Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Here you basically call it bashing the xbox one because we are PS4 fanboys. That's the same as saying we shouldn't complain about this which we have all the right to and there is nothing wrong with that (this is a xbox one discussion afterall).

- - - Updated - - -

On xbox360 there is already some sort of reputation system (which barely anyone uses). I never talk to people on XBL, I don't even have a mic, I simply play the games and only have a few people in my friendslist who I play with. My reputation is apparently bad because a few players pointed out they would never want to play with me again. Most likely because I killed them in BF3 or something. It's a useless system.
    You know I said that because if you looked at the previous post they were not constructive or even discussion worthy imo. You have the right to complain but I got annoyed because some people come here to state their opinion over and over to say they basicly don't like the xbox one or MS. From that point I call it bashing instead of trying to bring something in this discussion.

I said specifically:

if you only come here to bash
    With that I mean saying stuff like, Hahaha M$ you fail so hard PS4 ftw(exaggerating).

I doubt that'd be remotely possible. League of Legends is only one game. For a console system expanding an entire network from multiple games and networks, it'll have to only be peer based.
    I doubt MS would hire the manpower just to monitor activities for these types of things with knowledge of all these games.

Most people don't up 'rep' people in game, and the down 'rep' will include people that may think someone is a hacker but isn't, ragers or just the aforementioned abusers.
    If for whatever example a bunch of friends / clan hates you and you get down repped into let's say the 'bad group' where you're playing with all these nut jobs, then how are you going to get out of it. By the 'idea' of it, you may be the most perfect online poster child, but when you're stuck in a group of people whom presumably are crazy raging insane people, how are you supposed to get +rep out of it.

Also I believe League of Legend are only reports, not +rep / -rep type of system.
    I doubt it too. With the league thing I meant like if you get reported 10 times for hacking or cheating in a time window of 24 hour they monitor it. Was more aimed at the report function thing. I don't think it will work that well or they have to improve it a lot compared to the current system. It seems like a good system but it is a shame it prob won't work because of the community.

edit: I just read the full article on oxm and they said:

The system will be proof against exploitation, he continued. "Let's just be clear, there is no way at all that a conglomerate of people can conspire to sink your Reputation on the system. The way that it's built fundamentally stops that. It's very much over a period of time - if we see consistently that people, for instance, don't like playing with you, that you're consistently blocked, that you're the subject of enforcement actions because you're sending naked pictures of yourself to people that don't want naked pictures of you... Blatant things like that have the ability to quickly reduce your Reputation score."
    here is the article : http://www.oxm.co.uk/57505/features/...system/?page=1
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-07-04 at 08:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    I dont overly trust microsoft, but I dont see this as a negative, that post kind of gives me some confidence that they might get it right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Player ratings should exist on all things internet including mmo champ, I really feel that communities generally work better with the ability to downvote/ostracise bad people, of course it can be abused but I still have some faith in the gaming/online community... not much, but some. This is actually a good move from microsoft for a change.
    On my current profile, I have...0 +rep and 4 -rep. All 4 were accrued while playing FFA Red Dead Redemption, all the while saying absolutely nothing. For the record, my "rep" stat is still at 5/5 stars.

So, what have we learned?
    Don't have faith in the internet.
    Don't trust Microsoft to do things right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    On my current profile, I have...0 +rep and 4 -rep. All 4 were accrued while playing FFA Red Dead Redemption, all the while saying absolutely nothing. For the record, my "rep" stat is still at 5/5 stars.

Anecdotal evidence though, I had the opposite, I didn't get any -ve reps and plenty of +ve. Time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    and don't trust your kids with a kinect.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Anecdotal evidence though, I had the opposite, I didn't get any -ve reps and plenty of +ve. Time will tell.
    I don't care if it's anecdotal evidence. If I get only -rep for playing well and virtually shooting someone in the head a couple of times the system already fails for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    and don't trust your kids with a kinect.

Haha, nice.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    The controller is both wired and wireless.

When you hook it up with the wire then then wireless radios get turned completely off. When you unhook the wire then the controller becomes completely wireless.
    Ahh nice, thank you for the comment. I much prefer my controllers wired!

