watched that and it was funny as hell.

Question to mods: Can we add a poll and see who will buy the xboxOne or not buy it.