Thread: IRS Scandal

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Yet here we are years later with the IRS making them look more and more right.
    Ummmmm.... I really don't see how this makes the Tea Party people seem more right.... unless they were criticizing specifically the IRS...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, hate it when someone cries wolf too many times and is right that one time. They won't stop until you believe them about the other times they cried wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It doesn't mean the Tea Party is right.
    I didn't say it was.
    The hell...

If you want your opinions to be taken seriously... don't have dialogue responses that are this contradictorily inane...

10+ Year Old Account
    Vyxn, I think I now understand why you weren't answering my questions:

You aren't actually interested in the IRS answering for their mistakes. You don't actually care about justice, and you most certainly do not care about America. Your motivations are purely political. Rather than support a non-partisan investigation that is carried out without a biased goal, you would jump to the biggest possible target you can find, in this case the president, and argue that he should be investigated purely on speculation. You claim this is merely your opinion, and sure, it is. But your opinion speaks volumes of who you are. You are a conniver. Skulduggerous. You are interested in shady political actions that aren't meant to make America great or safe, but to give power to the political party that you support.

This is what's wrong with politics in these United States. We are supposed to be a union, a collection of states gathered and united towards greatness. A people undivided. Instead we get this political drivel, where people under red and blue banners take up masks of patriotism and justice, spitting on the nation in their power grab. They divide the people, lie to them, work them up over things that don't exist. Our politicians do this, no matter their colors, and rather than be the true patriot you claim to be, you would see this nation continue down this path. You would see this nation continue a government constructed on lies. That, I find, is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The hell...

If you want your opinions to be taken seriously... don't have dialogue exchanges that are this inane...
    The IRS scandal is exactly the type of stuff the Tea Party people are complaining about. They may not be right (and I never said one way or the other), but the IRS is doing one heck of a job making them look good right now. Please let me know if I need to clarify that any more for you.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2013-05-26 at 05:29 AM.

The IRS scandal is exactly the type of stuff the Tea Party people is complaining about. They may not be right (and I never said one way or the other), but the IRS is doing one heck of a job making them look good right now. Please let me know if I need to clarify that any more for you.
    I'll give you this much... despite being clearly as insane/diluted and making the same basic mistakes as Vyxn, at least you understand how to be polite about it. :P

Why would you say that? I've never said Obama is guilty. I've not even hinted that he is. I've said the opposite and noted in my first comment in this thread that he was outraged by the scandal.

Interesting that you respond to me about hating America because Obama hasn't been proven guilty yet. Do you think he guilty? I'm asking because I have no idea where the context of your post came from.
    wells uses that same tactic on every one its the only argument he thinks he can win so he tries to make false claims of something you said that you didn't. I call it shadow boxing. making an argument when one doesn't exist

then he tries to take the high ground of innocent till proven guilty mantra when you ask him what makes you so sure he wasn't involved

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I have disliked the direction that this president has taken this country, and as much as I feel he was probably tied to this; we have a thing called due process in this Country. Until the facts come out we have to assume innocence until proven guilty.

Why would you say that? I've never said Obama is guilty. I've not even hinted that he is. I've said the opposite and noted in my first comment in this thread that he was outraged by the scandal.

Interesting that you respond to me about hating America because Obama hasn't been proven guilty yet. Do you think he guilty? I'm asking because I have no idea where the context of your post came from.
    You've said people were wrong to say he wasn't guilty. That's not true at all and the entire notion of innocence as the inherent state of being is fundamental to our country.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    then he tries to take the high ground of innocent till proven guilty mantra when you ask him what makes you so sure he wasn't involved
    Well as long as you're aware you're not occupying anything close to a moral high ground here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Vyxn, I think I now understand why you weren't answering my questions:

You aren't actually interested in the IRS answering for their mistakes. You don't actually care about justice, and you most certainly do not care about America. Your motivations are purely political. Rather than support a non-partisan investigation that is carried out without a biased goal, you would jump to the biggest possible target you can find, in this case the president, and argue that he should be investigated purely on speculation. You claim this is merely your opinion, and sure, it is. But your opinion speaks volumes of who you are. You are a conniver. Skulduggerous. You are interested in shady political actions that aren't meant to make America great or safe, but to give power to the political party that you support.

This is what's wrong with politics in these United States. We are supposed to be a union, a collection of states gathered and united towards greatness. A people undivided. Instead we get this political drivel, where people under red and blue banners take up masks of patriotism and justice, spitting on the nation in their power grab. They divide the people, lie to them, work them up over things that don't exist. Our politicians do this, no matter their colors, and rather than be the true patriot you claim to be, you would see this nation continue down this path. You would see this nation continue a government constructed on lies. That, I find, is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    IMO the only way for America to be a better place is for Obama to be out of office before he can do more damage then he already has. so my goal is to make America a better place
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-05-26 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'll give you this much... despite being clearly as insane/diluted and making the same basic mistakes as Vyxn, at least you understand how to be polite about it. :P
    I can appreciate that. My intention on these forums isn't to push my beliefs, opinions, or ideology. If I could be corny, I care more for truth and justice. I consider my self a conservative and lean closest to the libertarian party, even while being a very religious person. I did not vote for Republicans during Bush's mid term elections because they weren't being conservative.

For the purposes of this thread I've never said Obama had anything to do with the scandal. There's been nothing anyone has heard yet that would suggest as much. The reason I started posting was due to all the hand-waving early on saying, there was no scandal, and Republicans were on another witch hunt.

What the IRS did should be alarming to everyone, regardless of political background.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 05:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You've said people were wrong to say he wasn't guilty. That's not true at all and the entire notion of innocence as the inherent state of being is fundamental to our country.
    You are wrong. Sorry, going to bed soon, running out of time to be polite. I did not say they were wrong. I said they would be more correct to say "they believe he's innocent" than to say "he is innocent'.

Saying Obama is not guilty very well may be right, but saying they believe he is not guilty is 100% right.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    wells uses that same tactic on every one its the only argument he thinks he can win so he tries to make false claims of something you said that you didn't. I call it shadow boxing. making an argument when one doesn't exist

yeah, I know. I've been toying with him for a bit now. He's not even trying to quote me, he's just saying "you said x" when I didn't say it. Oh well, what are you gonna do.

This thread has gone far and beyond what is acceptable for constructive conversation.

Locked.