...Fuck that shit.

I can't stand it being on my tv let alone on my console.

The original argument was with basic tv "no cable/dish ect.." You got advertisements because it payed for the stations and the service is free. Well now cable is a must and yet we still get these advertisements even tho we are not paying for the service...

The original argument should work for Xbox One "or any other console" If you are a silver member "Free" you get the advertisements if you are gold you get none or at lease we give you a choice in your account settings.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ...Fuck that shit.

I can't stand it being on my tv let alone on my console.

The original argument was with basic tv "no cable/dish ect.." You got advertisements because it payed for the stations and the service is free. Well now cable is a must and yet we still get these advertisements even tho we are not paying for the service...

The original argument should work for Xbox One "or any other console" If you are a silver member "Free" you get the advertisements if you are gold you get none or at lease we give you a choice in your account settings.
    I don't mind ads, so long as they're not invasive-intrusive to my activities that I'm currently partaking in.

For the longest time I never used Adblock... because they were never that invasive for me. Suddenly ads started auto-playing video clips and kept pulsing horrible animations that distracted me from reading (or, in the case of the video, scares teh bejesus out of me). So IN cam e adblock!

I feel sorry for those who want ads to fund what they want, but NO THANK YOU for invasive ads! It's why I canceled my cable almost 15 years ago. I'm MORE than certain MS is going to have this in mind as well.

Im not in favor of more ads.

As it is the current 360 dsahboard is really pushing it for me. Any more and I feel like things will be too intrusive.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Wow, what interview? I do adore drame like this! That's pretty damning though, a rather well respected gaming and tech magazine telling it's readers "Go buy a PS4!"
    I was just wondering what MS did to piss off that magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by gosemina View Post
    Im not in favor of more ads.

As it is the current 360 dsahboard is really pushing it for me. Any more and I feel like things will be too intrusive.
    Why do you idle on the dashboard, I can fairly say im not on the dashboard for more than 2 minutes max and thats just either dling somthing or spending 20 seconds to swap to a new game or open an app.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Why do you idle on the dashboard, I can fairly say im not on the dashboard for more than 2 minutes max and thats just either dling somthing or spending 20 seconds to swap to a new game or open an app.
    Maybe for the same reason why you keep defending Microsoft/Xbox Because he wants to.

The Xbox 360 is a gaming console "and sadly so is Xbox One" therefor it should only show add's related to gaming on a xbox if any add's at all. Not Axe body spray not old spice not World Of Warcraft. As I said early'er I can accept it if silver members had add's because Microsoft dose want to make money but if you are a gold member then you should not have to see add's in every single tab. Like what is the point of someone who dose not like Walking Dead/Game of Thrones to see those ad's of them its pointless and annoying.

I have always been a firm believer that I payed for my console I should be able to see and play whatever I want. If I want to idle at the dashboard that is my choice and I shouldn't be forced to see add's because of it.

To give you a better answer to your question I have idled many times on my dashboard just chatting to friends using the Part/Private chat system.

Zeta you keep defending Microsoft every single time someone say's some negative about them so I got to ask is there anything they do you don't like or not ok with Microsoft doing?????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I was just wondering what MS did to piss off that magazine.
    they showed there true color's at the xbox reveal and all the way up to E3.

"How to run a company"
    Rule 1 - Don't Piss Off The Community.
    Rule 2 - Never show your greed.
    Rule 3 - Profit....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-09 at 10:13 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Maybe for the same reason why you keep defending Microsoft/Xbox Because he wants to.

The Xbox 360 is a gaming console "and sadly so is Xbox One" therefor it should only show add's related to gaming on a xbox if any add's at all. Not Axe body spray not old spice not World Of Warcraft. As I said early'er I can accept it if silver members had add's because Microsoft dose want to make money but if you are a gold member then you should not have to see add's in every single tab. Like what is the point of someone who dose not like Walking Dead/Game of Thrones to see those ad's of them its pointless and annoying.

I have always been a firm believer that I payed for my console I should be able to see and play whatever I want. If I want to idle at the dashboard that is my choice and I shouldn't be forced to see add's because of it.

