Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should I come back to GW2?

I was playing GW2 back in the day after the release and I've hit max level with one of my characters but then there wasn't a lot of things to do in the game that's why I've stopped playing it. Did end game change? Did they add more stuff to do at max level? Should I come back to the game and try it again?

Why not? It's not like you'll pay for coming back. Yes, there is more to do at end game, a lot has been fixed and changed so just log on, check around and if you need any help with directions, just ask.

The game has no sub fee. You already own it. All it would take is a login on your part. Possible install.

None of the five Guild Wars games have an endgame. There likely will never be one in Guild Wars 2 either. Not designed in that manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've added a couple really big features you might be interested in: Fractals of the Mists (a dungeon that escalates in difficulty and rewards as you gain Fractal levels) and Guild Missions. Lots more stuff too, here's a recent video that outlines all the changes they've made since launch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIgeldCpV68
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the game, why not just try it out :S Changes have been made, but if you didnt have enough to do before you're not going to be blown away now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to rubber stamp the group opinion and say "Yeah, why wouldn't you? It's not going to cost you anything." But seriously, check it out again. If it's still not your cup of tea, it's not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no end-game, so if that's what you're looking for then no don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Still no end-game, so if that's what you're looking for then no don't bother.
    fractals and guild-missions would do that thing quite well

If you ask me the whole concept of endgame is flawed, keep people playing by gating them via better items to do more of the difficult stuff. There is quite a bit new content every(!) month in gw2, last month we had the Molten Factory dungeon, nearly everyone (but the soloplayers) loved it, this month we get a karka-groupdungeon. None of these are gated by any means, you could do it as a lv.30 because you'll get upscaled.

Those are temporary, yeah, but it was said that they probably come back somewhere in the future... maybe with more paths and other improvements. I won't argue against that temporary stuff anymore as long as they pump out new content in such small periods.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-05-22 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    No just no...I quit guild wars because of the the lack of endagame when I got to lvl 80 with my warrior, I didn't even got a full set of exotic gear and I was SOOO bored. After much time I wanted to give GW2 one more chance so I got back, I was excited, I was like "This is the best game ever!". I was leveling with my necromancer till I got to lvl 80 and took my arah gear set after a lot of time! AND then? Got bored AGAIN! I had literally NOTHING to do!

What i'm trying to say is that GW2 has a cool leveling system and you won't get bored while leveling, BUT when you get to lvl 80 you'll get bored as hell and have nothing to do...so you'll understand that all the time you spent leveling was a such a waste and you are going to quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fractals are not end game, neither are guild missions, they're just game. I have to admit a sense of being totally underwhelmed by guild missions, I also think theyre only really appropriate to people in certain guilds, only a handful actually seem to participate on my server although thats probably just anecdotal seeing as I have no quantative evidence. There is plenty to do and see but a lot of my guildies are wanting an expansion because wvw and pve is dragging, it feels like the end of cataclysm but were only a year in to this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I was playing GW2 back in the day after the release and I've hit max level with one of my characters but then there wasn't a lot of things to do in the game that's why I've stopped playing it. Did end game change? Did they add more stuff to do at max level? Should I come back to the game and try it again?
    I have played it since release and i have yet to experience this "nothing to do at max level"

if you did not like it before, you don't like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgRQ View Post
    No just no...I quit guild wars because of the the lack of endagame when I got to lvl 80 with my warrior, I didn't even got a full set of exotic gear and I was SOOO bored. After much time I wanted to give GW2 one more chance so I got back, I was excited, I was like "This is the best game ever!". I was leveling with my necromancer till I got to lvl 80 and took my arah gear set after a lot of time! AND then? Got bored AGAIN! I had literally NOTHING to do!

What i'm trying to say is that GW2 has a cool leveling system and you won't get bored while leveling, BUT when you get to lvl 80 you'll get bored as hell and have nothing to do...so you'll understand that all the time you spent leveling was a such a waste and you are going to quit.
    Again, just because you need your gear grind to be happy and to "think" there is an endgame does not mean there is no endgame, it's all about playstyle and your own perception, if you think there is no endgame to do nothing can change your mind, but for me and most i play with it's actually still so much to do in the game, we don't need better gear to do harder stuff to get better gear to do harder stuff and so on.
    Last edited by Salech; 2013-05-22 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    There's Fractals and guild missions but besides that ... nothing really changed. So unless you really, really want to grind the same dungeon over and over again for the hip new ascension gear ... nah, save your time.

Like Salech said: If you didn't enjoy it before, you probably still won't now.

how is fractals not endgame? You'll get the best gear for doing them, lots of difficult dungeons and they're the hardest part of the game. How would you define endgame? Gating?

what is worth playing then for the OP

Unless you enjoy WvW, no. Very little has changed, almost nothing gameplay wise. Balance is still shit, and endgame is still based on the same idea.

WvW is still great though, so if you didn't check it out the first time you played it's worth coming back to at least check it out. It's probably more fun on higher than lower tier servers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Unless you enjoy WvW, no. Very little has changed, almost nothing gameplay wise.
    since release? Are you kidding?
    -) fractals
    -) guild missions
    -) living story (which includes new events, new minigames, new dungeons (count this month's one in)
    -) SAB - a whole new 8-bit world with fun jumping-puzzle content
    -) ...

hell, Woodenpotatoes talks 1 hour (!!) about the changes, and these are only the bigger more important ones

I don't even... are people actually believing such a nonsense?

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 12:03 PM ----------

here something to read

http://en.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/co..._october_2012/

quality of life changes
    http://en.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/co...hanges_thread/
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-05-22 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    how is fractals not endgame? You'll get the best gear for doing them, lots of difficult dungeons and they're the hardest part of the game. How would you define endgame? Gating?
    If you ask me the whole concept of endgame is flawed.
    Because like you say the concept of endgame is flawed, fractals are not bimodal and as such can be played at 1 or 80 thus 'end game' would not be accurate.

Deleted
    since release? Are you kidding?
    -) fractals
    -) guild missions
    -) living story (which includes new events, new minigames, new dungeons (count this month's one in)
    -) SAB - a whole new 8-bit world with fun jumping-puzzle content
    -) ...

hell, Woodenpotatoes talks 1 hour (!!) about the changes, and these are only the bigger more important ones

I don't even... are people actually believing such a nonsense?
    Because after years playing X MMO, endgame to them is content with X (10+) amount of people beating the same NPC(s) for 6 months while praying for that piece of gear that they miss, which guild wars dosent have that type of content, so I have no idea why they bought gw2 in the first place.

That said treat gw2 as it is a pick and play game, play when you are waiting for (meaningful) patch in your favourite raid centric MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Because like you say the concept of endgame is flawed, fractals are not bimodal and as such can be played at 1 or 80 thus 'end game' would not be accurate.
    If you remember: the whole game is endgame in GW2, which means: you don't do something different when 80 than before.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-05-22 at 03:47 PM.

I am in a similar situation, I played just after launch, got to level 80, played around in PvP and various PvE activities, than quit. About a month ago I installed it again to play some more. Not saying its the best game ever, but I tried a new class this time, leveled it to 80, and now I am just about geared enough to start maybe doing so low-end fractals and explorable dungeons. Having a bit more fun with the new class (first was engi, now I am a warrior) and the Living Stories are kinda cool. I don't play to often anymore though, mostly just doing the dailys so I can get a few pieces of ascended gear (just got my first one).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn