Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    That's easy though, Sega Megadrive (or Master System for you darn foreigners).

Genesis to foreigners, Master System is the console that came before the Mega Drive.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    microsoft is the only one doing this, your entire argument falls apart when you realize this.

if everyone did this then yes your argument would hold up but they dont
    Businesses start a new trend, other company's follow suit... its just the beginning. This is the direction the industry is headed, get used to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flam View Post
    Businesses start a new trend, other company's follow suit... its just the beginning. This is the direction the industry is headed, get used to it.
    No one will follow the single one that showed bad examples of alienating people, it will not sell that great and the companies will say: "bad idea"... L2Economy.

I think there's a seperate fee/cost/system for swapping over ownership of the specific key, which would be the method for buying a physical second hand copy, compared to the example of friends they gave where you essentially pay to create your own key resulting in 2 playable versions of the game just using the CD as a base to install.

I'm not sure though, could well be wrong. I guess you can always buy it second hand across their online system if it came to it.
    There was a Kotaku interview (I'll have to re-locate it) they did today. The MS guys said straight-up that if you let a friend borrow a new game that just came out, your friend would have to pay the full price of the game on their Xbox One in order to play it.

Deleted
    That's easy though, Sega Megadrive (or Master System for you darn foreigners).

Haha! I will never ever forget the SEGA jingle every time you started the console. Most derpiest voice ever screaming SEGA, laughed every time. But it was called Sega Mega Drive in Sweden as well, never heard of Master System being used until now

So I have a few thoughts on all this...

1) All the hoopla over having to connect or constantly be connected... whats the big deal? if you cant afford a monthly internet bill, you cant afford a 3-400 console... end of story. (and dont tell me you live in the boonies and internet isnt offered... slap you in the face...)

2) Can't share games anymore with friends... ya it sucks, but who didn't see this coming? They are a business, and business HAVE to make money (granted they probably don't need anymore but still) MS isnt the only one losing money when you 'give' friends your game to play. Its the developers of said games that lose out.

3) If you CAN afford a 3-400 console... you can afford to BUY the game... stop being cheap... jesus
    1. First, yes, in rural areas, internet connection can be notoriously unstable, but you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Microsoft's servers ALSO have to remain stable. There's not a person here who hasn't had issues with an online game, and the idea of having to go through those issues when playing single-player games is ludicrous, plain and simple.

2. The old business model has worked pretty damned well over the past 40 years. They only want to change it now because they want to squeeze some more money out of their customers. Hey, don't get me wrong. They, as a business, are free to be as greedy about it as they want. I, as a consumer, am also free to tell them to shove their shiny new console up their you-know-where. Shrugging it off as "corporations will be corporations" and continuing to buy whatever they put in front of you isn't healthy.

3. This isn't a question of how much money I as a consumer may or may not have. It's about "value." It's about getting less and paying more. A nickel here and a dime there may not seem like much, but it's been adding up here for a while now. Between micro-transactions, used game "taxes" and hugely overpaying for both the consoles and the games that come with them, and one has to start to question "value." And quite frankly, I don't see how Xbox One brings all that much value to the table. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but this wasn't a good start.
    Last edited by Nekosom; 2013-05-22 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The XboxOne has DRM plan and simple and I love how people defend it by saying others are to cheap and bla bla bla.

We as consumers have rights and when MS or any other company dose shit like this it steps all over our rights. So I myself like many others are speaking with our wallet's and not getting this system.

/My 2 cents.
    You have the right not to buy it, yes.

I know that sounds somewhat aggressive but I simply mean no one has any rights when it comes to being able to play how and when they want with a specific product, it's just a case of whether the product fills your needs or not. They're not morally wrong in any way to do anything they've done. Not to say there's anything wrong with saying it's a stupid or annoying move though.

I believe there must've been one person who said the exact same thing when DivX tried that when it and DVD came out.

...it didn't work well for DivX, did it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Haha! I will never ever forget the SEGA jingle every time you started the console. Most derpiest voice ever screaming SEGA, laughed every time. But it was called Sega Mega Drive in Sweden as well, never heard of Master System being used until now
    Think it was the Master System in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Genesis to foreigners, Master System is the console that came before the Mega Drive.
    Nevermind, cheers for the correction .

