Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fail coin tosses or so called buff in 5.3

So, As far as we know there will be a buff which increases the chance for a item instead of 29(type your gold whatever)g.
    Question is, whether it only appeals to ToT or older raids also?
    And what is the % rate of luck which increases by every fail toss?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are supposed to be adding streak protection so your odds of a long streak of no loot (like my 0-28 run) are much less likely. This is LFR only and is ToT. Not sure they've published how the system works. I believe the logic being used is similar to how the RPPM item procs are done.

10+ Year Old Account
    It never said anything about being only for LFR/ToT.
    Its an increased chance (I don't believe Blizzard has said by what percentage) for every coin roll you use in all difficulties.

Just too bad it doesn't count all the failed rolls you've done thus far

I still dread winning a bonus roll for some piece of trash I don't even want or need when the boss drops a couple of other things i'd rather have. That is the disappointing part.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Probably something trivial like 5%. So you could still fail for like 5 weeks in a row pretty easily and then get the 1 out of 4 items available on that boss that you already have.

Honestly I appreciate their effort on this but it doesn't sound that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Just too bad it doesn't count all the failed rolls you've done thus far

I still dread winning a bonus roll for some piece of trash I don't even want or need when the boss drops a couple of other things i'd rather have. That is the disappointing part.
    Same for me, missing 1 piece in normal mode and that is the Agi cloak off Ji-Kun, which hasn't dropped at all so far in our 25m raids, and we've killed her since first week. Yay for RNG

10+ Year Old Account
    it's not, as far as I understand it, a flat % increase each roll. The idea isn't to give you a better chance all the time but to protect against long streaks of nothing at all so it's an increasing chance based on how many boss kills it's been since you got something

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah thing is there is idea how to exploit it, simply by tossing up in old LFRs or normals and keeping buff on yourself, than roll to ToT and toss with increased chance.
    Not sure though it would work.

It would only work if you were lucky enough to not get stuff from the older LFRs. You're betting you're not going to get stuff from the older LFRs because if you do get something on a coin it resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Nah thing is there is idea how to exploit it, simply by tossing up in old LFRs or normals and keeping buff on yourself, than roll to ToT and toss with increased chance.
    Not sure though it would work.
    They said it increases the chance on the particular boss that you rolled on. So I have no idea why anyone would think this would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfaxe View Post
    It would only work if you were lucky enough to not get stuff from the older LFRs. You're betting you're not going to get stuff from the older LFRs because if you do get something on a coin it resets.
    Well last run I tossed about 8 coins in a row and 8 times it was gold.
    So guess RNG is fkin RNG.

I've had one piece of loot come from a roll and that was in week two,...lol,......if only it would take that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It never said anything about being only for LFR/ToT.
    Its an increased chance (I don't believe Blizzard has said by what percentage) for every coin roll you use in all difficulties.
    You two are talking about two slightly different things.

There is a per-boss buff in LFR so if you don't get loot week after week you get a higher chance over time.

The coins are separate. They work LFR/normal/heroic, whatever, and the buff stacks per coin used. If you use 10 in ToT, one on each boss for 10 bosses in a row, you have a much higher chance of getting loot on the last than the first.

This is, at least, the way I understand it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    They said it increases the chance on the particular boss that you rolled on. So I have no idea why anyone would think this would work.
    Again, sort of, there are two different buffs, from what I understand. One is per boss in LFR, the other per coin, regardless of boss.

They upped the chance to get loot (from coin) in the older raids already, you're very likely to get something with your coin there then you are from ToT raids. So the people who arent very lucky in ToT take the most notice from the buff since you're more likely to get unlucky there.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Bonus Roll
    -Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.

Which basically means that if you don't get loot on a coin roll, the next roll will have an increased chance to get loot. If and when you get loot from coin roll, the chance drops back to normal.

And this most likely applies to all raids on all modes as they haven't specified any raids/modes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would also get HabeebiT http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/habeebit or another mod that shows the loot your eligible for based on the spec you queued for. I think a lot of people just roll when there isn't an item they want anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Khedgar View Post
    -Bonus Roll
    -Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.

Which basically means that if you don't get loot on a coin roll, the next roll will have an increased chance to get loot. If and when you get loot from coin roll, the chance drops back to normal.

And this most likely applies to all raids on all modes as they haven't specified any raids/modes.
    I believe it was described differently when GC was tweeting about it. The patch note is not necessarily 100% how it works.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-05-21 at 10:06 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I believe it was described differently when GC was tweeting about it. The patch note is not necessarily 100% how it works.
    Well patch notes were updated yesterday, so that's the latest info about it. Haven't seen GC's tweet so can't really comment on that.

Probably something trivial like 5%. So you could still fail for like 5 weeks in a row pretty easily and then get the 1 out of 4 items available on that boss that you already have.

Honestly I appreciate their effort on this but it doesn't sound that great.
    yeah I have a feeling a lot of people will still fall under that

I never saw anything like this said. Link to source ? (Not saying they didn't say it, btw)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.