Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We killed this last night after a full night of wiping the night before (so about 5hours of attempts.) Couple things that helped us:

1) For ranged that do not have powerful CDs to pop when Forstbite comes out, have them prestack right before the cast goes out on a soak group. This way the initial hit and tick that go out do not insta-gib them. We noticed often that the Tick and the initial damage would hit at the same time and if people were not stacked or didn't have a heavy defensive rolling already it would do upwards of 600k on the spot and kill them.
    2) If you get lucky and your ranged are on their toes, immuning one of the first 2 Frostbites is a HUGE buff to your raid sustainability.
    3) When the first passing debuff goes out, get it on your Rogue and let him hold it to about 20 stacks. (I am the Rogue in our group, and that's what I did.) I found that as a Melee in this encounter and proper kicking of Sul's sandbolts, I hardly ever took significant damage and I was able to feint/cloak during Kazrajin so was never in too much danger of dying. I wound up at about 25-30 stacks at the end of the fight, but that is 25-30 stacks that others don't have to deal with that have less survivability.
    4) Balls out on Sul. He has to die before empowerment. Prepot and hit him hard. We had a tank and 2 melee + dots rolling on him at all times. Once he is dead, have one Melee on Malakk and the other pushing the Empowerments. By the time Malakk is empowered again, you should be able to kill him before the 4th Frostbite. (If the 3rd hits someone and you still have a battle ress up, you can consider letting them die and ress them to save mana.)
    5) Once Malakk is dead its slow and steady. The only real danger at this point is people failing to stack during Kazra empowerment and people not killing ghosts/Twisted Fate when they come up.

We did it last night WITHOUT Heroism as our Mage decided to dissapear on us right before the first pull of the night. It was tight but once we got past Sul an Malakk the rest was pretty smooth.

Another note about Frostbite: We marked 2 groups (both melee) for people to dance between once they got Frostbite. As soon as they got the arrow they popped a major defensive CD and moved into one of the groups. After a few seconds they'd move to the other group, then they would move out and healers would bomb them with heals. It worked for us, YMMV. (Especially the pre-stacking for ranged who don't have big CDs.)

EDIT: As for Smokebombing the first Frostbite... I have no idea what he is talking about. Smokebomb is supposed to make you non-targetable by mobs outside of the radius, but as far as I can tell it has never worked to avoid boss mechanics and it doesn't have an 'immune time' when it is first cast. It lasts for a few seconds too so making it up during the cast is trivial. I doubt this would work, but if it does it makes the fight a little bit easier.
    Last edited by Rigapples; 2013-05-31 at 02:42 PM.

Deleted
    If smokebomb actually works it enables some comps to cheese this fight by an insane amount. A rogue could just smoke bomb all the ranged for the first and third frostbite, and on the second you could just have everyone with immunities use them (well before it actually goes out, since all the other frostbites are dealt with by the smoke bomb) and bop the remaining ranged (what 10 man doesn't have a pala healer or tank:P?). Not having to bother healing frostbite (or a significant number of sand bolts assuming that the rogue/tanks are on the ball with interrupts) would mean that the healers would have a full mana pool for the kazra empower making it far easier than usual.

That being said, I really doubt smoke bomb works until I see a video/logs of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    If smokebomb actually works it enables some comps to cheese this fight by an insane amount. A rogue could just smoke bomb all the ranged for the first and third frostbite, and on the second you could just have everyone with immunities use them (well before it actually goes out, since all the other frostbites are dealt with by the smoke bomb) and bop the remaining ranged (what 10 man doesn't have a pala healer or tank:P?). Not having to bother healing frostbite (or a significant number of sand bolts assuming that the rogue/tanks are on the ball with interrupts) would mean that the healers would have a full mana pool for the kazra empower making it far easier than usual.

That being said, I really doubt smoke bomb works until I see a video/logs of it.
    Smokebomb works definetly. Just put it on malakk himself before he finishes his cast and you cheese frostbite. I will edit in a link to our logs when i'm home.

Edit: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9q...?s=3583&e=4097

We Smokebombed Frostbite Nr. 1 and Nr. 3 and let the 2nd die on that try. Never had a fourth.
    Last edited by mmoc906bccfa87; 2013-05-31 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post
    Smokebomb works definetly. Just put it on malakk himself before he finishes his cast and you cheese frostbite. I will edit in a link to our logs when i'm home.

