Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I log on every now and then, and one thing I've noticed is that the population is drastically different from what it was before. DE's in the mid level zones that had a few dozen people before are consistently empty now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerio View Post
    I log on every now and then, and one thing I've noticed is that the population is drastically different from what it was before. DE's in the mid level zones that had a few dozen people before are consistently empty now.
    Mid level zones are not indicative of the game's population or popularity. For instance, Southsun Cove is constantly in multiple overflows from the last patch. Everyone is upleveled to 80 there so players hang out in the area that offers the best rewards ....naturally.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Mid level zones are not indicative of the game's population or popularity. For instance, Southsun Cove is constantly in multiple overflows from the last patch. Everyone is upleveled to 80 there so players hang out in the area that offers the best rewards ....naturally.
    Oh I know, I was just sharing my personal experience as someone who comes back every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    If you are the kind of player that needs the game to constantly tell you that you have done something good and "reward you" then GW2 might not be for you.

Many people have a difficult time to play games just for fun these days. There must always been some kind of goal with a shiny reward at the end. On the other hand, the same kind of players can grind something for hours or days, constantly complaining about how boring it is, just to get a few "points" or whatever.
    What do you do to have fun on GW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geogaddi View Post
    What do you do to have fun on GW2?
    Guild missions, fractals, world bosses, jump in for some WvW or Pvp action, do some jump puzzles - whatever I feel like doing basically

It's really cool to have the weight of the gear grind removed.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Its free, why would you "stop". Just put it down for a month and then play when you wont something a little different for a week or so.

There are certain events that are zerged still at low levels but otherwise I agree with Bovinity in that now most events are pleasant to participate in.

10+ Year Old Account
    This new API thing is quite interesting, did the frozen maw event chain, was just ridiculous, mobs were dying before the culling allowed you to see them, the champion died in I guess 30-40 seconds. Now personally I dont mind that easy loots, but the scaling needs to be sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Guild missions, fractals, world bosses, jump in for some WvW or Pvp action, do some jump puzzles - whatever I feel like doing basically

It's really cool to have the weight of the gear grind removed.
    Couldnt agree more. I love GW2, Its the only online game i play other than Diablo 3 now. Its great to play a game thats actually a game. I play for fun and its not a 2nd job. I can get on - Do events, kill some stuff or just relax and do some gathering. If i want to quit for a month? Its NP. It does not hurt you as it should be. The game just gives me a feeling to worth playing.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    And may I say, thank goodness. That was one of the things that ruined the game for me the first time around. Having every event completely zerged into the dirt was really no fun at all. Now I can do events and feel like I'm actually playing the game instead of watching a zerg-movie.
    Well yeah I certainly understand what you're saying, but the events I'm seeing have absolutely no people and they take ages to complete alone.

I like my RPGs to allow me to continue to get stronger at max level. I enjoy the gameplay of GW2 but it's not designed to cater to my desires in an RPG. Gear progression is simply a must for me. It sucks cause it's the only other MMO aside from WoW that I can enjoy and it doesn't have that awful F2P feeling to it.

There is limited gear progression in the Fractal system. Perhaps that might satisfy your desire.

No you definitely shouldn't, since as we all know, typing your account name and password costs you a monthly fee.

And once you're inside the game, you've already signed a binding contract with your conscience that you can't stop playing for at least a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    No you definitely shouldn't, since as we all know, typing your account name and password costs you a monthly fee.

And once you're inside the game, you've already signed a binding contract with your conscience that you can't stop playing for at least a month.
    That only answers 1 out of 3 of his questions smarty pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Still no end-game, so if that's what you're looking for then no don't bother.
    I'm glad people realize this now.

Just a recap. Here's me on 2012-09-12, 10:48 AM:
    Perhaps Kern should focus his efforts on something more... consequential. Like endgame.

Leveling up content? Who the fuck cares?

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18389696
    Here's me again on 2012-09-12, 11:36 AM:
    Completely wrong. The fact is everyone eventually gets to level cap and then this content becomes mostly irrelevant. 99% of the game happens at endgame. Even if you level alts, ultimately they will get to level cap and again level up content becomes irrelevant.

Cata has been out for 2 years. After the 1st week, the other 103 weeks are spent at level cap. If they're spending all their effort designing content for the 1st week, instead of spending more time on content for the next 103 weeks, then they've wasted their time on inconsequential content.

No one serious cares about level up content. The success or failure of GW2 will depend on whether or not endgame is any good.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18390102
    Here's me on 2013-04-28, 11:21 AM:
    This is an article that is entirely about level-up content [...] Really? Level-up content. Nothing could be more inconsequential and transient.

Of course, this sort of premature ass-kissing isn't new. We've seen it with GW2, where there were a flurry of articles out to praise it's dynamic zones, quests and level-up content. And then the reality of endgame dawns. The reality that level-up content simply doesn't matter anymore sets in. Then the question suddenly becomes: "is there anything else to do in this game?". [...]

Judging a MMO, before it's launched, and based on something as insignificant as it's level-up content is an inane waste of time. This article is worthless. Tell me about endgame content, because that's basically all that matters.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post20961385
    Let just say, I told you so.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2013-05-28 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

You don't get to say I told you so when you haven't been proven right, unless ofc lazuli is the deciding factor for the success of GW2 and its end game. I probably have 600 posts out of my 1000 bashing this game, but its more annoying to see people think theyre right with very little to back that up than anecdotes and hear say.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-28 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post

Just a recap. Here's me on 2012-09-12, 10:48 AM:

Here's me again on 2012-09-12, 11:36 AM:

And you think everyone plays the game exactly the same. Guild Wars (1 and 2) has always been about playing the game, not about the elusive "endgame" concept. Hell, the expansions in GW1 started at level 20 (story-wise, with a newbie island for the campaign characters to get to 20) - that is, max level. Wouldn't that, therefore, make their entire content "endgame"?

Sure, it's important for there to be things to do after you hit max level. But why do those things have to be any different than everything you did from 1-max?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

There is just no reason to assume everyone cares about endgame or bimodal play systems either.

Obviously, there are enough people who give 0 cares for endgame and are/have enjoyed the Guild Wars franchise all the same to allow the game to be profitable/operational.

Rather pointless concern.

Some people think that if they don't like something, that something is therefore bad, ignoring the fact there are plenty of people who enjoy exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

It would be an incredibly boring world if everyone enjoyed the exact same things.