Deleted

How to make money out of Enchanting?

Since it's all about geting mats quickly... Keepin in mind that I don't have a jewelcrafter... to shuffle 'n shet...
    How to get profit?
    I tried runing Heroics for random blue/green drops to disenchant, after they nerfed the turtle spot in Valley of the four winds...
    now I'm confused...

Should I focus on heirloom enchants?
    midway enchants?
    or the MoP ones?

thanks in advance!

Deleted
    You should sell every enchant that is profitable amd keep them stocked.
    Look at your ah and you cna decide whether you want to do MOP, heirloom or a mixture.
    Study your ah to decide whats the most efficient way of getting mats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patiently observe trade chat waiting for someone to ask for an Enchanter. Often players will give you a serious tip if you don't ask for a fee. If they don't give you one on their own, ask for it. Can be very profitable.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    i found only two principles worth the effort:

1.) MOP enchants: Doing the shuffle and disenchanting the rings. as you cannot do it youll have to buy the mats. if you want to maximize your profit you have to use tsm for long terms. you can calculate the cost for your enchants and either group them manually (like 20g enchants, 50g enchants, 150g enchants, etc.) or dynamically (tsm will give you the costs after an ah scan). after a short scan you post those that will wield a nice profit. you can increase your profit highly by buying the mats when they are cheap and list the enchants during peak times (weekends, raid times).

2.) Low level MATS: i found running hellfire ramparts pretty nice. disenchant the greens and sell it on the ah to those leveling up enchanting. this works very wel on high pop servers. here you can increase your profit by leveling up tailoring to ~350 (if you dont already have a tailor) so you can craft cloth items out of the netherweave. test the run a couple of times and if it works well decide whether or not youll skill a tailor up to it. 350 skill level is rather cheap as its pretty easy to get to that skill level and as you can disenchant the items during leveling process. this also works well in higher vanilla dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Patiently observe trade chat waiting for someone to ask for an Enchanter. Often players will give you a serious tip if you don't ask for a fee. If they don't give you one on their own, ask for it. Can be very profitable.
    this was never worth it to me. usually ppl pay slightly more (even more than prize + tip) if they can get it readily made on the auction house. also youll simply sell more by posting instead of going from customer to customer which is time consuming and rather annoying.
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2013-05-22 at 11:19 AM.

Twink enchants + Jade Spirit + Dancing Steel.

This is where 99% of my gold from enchanting comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodacz View Post
    Since it's all about geting mats quickly... Keepin in mind that I don't have a jewelcrafter... to shuffle 'n shet...
    How to get profit?
    I tried runing Heroics for random blue/green drops to disenchant, after they nerfed the turtle spot in Valley of the four winds...
    now I'm confused...

Should I focus on heirloom enchants?
    midway enchants?
    or the MoP ones?

thanks in advance!
    A while back I was making quite a bit from the heirloom enchants and the lower level twink enchants. Turnover wasn't high, but it was steady enough to be worth investing in.

However, with fewer folks levelling alts these days, and an even stagnant market, its quite really hard. Dream Dusts and a lot of the lower level dusts use to sell for quite a bit. With AOE looting, cloth has become pretty cheap and so its also easier to farm enchanting mats. I remember not to long back Great Cosmic Essence use to sell for close to 20G/each and the Abyss Crystal for around 30-40G. The essence currently sells for 50 SILVER and the crystal has dropped down to 10-20G.

But it highly depends on your realm. I am on a RP realm and the turnover for high end MoP enchants is really slow since we have very few people into PVE.

On an more active PVE server with a lot of focus on raiding, I am sure that would be different. Its also never been easier to level up Enchanting. It use to be pretty expensive and the Rods itself use to account for 60% of my total investment to level up the profession. With the current changes to the Rods, its much cheaper and there are quite a few enchanters around so competition is high and its easy to get undercut.

I suggest look at your realm, see what the focus is, accordingly you'll know what to do. If you are on a high progression based server, then high end MoP Enchants are gong to be a good money maker. Heirloom Enchants is mostly a niche market. You can target the 70 PVP market, but its very slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Have always found dealing with people in trade to be a waste of time. People dont always say thank you. Tips tend to be very low and the ah is much more profitable and less hassle.

No need to take my advice, just try it for yourself and compare it with how much you cna make off the ah. Ever since it was possible to put enchants on scrolls this has been the way to go. This counts equally for just about all trade activity except rare items such as pets, mounts, epics etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making gold with enchanting these days is doing my crystal cooldown everyday, and sometimes if I see cheap cloth and can be bothered I'll craft and disenchant the PvP cloaks for Ethereal Shards (both to sell and to use for my cooldown). The shuffle just isn't worth it on my realm.

I try my best to find things to do here and there, like with 5.3 you can get a pair of 502 boots from a quest, which means people will want the Pandaren's Step enchant. I reset the market at 500% increased price, but I'm not seeing much action from it. I didn't invest much to make this a top gold maker, but I was hoping for some easy gold on the side with little effort. Got my gold from resetting the market allready back though, so it;s all good, the rest is a question of selling, either long term or when the market picks up later today as more people get on and do the quest.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to do the ore shuffle to obtain my enchanting mats but that is getting to be a waste of gold these days. I used to be able to get ore for 20g a stack, now it runs about 50-60g and the price of enchanting materials have stayed the same.

Most of my mats now come from activity on all my other non-enchanters (doing dailies, questing etc.) who then feed my enchanter with greens.

The best advice I can offer you is just keep an eye on the AH price of the dusts and essences and then compare them to the cost of the enchants and make the scrolls according to that. For me personally, it is better to make MoP enchants rather than the lower ones. YMMV.

Deleted
    Que t14 LFR's > bonus every boss > dis what you get > Jade Spirit or Dancing Steel.

Deleted
    i buy elementium ore and make greens out of the gems. then disenchant and sell $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    You should sell every enchant that is profitable amd keep them stocked.
    Look at your ah and you cna decide whether you want to do MOP, heirloom or a mixture.
    Study your ah to decide whats the most efficient way of getting mats.
    yep:
    https://theunderminejournal.com/cate...ory=enchanting

The best thing anyone can do is use The Undermine(for your realm) and go through your spellbook, listing profitable enchants.
    Last edited by usiris; 2013-05-24 at 04:42 PM.

With the reduced cost for upgrading heirlooms, the enchants for them should sell nicely. Some of the mats for those, though, are painful to farm *cough* essence of air *cough*.

enchants is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    With the reduced cost for upgrading heirlooms, the enchants for them should sell nicely. Some of the mats for those, though, are painful to farm *cough* essence of air *cough*.
    If I got 100g for every time someone's asked me for Agility weapon enchants, telling me they'll farm the mats and get back to me, and then never hear from again, I'd be rich.

Wait, I'm allready rich.

I'd be filthy rich then.