*edit* on a seperate note, The Ninja on Master System was the first game I ever played.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2013-05-22 at 02:24 AM.

That is one sexy piece of circuits and fibers. Will I get it? YES!!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    What happen if I go on travel to a place where internet is nonexistent like for example I go to the beach with some friends and want to play a game or two when drunk before going to party? (tends to happen a lot in my country) if you travel to a friend's house for a few days and want to show him "the new stuff" and he doesn't have wi-fi or a router connection then it's a gg.
    1. Taking your xbox to the beach... surely there are more important things to do at the beach... wink wink hint hint
    2. Bring your router with you then? is that really that hard?

You have the right not to buy it, yes.

I know that sounds somewhat aggressive but I simply mean no one has any rights when it comes to being able to play how and when they want with a specific product, it's just a case of whether the product fills your needs or not. They're not morally wrong in any way to do anything they've done. Not to say there's anything wrong with saying it's a stupid or annoying move though.
    Aside from one company stacking console fee on top of internet fee on top of game fee on top of borrow fee.

The other two are doing it just like every console has done prior. You buy the system, and you buy the game for said system. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The XboxOne has DRM plan and simple and I love how people defend it by saying others are to cheap and bla bla bla.

We as consumers have rights and when MS or any other company dose shit like this it steps all over our rights. So I myself like many others are speaking with our wallet's and not getting this system.

/My 2 cents.
    I agree. We threaten to hang EA for suggesting additional payments for games already bought. Why should we let Microsoft off the hook with this behaviour?

The sad fact is that this will likely push sales in favour of the PS4. Not because it blows the Xbox out of the water performance wise or for the features it offers, but simply because they don't demand a log in a day to play their games nor are charging additional fees to borrow a friends game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    No one will follow the single one that showed bad examples of alienating people, it will not sell that great and the companies will say: "bad idea"... L2Economy.
    Working well for EA... sure people hate them, but they are a profitable company

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    That is one sexy piece of circuits and fibers. Will I get it? YES!!!
    Please tell me you're referring to the chick who made the Halo TV Series announcement.

Why though. That's the driving question. Why. If there is going to be an artificial limitation that wasn't there to begin with, there needs to be a compelling reason for it to exist. It needs to provide enough of a benefit to the consumer of offset the negative impact it has. If the benefit doesn't outweigh the negative, then why have it at all?

I've still yet to see a compelling reason for DRM and how it benefits consumers.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Taking your xbox to the beach... surely there are more important things to do at the beach... wink wink hint hint
    Actually yes, there are a lot of stuff to do at the beach, but we all like playing casual games drunk after the party is over or before the party.

Yeah, the need of bringing my router from home, where more people live on it... nope, not going to happen, it's dumb, utterly dumb why should I have to bring my router or any kind of connection attached JUST TO PLAY ON MY CONSOLE... what happens if XBL crashes or works like shit? (YEAH EA IM LOOKING AT YOU AND YOUR LITTLE SIMS) can't play till they fix their stuff? what happens if the internet is choppy? well gl for you because OUR NEW HARDWARE REQUIRES INTARNATZ.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I agree. We threaten to hang EA for suggesting additional payments for games already bought. Why should we let Microsoft off the hook with this behaviour?

The sad fact is that this will likely push sales in favour of the PS4. Not because it blows the Xbox out of the water performance wise or for the features it offers, but simply because they don't demand a log in a day to play their games nor are charging additional fees to borrow a friends game.
    Or, as Francis put it a few months ago:

"At this point - I think the PS4 is winning the race, by just showing up and by NOT BEING @$$HOLES!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Or, as Francis put it a few months ago:

"At this point - I think the PS4 is winning the race, by just showing up and by NOT BEING @$$HOLES!!!"
    well actually yeah, even ouija or ouja or whatever is looking fairly good, not that it has good titles or anything else, but nintendo/sony and the ouja backing company (idk who it is, google?) have been pretty silent around all of this.

Microsoft is doing publicing for the other consoles !

10+ Year Old Account
    The Xbox 1 looks like a Wii that fell over. They wasted an hour talking about TV, sports and Call of Duty. Even after the reveal, when Geoff interviewed Mattrick, Mattrick seemed like such a smug dumbass. "It has to be online to play multiplayer and stream, that's the world we live in." Of course it has to be online for that! That was just his weaselly way of answering "no used games".