We Smokebombed Frostbite Nr. 1 and Nr. 3 and let the 2nd die on that try. Never had a fourth.
    I'm not sure I am able to interpret the log properly. I see Frostbite cast twice for damage. Where do you show you immuned the first and third cast via Smokebomb? I will try this myself next week, but I am still skeptical as this is the first time I have heard this working.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigapples View Post
    I'm not sure I am able to interpret the log properly. I see Frostbite cast twice for damage. Where do you show you immuned the first and third cast via Smokebomb? I will try this myself next week, but I am still skeptical as this is the first time I have heard this working.
    idk, from here http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9q...?s=3583&e=4097 with this query set [{"spellNames": ["Erfrieren"]}] you can see the first one is never applied which means it was immuned.

he did throw smoke bomb but the druid also cast ice block which means he could have immuned it as well. The smoke bomb was over very shortly after he cast frostbite
    [21:16:40.318] Venture gains Eisblock from Venture
    [21:16:40.318] Venture casts Eisblock

Eisblock is iceblock
    Last edited by bals; 2013-05-31 at 07:32 PM.

Smoke bomb definitely works. Just simply throw it down on Malak before he casts, and (obviously) make sure the ranged aren't inside the bomb with Malak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post

From those logs all I can see is your druid, probably, blocking the first and your second and third going through. Guess I'll try it out next week if our rogue is on.

I'd recommend 3 healing, burning down sul faster is nice, but towards the end Kaz can be insane with only two healers. The advice so far has been very good, but here's my 2 cents:

- Train the mage and pally to ice block or bubble as soon as they see the blue arrow over their head, the more attempts you get in, the easier it is to get used to it. I'd also give symbiosis to the mage, that way the druid can ice block too. If you can get through the first phase with keeping up one dps with CD's and have the other immune it off, the fight becomes A LOT easier

- Handling frost bite the old fashion by stacking with other people doesn't work often, you run the risk of quick sands as well as rolls hitting the groups

- Kill order should be sul, frost king, and then from there kaz, you always want to try to transition to kaz with nothing going on, as you can dps him for like the first 10 seconds with no penalty of him doing damage to your raid. After that I'd heavily encourage you either splitting dps, or having even your hybrid specs toss as many heals as their mana allows

- Hunters cannot immune the ability, unfortunately, just mage, druids, and pallies

- Pass that debuff to the melee early on, then tanks (especially once malakk is dead), from there start passing it to ranged, then healers

- Obviously make sure everyone is respeccing for maximum survivability

- Twisted fate becomes very very easy as long as ranged are aware that they must run very far out - not all of them have to, but just a few, as twisted fate for our attempts hit the furtest person out like 99% of the time

- Definitely 3 heal

I know some of this advice was redundant, hope some of it helps though. Ideally sul should never get a cast off, marli will free cast unless she is empowered. The damage sucks but it's not too bad, and it's better having her near the other adds, where she can heal them up.

Deleted
    we two heal this fight as we found easy ways to counter/remove certain damage abilities. However we use myself (a prot pally) who is basically a third healer due to veng whoring.

Frostbite:

Your pally and mage can negate the frostbite by bubble and ice block. 1-2 secs before its applied, the person gets a blue arrow above there head. If they use bubble/iceblock fast enuff they wont get frostbite and no1 else will

you can also HoP people BEFORE the cast and they will not be selected for it. What I mean is if you, for example HoP the warlock and shadow priest then they wont get selected for frostbite, meaning theres a higher chance it will pick the mage and hpally...meaning if there fast enough you can negate frostbite.

We only got 3 frostbites the entire fight so on the third one (assuming no1 died) we just let that person die and battle rez them. If your three healing it you will morew than likely get 4.

Twisted fate:

It will always pick the melee and the FURTHEST away range. Again your pally and Mage, if standing furthest out will get targetted and they can use bubble/iceblock to remove there "soul" before it spawns. This means that only one soul spawns, meaning the raid dmg is nothing.

Kaza Empower:

As Sul it dead for us before Kaza becomes empowered we have every1 (minus the tanks as frost king and priest still up) to stack on our rogue for Aoe healing.

He stuns himself for 20 (i think) secs each time so we rotate cooldowns into it....i.e first stun = Aura mastery, into aura mastery into demo banner.......second stun = rallying, into AG into smoke bomb.....when the add spawns all dps switch to it to give healers brief second to heal up.

If sul isnt dead then you cna still stack just have some1 call out the quicksand cooldown and get ready to move as a grp.