To give you a better answer to your question I have idled many times on my dashboard just chatting to friends using the Part/Private chat system.

Zeta you keep defending Microsoft every single time someone say's some negative about them so I got to ask is there anything they do you don't like or not ok with Microsoft doing?????
    I defend it when people bitch about stupid shit that doesnt matter. THere is no reason you should just be chilling on the dashboard. unless your drunk and passed out. So i dont get the point of bitching about more adds there. There are allready adds there to begin with so who cares if there are more. I fired up my xbox this morning and spent a grand total of 12 seconds going to netflix and starting it up and ohh man was my day ruined by the adds. Stop bitching about shit just to bitch about it.

[uqote]To give you a better answer to your question I have idled many times on my dashboard just chatting to friends using the Part/Private chat system.[/quote]

And ads ruined your chat? Change the channel. Play an arcade game. Next people are gona complain about the adds that comcast plays while searching for shows or movies ondemand.

Having to watch ads when you're paying for the console and paying more for online service is a big deal. It doesn't matter how little time we spend on it or not. It's the principle of the thing. It's another money grab by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Having to watch ads when you're paying for the console and paying more for online service is a big deal. It doesn't matter how little time we spend on it or not. It's the principle of the thing. It's another money grab by Microsoft.
    Its allready there on both playstation and xbox allready. Again stop complaining just for the sake of complaining you people are grasping for straws now just to up your postcount and potentially bash somthing.

Its allready there on both playstation and xbox allready. Again stop complaining just for the sake of complaining you people are grasping for straws now just to up your postcount and potentially bash somthing.
    I've never seen a single ad on my playstation 3 and just because it's there on the Xbox 360 doesn't mean it should be there on the Xbox One. The more insidious part though is that they're going to be using the improved Kinect to target those ads more directly. This isn't complaining for the sake of complaining. It's a serious concern. It seems more like you're defending to defend, especially since you can't come up with an argument better than "It's already there" and "You're complaining to complain." Please, give me one good reason why we should be accepting of ads on the Xbox. Is it going to reduce the cost of the console? No. Is it going to reduce the cost of xbox live? No. So what good is it other than to line Microsoft's pockets? Maybe YOU are just trying to up your post count?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I've never seen a single ad on my playstation 3 and just because it's there on the Xbox 360 doesn't mean it should be there on the Xbox One. The more insidious part though is that they're going to be using the improved Kinect to target those ads more directly. This isn't complaining for the sake of complaining. It's a serious concern. It seems more like you're defending to defend, especially since you can't come up with an argument better than "It's already there" and "You're complaining to complain." Please, give me one good reason why we should be accepting of ads on the Xbox. Is it going to reduce the cost of the console? No. Is it going to reduce the cost of xbox live? No. So what good is it other than to line Microsoft's pockets? Maybe YOU are just trying to up your post count?
    Its there and there is nothing you can do about it. So dont buy the console becuase the dashboard screen has adds that might be tailored to what you do or like [ just like your browsers ads on the pc ] . If you dont like it so much dont buy it. Go reserve a ps4 and have a nice day. No one here is forced to purchase the console nor should they feel obligated to buy it if there are so many things about it they dont like.

Its there and there is nothing you can do about it. So dont buy the console becuase the dashboard screen has adds that might be tailored to what you do or like [ just like your browsers ads on the pc ] . If you dont like it so much dont buy it. Go reserve a ps4 and have a nice day. No one here is forced to purchase the console nor should they feel obligated to buy it if there are so many things about it they dont like.
    Except that if you do go online, you only see adverts from the websites you visit. Your ISP (the thing that gets you online), dosn't feed you adverts. Microsoft, the people that already sold you the console and are allowing you to access online content are feeding you adverts. Adverts that you can't turn off, which you can do on the PC.

Would you feel happy if every time you booted up a windows machine, you had to watch a 30 second advert? If that comparison isn't any good, what about if you're running Windows 8 and say 1/4 of your desktop is taken up be an advert box that cannot be moved.

You've already paid Microsoft for the machine. You've already paid Microsoft to access any online components of that machine. Why the hell would you be cool with giving them more money, in the form of adverts, that take up screen space and only benefit Microsoft, not yourself?