Thread: 5.3 warlocks.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.3 warlocks.

Few notes from playing 5.3 for a few hours.

I wonder if it's intended that when you die, your demonic portal despawns.

I kill Zandalari warbringers quite often, if I was to be grouped with another person and I died, I could soulstone back up and get my voidwalker back up and they could use the portal to drop aggro back to my voidlord, now though, they dont remain when we die, which means that if I die, its a guaranteed chance that the other person in my group would die.

I noticed as well, I could summon a demonic portal halfway across the continent, come back 10 minutes later and it be up, now though, it seems that if you go over 100 yards away, it despawns.

Another thing i've noticed, my voidlord has "Suffering" off by default, so it dosen't taunt the vengeful ghosts that come with the warbringers, but for some reason, i'm seeing my pet taunt them, which should not be happening at all, usually i'd drop a ROF and theyd aggro to me, but now, when I'm AOEing them to get aggro, I can target the ghost and physically see my voidwalker turning round and taunting it, and i'm positive it's turned off, because it wont always do it, just occasionally at random intervals.

Anyone else noticed any other warlock bugs? Seems really wierd they've just popped up all of a sudden.

In good news though, those of us which have the green fire can now activate it like an aura, and combined with the ashes of al'ar, gives us a really awesome fel fire mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    the despawning issue is being fixed..

there's also a bug with gate where if you mount up before it sets a charge it will never charge. got me killed in arenas a few times yesterday.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-22 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one, when you hit fire and brimstone without an ember charge, you cant cast any spells, which is extremely annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Another one, when you hit fire and brimstone without an ember charge, you cant cast any spells, which is extremely annoying.
    Slightly annoying i guess, If you deactivate it and can they be cast again? Or does it persist?

You can deactivate it by just pressing it again. It's basically a stance now - when active, those abilities also cost an ember but are AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it can be activated again, but to be better at your class, pre 5.3, you could pre empt the amount of embers you would get and cast accordingly, such as like, you could use F&B immolate, spread it to multiple targets, drop ROF on them and soak the embers and spam F&B conflag or F&B incinerate, now though, with the way it regenerates, you need the embers to cast in the first place, which means if the embers don't regenerate as fast as you hope, you end up not being able to cast for 3-4 seconds while your embers generate.

Few notes from playing 5.3 for a few hours.
    Another thing i've noticed, my voidlord has "Suffering" off by default, so it dosen't taunt the vengeful ghosts that come with the warbringers, but for some reason, i'm seeing my pet taunt them, which should not be happening at all.
    This bug was happening for the voidwalker in 5.2 but not voidlord. Was fun on DA for a while Pretty bad that it got moved to voidlord also. My guild's gonna sking me alive again for not preparing my pet before DA ... some fast wipes though.

Deleted
    In good news though, those of us which have the green fire can now activate it like an aura, and combined with the ashes of al'ar, gives us a really awesome fel fire mount.
    One question: HOW?!

You can still use RoF/Fel Flame, you just can't use Immo/Incin/Conflag

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    One question: HOW?!
    Just activate it like you would with a stance, and watch how awesome your mounts become.

10+ Year Old Account
    F&B takes a ton of getting used to. lol. My dps for Horridon went to hell because I kept activating and deactivating it nonstop. Even when I kept telling myself don't touch it, reflexes would keep kicking in. lol.

Deleted
    Just activate it like you would with a stance, and watch how awesome your mounts become.
    I'm so gonna see how Astral Cloud Serpent looks like!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    I'm so gonna see how Astral Cloud Serpent looks like!
    Be sure to post an imgur or imageshack link, im quite interested =P

Another thing i've noticed, my voidlord has "Suffering" off by default, so it dosen't taunt the vengeful ghosts that come with the warbringers, but for some reason, i'm seeing my pet taunt them, which should not be happening at all, usually i'd drop a ROF and theyd aggro to me, but now, when I'm AOEing them to get aggro, I can target the ghost and physically see my voidwalker turning round and taunting it, and i'm positive it's turned off, because it wont always do it, just occasionally at random intervals.
    I only just started trying to solo them and found that I had a heck of a time getting agro off my pet with my pet set on passive and taunt turned off, this was last week though, when we were still in 5.2. So long story short, I'm not entirely sure it's new with 5.3, though maybe I was just not timing my RoF right or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feylor View Post
    I only just started trying to solo them and found that I had a heck of a time getting agro off my pet with my pet set on passive and taunt turned off, this was last week though, when we were still in 5.2. So long story short, I'm not entirely sure it's new with 5.3, though maybe I was just not timing my RoF right or something.
    It seems that theyre very wierd, but moreso post patch, best I can do atm is drop Reign of fire just before it spawns and hope for the best and that my voidlord dosen't randomly taunt

Wat. No option for that /shrug?

Oh....FnB makes you glowy....Now I get it...
    Last edited by Woz; 2013-05-22 at 07:46 PM.

Imageshack/Imgur link, perhaps? I mean, that must look awesome as hell!

Deleted
    This...is...madness, really annoying indeed. Did magera HC about an hour ago, I'm on Aoe the adds down, then go on boss. After Aoe, I should go back to the boss. However, I just stood there for about 10sec, making my button not like me. Ofc I had the fire and brimstone shit on. Really annoyed with this crap imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed as well, I could summon a demonic portal halfway across the continent, come back 10 minutes later and it be up, now though, it seems that if you go over 100 yards away, it despawns.
    /sigh

Can't they ever touch anything without breaking it?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    This...is...madness, really annoying indeed. Did magera HC about an hour ago, I'm on Aoe the adds down, then go on boss. After Aoe, I should go back to the boss. However, I just stood there for about 10sec, making my button not like me. Ofc I had the fire and brimstone shit on. Really annoyed with this crap imo.
    I just turn mine off when I run out of embers. Cumbersome, perhaps, but not worth buying a stool and a noose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.