Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are pets bugged after patch?

My pet doesnt seem to cast bite/claw at all with autocast on on bosses in lfr after the patch. Anyone else having the issue?

Deleted
    Yup, I'm having the same issue as well.

I'm still working on trying to figure out what is causing it. The three things I've narrowed it down to are respeccing, adding or removing the talent Blink Strikes, or casting Stampede. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Some people reports that it stops autocasting after you use BW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on EU servers, and I'm not having this problem with or without blink strikes, during or after Bestial Wrath, and during or after Stampede.

This was on a target dummy, so not sure if it's bugged in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    I'm on EU servers, and I'm not having this problem with or without blink strikes, during or after Bestial Wrath, and during or after Stampede.

This was on a target dummy, so not sure if it's bugged in raids.
    The same people said it worked fine on dummies, so i guess its only in raids.

Deleted
    Maybe we can temporary macro claw in all our shot...

I just picked a random kill from last night...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15445&e=15764

Seems to have been fine for me. I specced SV and took BS and DB.

I've been having this since the start of MoP and have reported it as a bug multiple times. Sometimes my pets just decide to never autocast anything in any spec and I just need to abandon them and tame a new one. Currently my Cat doesn't autocast anything it should,

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just gotten hit by this bug. I took bite off of my pet's action bar to see if it'd happen, and sure it did.

It seems that putting Bite on the pet action bar seems to reduce the chance of it happening.

So I just macro'd the pet's basic ability into all of my shots and I noticed a hefty dps increase, so I think I did indeed get effected by this yesterday.

For people who are experiencing this, can you list which add-ons you are using?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    For people who are experiencing this, can you list which add-ons you are using?
    -Bartender4
    -ShadowedUnitFrames
    -Quartz
    -EnergyWatchReborn
    -NPCscan
    -DBM
    -Altoholic
    -EPGP Lootmaster
    -NeedToKnow
    -Reforgesaver
    -TidyPlates
    -WeakAuras

I think that's it.

My pet seems to be ok. I've done a few Scenarios and there wasn't an issue.

2 hunters on 3 tonight affected.

Hmm, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this in tonight's raid.

My pet's basic attack usages just looked... somewhat inconsistent at times. I actually decided to put it on the action bar to observe it more carefully, and strangely enough, it was being delayed on *some* fights. I don't think it happened all the time, but something didn't feel right. This behavior was definitely not happening prior to 5.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    2 hunters on 3 tonight affected.
    Mind asking them which add-ons they are using?

I have the same problem.

I was testing my DPS with different talents with my purple arcane serpent on the second training dummy (alliance shrine) when I saw that my pet doesn't auto cast Bite at all when specced for aMoC or Lynx Rush. Bite worked fine when specced for the new Blink Strikes. I noticed the same behaviour when I tried my red arcane serpent. Irritated, I tamed another serpent with a normal model, but that worked fine.

My next idea: "maybe only the dummies are bugged?" I tried my purple arcane serpent on a quest mob nearby, autocast did work fine.
    Back to the dummy: no autocast.
    So I thought: "let's try another dummy". autocast worked fine on the left dummy. Very strange.
    "Ok, I'll try the second dummy once more". This was even stranger: My pet auto attacked the second dummy just fine, but did use auto cast Bite on the left dummy (which I had targeted before, but it was no longer my target or focus target... my pet shouldn't have attacked the left dummy at all).

edit: just downloaded a small (~20MB) patch. My violet arcane serpent still doesn't auto cast bite when specced into aMoC or LR on the second dummy.
    Last edited by Lil; 2013-05-23 at 12:33 AM.

If you pve then I guess I can understand the auto casting of it but if your pvp then you should really make a macro so that you control the the bites, claw ect. What this macro does is allows you to use blink strikes just like the old blink strike, plus, when you get cobra strikes you get guaranteed crits with it. I've been toying with it and got some astounding results. Those results being my pet having a 3 second cd attack that is off my global cost me no focus and can hit from 30-60 crits, and it always crits with cobra strikes.

Sure its more to manage, I would be lying if I would say im completely comfortable with it but, dam its pretty nice, nice enough where I don't think its intended to be used this way.

DO NOT test this on the dummies in Shrine. There is an issue on them where they're too close to the wall, causing the pet to sometimes clip through the wall and lose line-of-sight (which is now needed for the changes to Basic Attacks made during implementing Blink Strikes). Test it on a dummy like the one in Darnassus, with a large area of space behind it.

I've personally not seen this happen, outside of the specific instance of the Shrine dummies (which is an issue which should not occur on any of the raid bosses, as far as I'm aware -- and certainly not on all of them).

There did also used to be a bug back in... Cataclysm where autocast settings (though this was setting autocast off) wouldn't stick intermittently unless the ability was on the pet bar. Can anyone confirm whether they've seen this autocast issue with any ability that is on their pet bar?

I noticed at the very least on Jin'rokh, Horridon, and Durumu tonight (sat out for some, others I just didn't look for it). Notably it was not a problem on Horridon adds or any trash. Happened to our other hunter too. My initial guess is that it has something to do with the size of the boss's target frame.

Macro'ing it into other abilities is fine, although not ideal (you can still cap a lot of focus)